Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW I love your photos and you always capture the fun of it too!!! Looks like you were having a great time. Just love Pennsylvania..I've never been!
 
Wow, you guys are doing great! Congratulations...shows you can have the fun of eating out without crashing the whole diet if you use your head.

It was Chris' idea. I'd never eaten at The Olive Garden before. Nice place.

I picked up the flu over the past two days. While I'm getting over it, its given me the side benefit of more weight loss. I'm now down an even 20 pounds.
 
What I love the most about what you are doing is that you get out there and hike or ride in the winter. I have such a fair weather mindset, if it isn't within a 5 degree range with perfect humidity, I feel justified to make excuses! Good for you! And 20 pounds, that's great, aside from the flu! I've lost 13.5 since Christmas night.
 
What I love the most about what you are doing is that you get out there and hike or ride in the winter. I have such a fair weather mindset, if it isn't within a 5 degree range with perfect humidity, I feel justified to make excuses! Good for you! And 20 pounds, that's great, aside from the flu! I've lost 13.5 since Christmas night.

Congratulations, Janet2012!

I have to admit it helps to have friends that get you out in the cold weather.
 
So far this week i have swam 80 lengths of pool cycled 20 miles on exercise bike walked 5 mile this is from Sunday today Wednesday loss 0 and since xmas 2lb,you are both amazing.I am getting more frustrated about weight loss than i was about tkr,think i will join a gym or weight watchers.
 
...spent two hours at the gym. I still don't know what I should do for lower body work, so I did upper and cardio. I was stiff but no pain the next day.
Goodness with all you are doing I'm not sure you need to worry. The bike will take care of lower body, and cardio too.
So far this week i have swam 80 lengths of pool cycled 20 miles on exercise bike walked 5 mile this is from Sunday today Wednesday loss 0 and since xmas 2lb,....I am getting more frustrated about weight loss than i was about tkr,think i will join a gym or weight watchers.
You may be gaining muscle and losing fat?
 
Neil, Sounds like you and Chris are doing great! Getting lots of exercise and losing alot of weight. I love being outside too, just wish my body was up to hiking, but not yet.
 
21 pounds down. Chris is at 30. Its now a race to see if I can get below 300 before Chris gets below 400. Respective weights are 323 and 425.

Still fighting off the cold/flu at moment. Still planning on hiking, gym, and bowling Saturday and a hike Sunday.

Oh, and I have no knee pain. None. Not a moment. Is this how people are meant to live?
 
Saturday was what my friend Chris called a "big day." It began with a 4.3 mile hike with Chris, James, and Isaac as the temperature crept above freezing:



I found the trail a little difficult. No knee pain, but my feet have swollen and my good hiking boots are now too tight. I did feel a little 'tight' at first, and joked I'd forgotten to apply WD-40 to my knees that morning.





After the hike the four of us had the traditional lunch at Olive Garden, and then Isaac and James left us. That meant only one thing left for Chris and I.... we had to take the lane.



Since we were both cheap, we reserved the lane for two hours for a discounted price. What this meant is I and my bad back played six games. My knees were fine, my feet OK despite the lack of arch support in the shoes, but I fatigued quickly. By the time I was done I was down to using an 8 pound ball. Here's the world's worst bowler celebrating a strike.



I wound up sitting out the final event of the day, Chris and I sharing a workout at Planet Fitness. Chris remains incredible, but I gave up after 15 minutes of cardio and one set of weights. My back was killing me.
 
[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
It's always great when you have a friend to share getting fit and eating right and just having a good time with. Keeps you honest and makes it easier to stick to your plan. You two guys are awesome!!!

And the pics are fab, as usual. [Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
 
James and Isaac waiting for me to catch up. I suppose I should add tree climbing to my future efforts.




Ice covered stream in Five Mile Woods Nature Preserve. The park is an amazing pocket of nature in the middle of a developed area - US 1 borders it on the south, and a major shopping mall is a mile away.



Obviously someone was here before....
 
Took today off.... I got in late from my trip to Bucks County on Saturday, after driving through a light snow for 90 minutes. No difficulty getting around today. In my life BTKR - Before Total Knee Replacement - I'd be suffering for my activities the day before. Not a problem today. Even my back is better.

Returning to the gym tomorrow morning. I didn't get any lifting in, and I need to do that or I might get fat..... I couldn't keep a straight face when typing that phrase....
 
[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
I hate to tell you, Neil, but Chris has much better form. You may need a few lessons from him. Looks like you guys had fun and that's the main thing.
 
Chris might be behind you at cycling but not at bowling,you need to get your bionics working.Been to pool today tried new exercise kneel on tkr knee other leg straight out and fall backwards ,water supports me but some of my weight bends knee.After trying this and my swimming knee felt great when walking back down village i was halfway down hill before i realised i was walking normal not usual limp,must try again on Wednesday.No biking outside again started snowing again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom