Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi no you have nothing to prove you are walking more than some of my friends with there original knees.I just wish i could get out on my bike or go for walks it is still cold and snow here Easter caravan meets all cancelled fields to soggy.Hope we get some sun soon.
 
:iagree: If one sport/recreation/hobby suits you best, that's the one. Nobody here - I hope - is making value judgments.
 
No value judgement from me. It was more that Neil had wrote so much about how he and Chris were going to do this ride together and how much he was looking forawrd to it, and it just seemed sad to me if he was not going to participate in a ride that seems to have meant a lot to him over the years. That was all.
 
Historian: I thought I recognized you - I used to follow some of your posts on the bike forum. I am glad you are able to enjoy hiking again. I find that I will have to get my other knee done before I can enjoy hiking but will try to bike again this summer though I was never in your league of many many miles. I did mainly old railroad bed trails so no traffic and much nature to enjoy along the way including deer running across the path.
 
Roy Gardiner Since I was the only one who had commented so far, I figured I would just clarify what I had meant in my post. I did not take your post as "popping" at me (love that, must be another Britishism) :)
 
More photos from the weekend. Red Bank, NJ, on the river....



Comic book store owned by film director Kevin Smith.



Reading's Pagoda.



Silver Lake County Park.
 
First of all, no one here has posted anything the slightest bit critical of my decision. Thanks, friends.

But as I've had to explain to my more able friends, my knees were a problem, but they weren't the biggest or worse. My back, and most of all my defective sense of balance, are worse troubles. I've never felt comfortable on a bike. No need to force myself on one. From the reaction of some of my cyclist friends, I'm SUPPOSED to. The fact some people assume I HAVE to ride justifies my decision IMO.

Will I ride again at some point? Who knows? But in the meantime I'm going to enjoy myself and not open my wallet to repair or upgrade gear so I can be uncomfortable and make other people feel good.
 
Going to Hawk Mountain on Sunday. I've never reached the North Overlook due to the condition of my knees and the rough condition of the trail. I'm going to reach it on Sunday. Its not long, but like many PA hiking trails its rocks and rocks and rocks..... where boots go to die.
 
Brother, if you never pedal again its fine. You have a newfound love that will sustain you. Doing what works for you is all that matters.
 
Yes, I only skied 70 days this year instead of my normal 100---I found that working in my studio was calling my name again. Now, I can stand for hours on end in the studio and no leg pain!!
 
Good luck to you at week end walk,i was going into derbyshire with caravan but cancelled again due to snow on field it is that cold here snow will not melt.I am beginging to get withdrawl symptoms no biking not much walking good job baths are open so can go swimming.
 
Down another pound, to 316. It would have been more but I couldn't stay away from the chocolate bunnies.
 
Yes, I only skied 70 days this year instead of my normal 100---I found that working in my studio was calling my name again. Now, I can stand for hours on end in the studio and no leg pain!!

I have skiing on my list of activities to learn this winter. Hopefully my cold sensitivity will be less by then.
 
Me at the South Lookout at Hawk Mountain. North Lookout is a mile further to the left, looking down the ridge instead of across it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
Now I know why I didn't get a chocolate bunny this year-----you got mine, too!!! Great view---as always, love the pic!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom