THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you get to the bottom of the jerking Mike. I have suffered it myself occasionally from the opioids and it is not nice.

Hope your going to post a pic of your scar too!
 
What a great day. I've reduced my meds and feel better for it. I can pick up a new prescription later today.

My sweet daughter went out and got me a strawberry shake.

I got up and made it halfway to the bathroom before I realized I forgot my crutch. It wasn't bad! My gosh that new hip feels so good compared to the old one. Going up stairs I noticed some of the stability muscles weren't very strong. But man it felt good!

Did I do a bad thing, such a short trip?
 
Ok spoke too soon. Is it normal to have waves of sickness? First I got really cold, then I felt a bit shaky. I was due for Tylenol so I took it and made sure I laid down for a good stretch. Feeling better now but staying down. I didn't do much today couldn't have over done it.

I honestly wonder if the Tylenol is doing more good then the oxy.
 
Recovery is full of little ups and downs, @M1ke . It may be the meds having an effect, or you're still getting reactions from the anaesthetic .... All in all though, you seem to be doing well. Keep listening to your body, and stop when it tells you it has had enough.
 
I'm still sick. My temp is low mouth super pasty, all over body ache, headache.

Just like a case of the flu. I'm calling the nurse again. I haven't switched meds yet because the order wasn't ready yesterday.
 
Went in today. I have a UTI. That explains it all.
 
yep, @M1ke ... that would explain things. At least you found out quickly and it shouldn't be too hard to treat.
Hang in there :)
 
@M1ke ... are you the one with the yellow jersey in the background (top right)...? :snork:

There is no reason why you shouldn't return to the racing. We look forward to hearing about it when you get there. :)
 
One of the dangers of catheters.... but at least you found out about the UTI and can get better now!
 
Report:

Today I woke up still misersble. I had a restless night sleep as well. Feverish chill, nausea frequent and short urination. I called the nurse and she wanted me to come in for lab work. They sent me home with antibiotic as I had a UTI. I knew something wasn't right. My wife just said "no you just overdid it". Didn't make sense to me with those symptoms. I immediately took my dosage and I already feel a little better. I sure wish I could take ibuprofen though. My body responds well to that.

Lots of rest today and now I already feel better though I am still weak. I watched lots of walking dead and dexter. Lol

As far as my hip goes it is marvelous. As an exercise I walked unassisted a couple times including stairs. I take it slow but I can feel the muscles tightening and getting stronger. The swelling is down a lot now due to elevation all night every night and much of the day. I prefer to lay down rather than sit down.

Tomorrow I'm ready to pick up the guitar I bought just for this occasion.
 
Hi @M1ke. I am at one week today. Regarding heels. In the hospital they rolled 2 towels and put under lower legs so heel doesn't touch. They said something about muscles in thigh and leg and that heel doesn't become crack n sore from pressure on sheets. I read u got ur towels and hope it is better For me pain never over 3. I take tramodol before bed and before Pt. My problem is waking last 3 nights At 2 am and 4 am. Not in pain just because. Who knows. Best of luck to you my friend. Sue


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@M1ke I'm glad ur feeling little better regarding uti. Hang in there.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Just a little hiccup for you Mike on your road to recovery - hope your feeling a lot better soon mate! The news on the hip sounds terrific!

Music therapy is a great thing as well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom