TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

I still have an ugly bruise from the doc.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey
    20170709_150131.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 180
Wow, how ham handed. :(
 
I'm starting year 2 on this new knee. I am so happy to walk around my classroom this year, unaided and so much stronger. The only drawback is it is swelling a bit. I'm probably overdoing it a bit. I tried doing some walking in the building afterschool this week. Twice around the floor and I had some shin splints on that leg. Need to strengthen a bit more. Little by little I will get there. I have a trip abroad next summer so I have incentive.
 
Year 2
I have been away from the forum for quite awhile.
It's been a busy year. I am getting around better and better. This week will be my 2 year knee-versary. I have begun working out with a trainer to further strengthen the knee and surrounding muscles. I did plan a summer trip abroad, but plans fell thru (not knee related).
I am getting "rooster shots" to the other knee since it took so much abuse the 9 months leading up to the other knee's TKR. Just an additional reason to have a trainer and get stronger and slimmer.
 
Welcome back, @Kazilla! It's great to hear from you and that you are doing so well! We can probably change your signature since you did have your surgery!

Are the rooster shots working for you? Are they administered the same way as a cortisone shot?
 
The shots worked for me for while. I hope you are able to buy some time with them.
 
2 years, 1 day

First session with new trainer. Wow, is she gonna work me out hard. I think I already luv her LOL.

Local Y has Olympic outdoor pool. $7 a visit without a membership. Plus, I get free 2 weeks membership as a teacher. The pool opens tomorrow for the season, so I'm going to start that right after the holiday weekend.

I've also begun my food diary on MFP and have to text trainer those weekly. Its a requirement by her. I am truly on a mission this summer.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom