Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

I'm sorry you're suffering and struggling @Berber7227
It's too bad your mom thinks you're faking this set-back. I would imagine that's hurtful.
Not knowing her it's hard to comprehend what she thinks you're hoping to gain in faking pain.

I understand you've made your mind up about wanting to keep up with PT
However, would you consider dialing it back, meaning re-scheduling any apts you already have
scheduled for further down the road. Let's say 2-3 weeks and just see how you progress on your own with
some daily walking alone.

You've suffered two serious setbacks now, the latest confining you to a wheel chair. That's quite the detour.
Consider switching it up, trying something different and see if you notice an accelerated progress.
What do you have to lose? PT isn't going anywhere, they'll be there waiting when / if you return. I just worry
that the PT you are engaging in is stalling you're progress and possibly contributing to your set-backs.
 
Last edited:
PT at this point is basic stretches, and a way to keep track of me! All they require is I keep moving. Sheduled for 45 min, usally leave after 30 as I have done the basics, they are adding nothing new!
 
Well at least they aren’t trying to get you to do a bunch of stuff to set you back. Sitting here watching snow, may not leave house til church on Sunday. Hope you are getting some relief and moving better @Berber7227.
 
You better be careful...I was going to let you show me up with recovery. Bilateral and doing well at 4 months out and I cut out PT until then...is phenomenal...you aren't that far and you hit the ODIC...like me! So gentle stretching is all you need. You could take a break...I know PT at least gives you something to do...and look forward to...but please take it easy. You were just talking wheelchair:flabber:
 
I'm not sure PT is the issue (other than the 1 problematic session a while back). If they're primarily doing stretches and massage, that may help Berber get back to where she was. The culprit was the cycle (at PT the one time and then the one she got earlier this week). PT isn't necessarily a dirty word - the problem is if you're doing exercises at PT that cause pain instead of helping you feel better.
 
I agree...but I also think that there is no harm in total rest for a while when you are no longer able to walk!
Pick it back up...after some TLC, I think.
We all want to help you heal, @Berber7227 ...all we can do is speak from our experiences.
Listen to your body, and you will get through this.
 
New day...Berber. I'm hoping you have a relaxing weekend and aren't tired of me popping by to wish you well and plead with you to take it easy.
I know how anxious you must be to get on with it.
Unfortunately sometimes it's just a patience thing.
I think month 4 was my big turnaround!
I really can't imagine you regretting this surgery once you give things time to heal.
Hip surgery is big surgery...Hip surgery X 2...is very traumatic on our body.
Rooting for you! Hope today is a Good Day!
 
Mine were very sensitive for I'd say 12 weeks...not sure if actually hurting..per se. They still pull and are tender if I stretch alot.
Are yours really bothering you?
 
I wouldn’t say mine hurts but I’m aware of it and it’s tightness. And I’m more aware if I’ve been active or if I’ve been sat “properly”. I think massaging with bio oil or just rubbing it if I’m out and about helps.
Are yours causing you a lot of grief?
 
I am putting cocoa butter on them. Rubbing in circles and back and forth. Very painful. No so of infection! Clothes touching them hurt!
 
I was just wondering the same thing @Berber. I just can’t get comfortable sitting tonight to watch TV. Seems to hurt in every position, more so than when first operated. Just standing at kitchen counter is most comfortable at the moment but not very relaxing.
 
Hi @Berber7227
Those incisions can be sensitive for quite some time. Sorry they're bothering you but I'm feeling
you may need to gather up a little more patience. I know it gets frustrating but it will get better.
It may help if you and @Descant take a look at the following articles, sometimes we need a little refresher course along this journey. To brighter days....
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/healing-how-long-does-it-take.5424/
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/chart-representation-of-thr-recovery.11748/
 
Last edited:
Hi @Descant
Those articles are beneficial in the sense they put so much into perspective.
Healing is a process and naturally we get impatient. At least I know I did often in those first weeks / months. I read the articles very early on but truthfully I couldn't absorb much as my brain was in a fog.
I find it helpful to go back and look at them now and again myself. Even though I'm six and a half months post op.....I'm still early into recovery in the whole scheme of things.
A great Sunday to you!
 
Think about how deep those cuts are. It occurred to me fairly early on that if we had accidently cut ourselves to the bone or broken our leg... we would be more understanding of the time it takes to heal.
I lucked out with summer recovery and light clothing. Snug jeans bother my incisions even now.
Another one of those annoying time things.
Hope today is a Good Day.
 
I bought some Actilite Manuka Honey @Berber7227 impregnated dressings from Amazon when wound was looking a bit red. Never used them because wound looks ok. However I put one of these dressings on last night covered with panty liner and it really has calmed it down. Not hurting nearly as much. Very soothing.
 
Back
Top Bottom