THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the sunlight therapy..:) does anyone know how soon you can go to the beach after surgery? Not in ocean .. Just sit on beach.. I need that!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Love the sunlight therapy..:) does anyone know how soon you can go to the beach after surgery? Not in ocean .. Just sit on beach.. I need that!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
As long as your comfortable I don't know why you could go sooner rather than later. The unstable surface might suggest use of your walker though.
 
Now that's quite a look... A bikini and a walker:(


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
That's what happens when a guy gives advice. I wasn't thinking about how it would look. :snork:
 
Great day today. I got some sun and did some unassisted walking outside. I've been suffering from a mild headache for some reason and don't you know my little bit of time outside seemed to cure that. I instantly felt better I really did. I recommend that to everyone.

My doctor called to check in. Nice guy. The type of guy I would invite on the boat to do some surfing (he's an ocean surfer). Anyway we talked about several things:

1. Meds. He said a switch to hydrocodone should be fine for me. I hate that oxy stuff. :egypdance:
2. Activities. I asked it it was ok to walk unassisted. He said as long as it's not vigorous we have to let soft tissue heal.:spin:He said it was quite early but he's not surprised.
3. He asked about an email I sent him about bike racing. He was a little cautious here and said I would need to take it slow, really slow but he thought that was resonable. Heck ya!!! I was going to take the fall off entirely and plan a slow comeback. Fall of 2015. I believe this can be a better strategy because comebacks can be made longer if you injure something. Besides my wife is discovering racing and I can't wait to support her. So I'll still be at all the races! So maybe I was just a little shaken up after surgery and misunderstood the PA? Oh man that was stressing me out.


All this is great news! I'm planning a nice slow little walk outside unassisted tomorrow!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well pleased to hear this latest update Mike :)
Getting out alone is enough to lift one's spirits. Enjoy the walk! :walking:
 
I remember getting out all by myself too about a week after. Just a little walk with my elbow crutches to the mailbox and back. Our mailbox is down a long driveway through the woods. Boy, did that feel wonderful! My husband kept an anxious eye on me which I found annoying and sweet at the same time. I remember thinking,: I am a big girl, I know what I am doing. Anyway, I am now over three month post-op and doing great. I kind of have forgotten about my hip. I do everything I want to do, which is a whole lot more than from pre-op. I garden, I walk a lot, I ride my bike not as much as I want to due to the weather. I rode 35 miles yesterday, wanting just to mosey around, but when a fellow cyclist [a stranger] rode past me and I caught up to him later when he was on his cell-phone and stopped, I was overcome by the need to not let him catch me again and I rode much harder than I had planned on. That was so much fun! Mike, you'll be back on your bike sooner than you think.
 
@psychteach and anyone else contemplating a visit to the beach following hip (or knee) replacement - walking in sand is much more strenuous than walking on flat surface! My first beach visit was about 6 months after BTHR and I ached quite a bit the next day! Just muscle aches but still uncomfortable. So make it a short sand walk and go slow. Also might be best to wait until incision(s) are completely healed.
 
I am really craving some yogurt. No one is here. I haven't taken Vicodin since early morning 2am. I am fit to go get my own yogurt so I'm doing it!
 
Ok now I am getting discouraged. First off the hip is great. Yesterday and this morning were great walking around unassisted and climbing stairs stronger than I used to.

I had a small complication a UTI. For the UTI they gave me an antibiotic called ciproflaxacin. If you take a second and look it up you'll see that ciproflaxacin has a black label because in 1 in 67? Patients it attacks tendons and ligaments. People have ruptured Achilles because of this antibiotic.

Well apparently I'm 1/67. This morning I was in some pain in my knees, and elbow. Now it's in my feet and Achilles. The doctors haven't called me back. I wasn't bad this morning and now I am in moderate to severe pain and I can hardly walk. All because of this cipro. I am furious. 1 in 67? Are you kidding me. They're still selling this garbage?
 
Can someone with some natural path experience chime in and help me get this poison out of my body? A quick search came up with magnesium. Anything else? I'm tired of doctors.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cipro is a very powerful drug. I have taken it for UTI 's and is really broad spectrum on what bacteria it kills so it works well. If you are sure it is the reason for your pain , you need to get on a different antibiotic but be sure your culture shows that it is not resistant to the bacteria you have or you will not get better. You definitely need antibiotics for a UTI. I believe strongly in natural.methods but UTI 's do not get better without antibiotics. Call your doc again.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Yup I'm sure it's the cipro. I've taken it before and It made my Achilles sore. It was mild though so I let it go. This time was worse.
 
They are calling back tomorrow.

I wish I could have a beer now!
 
@M1ke sorry you are going thru such a rough patch..I will keep great thoughts that things turn around for you soon. Hang in there my friend...hugs...Sue
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom