TKR The Knees and Me - staged

I'm so glad you're no longer nauseous @rubyyarn! I can't handle morphine either; ugh! What good news on going home tomorrow! :yes!:
 
Home is the best place to recover. So glad to hear you're off the morphine, since that was making you feel so bad. Things will be much better now!
 
You DID IT! Yay! You are on the other side. Here's to some good recovery days to help with the bad ones!
 
Things were a bit rough today. nursing staff was short handed so I kept getting behind on pain meds. Ugh! For PT I managed to walk 120 feet. My flex was 62 degrees. and the knee hurts! The nurse said that's what happens, that one knee will give more trouble than the other. Where have I heard that before?

Anyway, this hospital stay is almost done :egypdance:
 
Sounds like it will be really good to get home where you can be sure to stay ahead of the pain and set your own pace for activity.
 
@rubyyarn take good care when you get home to take your Meds on schedule to get ahead of that pain and stay ahead of it. Home is a more comfortable place to do things at your own pace!
 
@rubyyarn, you're a glass half full kinda girl, so if you say it hurts, IT HURTS!!! Isn't it odd how each TKR can be so very different? I hope once you are home and in control of ...well...everything, the pain will be a bit less. I'm sure it will be and DH will wait on you hand and foot.....not hard to take, eh? Hang in there!
 
@Pheebs52, you are right about the pain. Things hurt so bad I couldn't think straight. The nurse asked me if I had been doing the exercises. I said not much. She said if I didn't do them, the stiffness would just get worse.

Then I remembered so many in here saying that new knees liked to move...so I did the exercises. And they worked! The knee feels much better now and the painkillers are actually working :egypdance:
 
@rubyyarn, Kneerah! Yes, they do like to move, but only a little bit right now, eh? I'm so glad your painkillers are working; phew! It's amazing how quickly pain can turn a brain to mush, isn't it?
 
Home now and do the knees ever hurt! Yes, including the right one. I think she got cranky from being forced to lay up in the bed for two days. So here I am doing all kinds of contortions to get into the van. The 'good' leg is sore and the new one is like cast in bronze. I still hear the discharge lady saying "Be sure to move that or it will freeze that way!" Didn't our mothers used to say that about making faces?

For the life of me I can't remember what I did last time, so I'm re-reading the Guidelines. Whew! Rest, ice, and elevate. And don't worry. That last one is tough today. So I popped a Percocet in defiance of advice to 'wait for pain to start' and wrapped my knee in ice bags. Chillin' now... :ice:
 
I can't believe they were saying wait for the pain to start before you take the pain Meds. My Dr said stay ahead of the pain because if the pain starts you have a hard time catching up with medications. I was advised in hospital and on this forum to take them on schedule. Wishing you a decent night tonight!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom