Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping the gun a bit or cant you wait to see what a year brings,looks like i might be having other knee done this year.
 
Oh Rick! we should have a special category for returnees having the other leg done! Jamie goes in for her other knee tomorrow and once she back on duty here, I shall be next in the queue!
 
Oh Rick! we should have a special category for returnees having the other leg done! Jamie goes in for her other knee tomorrow and once she back on duty here, I shall be next in the queue!
Hi do not forget we are here for you hope you both know this.
 
Neil have a good day are you doing anything for 1 year ,bike ride or walk i would say also a good meal after either but i know you are trying and winning to drop some weight i am not winning that part myself good luck to you .Swimming for me today raining again here and cant see bottom of hill in fog .
 
I hope to ride my age tomorrow, or at least longer than 25 miles. Chris and another friend will be joining me.
 
My surgery was on a Thursday, so I marked the anniversary on a Thursday. I observed the milestone by not doing anything out of the ordinary. Because being ordinary, living without chronic knee pain, was celebration enough.
 
Happy one year anniversary Neil, enjoy your day kiddo! :thumb:

I do. I have hiking and riding back in my life. That's what this was about. Climbing stairs, as suggested by my doctor, was merely a bonus. I have hope now I can get back to 2007 and 2008, when I was riding thousands of miles a year. This photo is spring of 2009, as my knees began to worsen. My weight began to creep back up as I found more discomfort in riding and hiking.



My low weight, 240 pounds, middle of 2007. How many middle aged men can say they weighed less than they did when they graduated high school? I know now that I have working joints I can get back there.
 
I conked out by mile 28 of the ride into Philly, and needed to get picked up. I'm very disappointed.
 
Don't be. 28 miles is a bloody long ride, well done. There's the next one to prepare for, too.
 
28 miles is 28 miles to be VERY proud of i know a lot of people with there original knees who conk out before this figure,do not tell her but my wife is one. GOOD LUCK to you
 
I didn't just conk out. I was having trouble from the first - slow speed, not getting my right foot onto the pedal..... I had dizzy spells on the trip back and twice fell from the saddle. Third time in three rides I've had stuff like this happen. And I know it wasn't bonking, since I'd had plenty to eat and drink the day before and day of.
 
Neil, I am just catching up on your thread. I am sorry you had such a rough time last weekend. Are you feeling any better? Maybe it is just going to take a little longer than you would like to get your riding condition back. I am sure more time than you would like, but it will come!
 
Just checking up on you Neil! I have missed the photos and updates about the shenanigans that you and Chris are getting up to! Hope things are OK.
 
Sometimes it's not your day, but I bet the next one will be. Happy knee anniversary.
 
[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
Neil? We are missing you. Please drop by with a word or two for us.
 
Took me five minutes to descend this hill. The section with the tree roots was difficult for me to get my footing on and I was paralyzed with fear of falling. Chris, who was a Boy Scout before he grew fat and looked like he ate a Boy Scout, talked me through it. I need to work on planting my feet in the right places and feeling confident enough to descend.

Incidentally, I've been to this location in Warwick County Park a half dozen times and I've never gone down this slope until now.



The fat guy at the bottom of the slope, at the cascades on French Creek.
 
During the snow last weekend I hiked six miles with Chris at Tyler State Park. Turn around was the Schofield Covered Bridge.
 
Neil, Sounds like you are doing well, hiked 6 miles, that is great! Yes, that slope would be scary, downhill is definitely harder on the knees than up. And LOL! Chris "looked like he ate a Boy Scout.". Funny man!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom