Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Happy Sunday @Berber7227
Hoping today finds you feeling a bit stronger.
Anything special on the agenda today?
Baking, car ride....
Wishing you a good one :loveshwr:
 
I echo MammaT's sentiments.
I hope you are feeling better and the weather is letting up on you some also.:wave:
 
I have finally given up! I can only take so much!!
 
I am certainly not an expert @Berber7227, but I do know that at 8 weeks my single hip replacement was just starting to consistently feel human. Common sense tells me a double may take a bit longer. Also look back at all the very physical activity you did early on-the garage clean out, the shoveling and the fairly aggressive pt. I have read many people on here say that too much too soon can delay recovery. As @Mojo333 says, just because we can do it doesn’t mean we should.

The only possible way to reset the clock is to have doc ensure everything is in place as it should be and move forward slowly. Just do easy walking. You probably still need regular ice and even occasional pain medicine.

I feel your frustration and wish I could make it go away.
 
Good Morning @Berber7227
It's heartbreaking to read of your feelings this morning. It's not a great way to begin a new week.
I'm wondering what has you feeling so hopeless and in despair.

It's extremely difficult to lose our sense of normality in everyday life. Two things come to mind.
First being depression which is common after surgery. Life as you knew it has drastically changed.
You're not progressing as you'd hoped. I worry that you are comparing your recovery to that of others and feel you're not making the grade. Most of us experienced THR. You went through BTHR. That extra letter carries some weight in the realm of recovery.

I'm not expecting you to answer these questions, just some things to ponder:
Are you getting out of the home enough?
Are you connecting with friends or loved ones, either through visits, or phone calls?
Are you feeling isolated, alone?
Living in the area of the country that you do with the snow and cold, I'm wondering if you're getting out
to smell the roses at all? If you are feeling frustrated, hopeless and alone, consider speaking with your physician if you haven't already. Possibly he could prescribe something for you as a bridge to get back to where you want to be.

I'm wondering if speaking with a priest or pastor may help? Even if you don't belong to a church I'm sure you could phone one nearby and arrange to speak with someone. It may also introduce you to new people willing to offer love, comfort and support.....which we all need.

Next, I'm wondering if you're in a state of chronic pain. It did seem you were into some aggressive PT for a time and possibly you've yet to recover. Consider talking to your OS or a member of his care team if you haven't already about prescribing some pain relief for an additional time. Pull out the ice, if you haven't already.

Since you can only move forward you'll need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again, just as the song says. I strongly encourage you make some phone calls. First to your primary physician then the office of your OS. Getting back into the right frame of mind mentally and emotionally will help you move forward with physical healing.

We're here Berber to offer love and support but we can only do so much. Please keep in touch. We care and want to see you happy and thriving.

Sending a hug and prayers that you gather up the strength and motivation needed to move forward.
 
@Berber7227
I'm just checking in on your recovery thread and it looks like you are in a world of hurt!! Please please don't be so hard on yourself! Your body is telling you to slow the hell down. It does not matter if you were doing without canes and walkers before Christmas, whatever you were doing in PT plus the long car ride and shopping with daughter was too much.
You essentially have had two broken and repaired joints/femurs and that needs more time to heal. No other options. Give your body the time it needs.
Listen lady don't make me come up there. Vermont isn't that far from me! :no-fin:
Give yourself a few more days of
NOTHING! Just ice and watch some TV.
We are all pulling for you:console2:
 
Oh @Berber7227 I hope your feeling better than you were when you posted earlier in the day.
Pain is utteriy draining and depressing. I think it would probably be a good idea to talk to your OS or doctor and get sone stronger painkillers. It may also be worth talking to them regarding your progress I’m sure they will be able to put your mind at rest. It really had not been long since your op, you’ve had two hips done at the same time which is amazing but your recovery is going to take longer than those of us that have only had one done.
Thinking of you and wishing you well.
 
@Berber7227
Just checking in again tonight to see how your day went. Hopefully you'll feel up to letting us know.
Somewhere on this forum there has been discussion of how people can get the "post op blues"? I guess I would just call it "fall out" from the crazy involved assault on the body and psyche that joint replacement brings along in its wake.
You maybe have a double whammy due to both hips? Pain and the worry of "when will I get over this"!! We are praying for you and anxious to hear how you're doing tonight. This too shall pass - Spring is coming!
 
Aloha @Berber7227 ! :flwrysmile: I have a brain that holds on to facts like a sieve. But, I believe your Mother is of the mind that you are making a mountain out of a molehill.:bored: I have one of those too. As a child, if you were not bleeding profusely, and your life was not in danger, then you were fine. Yes, folks she actually would ask that question and we all knew she was deadly serious. If your daughter has a cold or the flu, :eeeuw: you want to stay away! :friends: We wish you only the best. The very best rest!:curtsey:I don't know how I managed to put that selfie in there. :heehee: The serious part, here it comes, is, you have LOTS of people, that you have never met in person, caring about you; wishing you healing rest and a peaceful mind and spirit.
 
I had a super busy day yesterday but hate to hear you are so distraught!
My goodness at the folks who are rooting for you around here. Mostly one-hippers that know what a struggle they had, and they are sure that double has got to be double the "fun"
Except for some well wishing, no one can give you good advice without some details.
You essentially have had two broken and repaired joints/femurs and that needs more time to heal. No other options. Give your body the time it needs
That truly is the truth.
I wish I could fast forward recovery for you...please let us know exactly where you and maybe we could give some feedback that will be helpful.
Post op depression is also a very real issue especially when we aren't where we think we should be.
Today is a new day...
 
Hi Berber,
Stopping by to say Hi! Looks like you have a lot of peeps here who care about you and
are wondering how you're doing. I hope things are looking up today.

This recovery biz can be like a roller coaster ride at times but it will even out. Your body
has been through a lot and is desperately trying to recover and it will.
Just try to rustle up some more patience.....you'll get there, I know you will!
Hope today feels brighter :SUNsmile:
 
Hi, sorry it’s all so crummy for you just now. There are lots of us worried about you and wishing you all the best. Yes it’s hard. Is there anything we can do to help? Is there a positive you can think of and hold on to? I’m so glad I can now sleep pretty well instead of constant pain and up and down through the night.
 
I also wanted to check in.
Hope you are feeling better...:fingersx:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom