Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Isn't the common denominator in your two major set backs the cycle? You had problems when do did it at PT and you were doing well until you tried it again. For whatever reason, the cycle doesn't seem to agree with you and your new hips - at least for now. Rest and recover and then stay away from bikes!
 
Alot of us have all found our limits the hard way...myself included.
The exhilaration of new sensation of no hip pain caused me to forget alot of healing to do.
Just try doing very little but icing and short walks.
Betting it's just aggravated.
Plus post-op blues set in along with cabin fever.
All very predictable and common unfortunately...don't get anxious.
Sending healing hugs:console2:
 
Last edited:
Hi @Berber7227
Hopefully you're feeling better today. Physically and emotionally.
In reading Sara's post above I'm wondering if she's right.
I didn't go back to see what preceded your last episode in feeling a sense of hopelessness
but am now wondering about the connection...
Hoping with the advice and opinions you've received you're viewing your recovery differently this morning.
There will be ups and downs, taking many variables into consideration. Take it slow and it will eventually fall into place. Best wishes for a good day!
 
Last edited:
Dr, PT, everyone else has decided no bike for me. The muscles injured the first time, are still not happy! 5 min, for 2 days, and in wheelchair! To late to go back, so forward it is, crying and screaming. Would say kicking and screaming, but can not kick!
 
You will be kicking soon enough. You've come back from this before and you were stronger going into it this time. It will just take a little time and patience. Looks like a good weekend to put your feet up and rest. Take care and remember you're invincible! :flwrysmile:
 
Aaawwww...I'm so sorry. I'm kicking for you. You rest and you can kick later!:tantrum2:
Hugs, Jodi
 
Last edited:
I agree @Berber7227 you will be kicking again! And you will bike again. And you will get out of wheelchair. But for now rest and work on shorter outings to begin with. Meanwhile cry, scream, hit a couple of pillows-frustration has to come out somehow.
 
Aww, @Berber7227
It will get better. You know firsthand because you've been there before.
I guess not knowing our limitations often results in trial and error.
You entered the ODIC and if you play it cool :whistle: you can slink your way right
back outta there!! :bolt:
To brighter days.....
 
When I was going through my divorce, a friend sent me a cartoon. First frame was the old adage "that which does not kill us makes us stronger". Second frame " I ought to be able to benchpress a Buick by now."
 
Hi @Berber7227
Would you consider going back to mom's for a few days?
Or is that a :bignono:
What about your daughter....or don't you want to bother her.
You've got us for company, Berber. Sadly, we just can't do anything for you.
 
Hi @Berber7227
Hope today finds you feeling better and stronger.
Are you making your way out of the wheelchair yet?
Baby steps will get you there. You will get this right.
Through trial and error, support and determination you will triumph in all of this.
Let's us know how you're doing. We're concerned.
Best wishes for a great weekend!
 
Settling in for the weekend! Rain, ice, snow. No to Mom's, she thinks I am faking it! Daughter has flu!
@SaraK I bench pressed a Honda CR-V!!!

The pysio therapist, lives near me. Saw me at PT, asked what the heck had happened! I was walking unaided, when he saw me last!
 
Slow and steady wins the race @Berber7227! We all want to be hares when we're feeling good, but sometimes it's better to be a tortoise.

We had the rain, sleet, ice and snow come through this morning. Kind of a shock to the system after 55 degs yesterday.
 
Back
Top Bottom