Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Five minutes here and there, then slowly increasing the time shouldn't hurt.
I'd ice right away if I ever felt I overdid it. :upright:< Don't go that fast though :heehee:
@Berber7227
 
I had a heart wave going on when I had my BTHR and even though I tolerate heat well, I couldn't get out for few weeks...it would make me nauseated and dizzy.
I literally did crazy walking through house. Down one hall, into bedroom around and about. The bike wouldn't been nice I'm guessing but no resistance and not for long. Just walking...marching in place a tad...a few gentle leg raises and mild stretching.
I'm praying weather let's up for you so maybe you can at least get out some too walk.
Maybe you'll be up to that shopping journey for shoes soon...that's alot of walking ...parking lot to store, etc.
Don't forget your ice, dear Berber!
Hope you are OK !
 
Drove 1.5 hours to shop today. Three stores, none for shoes! Christmas exchanges, done! Christmas money spent! Daughter hates to shoe shop with me, so that will have to wait!! Did get to eat churros! Had to find in Vermont!!
 
Super bionic Berber! We have this...rest and ice.
It will get easier and you will get stronger...then, look out:chuckmarch:
 
Well no more bike for me! Muscles are not happy after any bike time!
 
Atta Girl!
You're body speaks, you listen!
You know the drill. Ice and rest.
Best wishes it's short lived! @Berber7227
 
So sorry to hear that - I guess it's another example of different people and different approaches. In the first few days after surgery, it was the thing that helped me second most (second only to ice). It's not like you need it to keep active, though!
 
I am so discouraged! I don't think I will ever walk again without support and pain. Waste of time and money!
 
Oh Berber, Yes you will!
Now let's think this through. Last Friday, just five days ago, you were feeling great....remember?
You mentioned you were 7 weeks post op and said you were feeling human again.

Seven weeks is early into the healing process in the whole scheme of things, especially bi-lateral recovery. I understand we're not supposed to compare our recoveries for many reasons but I'm willing to bet if you go through threads, Irish Joe, Mojo, Gretel to name a few that you wouldn't feel as frustrated. You will continue to have good days and not so good days this early on depending on activity and whether you're getting adequate sleep. I believe we all experience this.

You also engaged in a lot of activity over the past few days. Driving 3 hrs (?) round trip in a car, was it yesterday? Then walking around shopping for hours with your daughter only to come home and use an exercise bike for the first time in a while. It's not surprising you're sore or discouraged.
By golly, woman, I think you've entered the dreaded ODIC.
Try getting some rest while icing and elevating. Then take the bike extra slow when you begin again.
I'll bet tomorrow looks brighter....
Warm wishes for your comfort and a long cozy winter nap!
@Berber7227
 
Last edited:
Agree with everything @Layla stated.
2 months post op I didn't even look at a bike.
This is a slow and frustrating process and one that I believe needs to be taken slowly.
Don't forget you had one major operation AND immediately after that another one.
That's what it boils down to.
Berber you really are doing great.
I think you might have a bit of this.

[URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/']Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it[URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/myth-busting-on-getting-addicted-to-pain-meds.6894/']
[/URL][/URL]
[URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/']And Don't forget this.

BIG TIP:
Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
[URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/'][URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/']

You will walk again without pain.
Promise.
Joe.....
[URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/'][URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/'][URL='https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/'][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
 
Last edited:
Don’t worry you are ready for bike yet @Berber7227. You are sore, so like Layla said, you have been doing a lot. Easy stages, you won’t get it back overnight. Look back at your thread at how far you have come. You are almost at two month mark from major surgery on both hips. Just try to breath.
 
Don't you dare give up on being well...because you've been sneaking around trying to push this recovery thing!
It's not a lube and go deal.
You have to just give things time and quit pushing yourself.
I know you will be very happy you did this. No competition here and I was probably at least 4 months post op before I could try many of those things.
You are part of an exclusive club...and I know you can do this.
:friends:
 
I am so discouraged! I don't think I will ever walk again without support and pain. Waste of time and money!
Oh Berber I feel your pain! I’m concentrating on that I can sleep pretty well and sit comfortably. I have to believe one day I will walk well again but some days it’s hard to envision. Virtual hugs headed your way! :console2:
 
The ups and downs are getting to me. One day shopping with daughter no problem. A few days later in a wheelchair. I feel like one step forward, ten steps back! I have no idea how I am going to be able to go back to work!
 
Aren’t you about a month from having to go back @Berber7227? Lots of healing can take place in that time. You remind me of myself- when I felt better I would try to pick up at pre-hip issue levels way too quickly. Remember, we often find out we overdid afterwards and not while we are engaging in activity. You have got this! Just let your body and not your brain guide you. Hope you get some relief today my friend.

Ginny
 
A month ago I was walking unaided, very little pain.
 
Back
Top Bottom