The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Crickethip,
I have just been catching up with your thread. You will be very prepared by the time you get to your op. i was the opposite I found Bonesmart about 2 weeks before my op. I thought I would be better in 2-3 weeks after op (!) I saw Josephine writing about 8 weeks recovery and i thought "I am different. I will be quicker than that" In the event I would say at 12 -16 weeks I started to forget about the hip and new life began

Lucky is the word I used a lot.
Lucky to have the opportunity for the hip op.
Lucky to have antibiotics for incision infection,
Lucky to have a comfortable house to recover in,
Lucky I do not need the second hip to be done
Lucky to have Bonesmart in more ways than one
Even when I fell down the stairs and broke my foot I was
Lucky that I did not whack my head on a door jamb
Lucky that I was diagnosed with in 3 weeks time frame
Lucky I am not in Victorian times when the Lisfranc foot injury led to amputation
Lucky to have the support of my husband.

Best of luck with your waiting - will soon be over. Look after yourself.
 
@CricketHip, howdy! Yes, I am so enjoying 'meeting' everybody and finding the amazing answers to so many questions. We are lucky, indeed. :)
I'll be sending good vibes your way throughout the process. It's good to have a 'hippie battle buddy'. :yes:
 
@copsham
What a wonderful post.. I will refer back to it many times. Thank you.. thank you!
I am now under 2 weeks wait time!
 
@CricketHip Ooh, the serious nesting ( & stress ) time, enjoy the shopping and reorganisation as you start the final fortnight.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@CricketHip You are in the final stretch! I was told no nsaids for a week prior. Because of the blood thinning effect. And no alcohol for 2 weeks prior! I also was told no dentist visits even for cleaning for 30 days prior. Your doctor knows what's right for you. I'm just over 4 weeks and I did some light yard work today. just going around with the clippers and it was ok. I'm walking no cane no limp. I still have a spot of swelling and some twingey pains here and there. I'm working, but from home and it's sitting which I can't do for more than 90 minutes without a substantial break. The work you do I think would be more difficult to return to this early, but you will know when you get there and you quickly learn when you over do it. Well, I should say , 12 hours later you will know you over did it! I'm now looking forward to that 6 week mark. Hope you're doing well inside your head, that's the hardest part. I can tell you are, but stay positive!
 
Thanks for the update!! @pamac , I so appreciate the details of your recovery.
Luckily I work for myself. I can easily get by in the beginning by working 30 minute sessions with large breaks in between. I also do lymph drainage which is super light and can sit for those.
But time will tell, right? At least I have had time to get my mind wrapped around it.
Have a wonderful week of healing!!
 
Hiya Clickety click. Not too long to go. I can't remember how I was pre opp as I was under the knife 5 days after my first consultation and worked like crazy those five days. I just want to say not long now for you and here's to the best of recoveries for yo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin and thank you! wowsers! You only had to wait 5 days!! I can't even imagine.
I have myself scheduled to work through Friday of this week. I figure it will help keep me sane.. sane and in pain!
The weather forecast is predicting a very lovely week of sunny skies and less humidity. Planning to be outside and fussing in the yard as much as I possibly can. It grounds me.
Thank you for your best wishes... I have enjoyed your posts and reading your quirks and quips has helped me through the wait. :yahoo:
 
Less than a week to go! As I type this I can feel myself getting all misty. The wait has seemed to be forever and the bad days are bad!
The hardest part for me and I am sure for others is going about the daily business. Unfortunately my work is fairly physical and working with compromised body mechanics hasn't been so great for my left shoulder, neck and mid back, which currently hurt enough that it is overshadowing the hip!
I stand primarily on the right leg/foot so now have plantar fasciitis in the right foot and my heel is now very painful and numb.. I truly fit the phrase "going to h*ll in a hand basket" :loll:
My goal with these posts is to return soon and tell you that I am feeling super duper fine and all of the additional assorted aches and pains are under control, too.
That will be a fine day, in my opinion.
I said that the bad days are bad.. but none have been as bad as they were before I found this forum.. knowledge brings strength and I have learned so much and have made new friends who live all around the world!
 
"Your day" will be here soon and your journey to a happy and pain-free life will amaze you! So thrilled that it's almost time. Your time!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's the home stretch! Take care of yourself this week, eat and sleep well. Make sure you get enough protein and iron-rich foods and be ready to fuel yourself post op. The 2 things post op that took me off guard were being ravenously hungry ALL the time and my emotions. I was all over the place. Was? Had a bout of the blues just yesterday and I'm over 5 weeks. You will do great! And the relief in your hip will be amazing. :happydance:
 
@CricketHip, it's as though I'm going through it with you...my tummy actually gets butterflies when I realize how close your surgery date is (my hands even start sweating)!!!! However, I just know that I know, you are going to ace this! Your super positive attitude will take you far missy! Hugs and prayers sent your way!
 
@CricketHip
Less than a week to go? Is your surgery date listed correctly? The 21st is 8 days from now (I've counted on my fingers six times to make sure...lol). I just want to make sure I'm praying for you DURING surgery too! :)
 
Not long its a funny thought one min tied up with arthritic pain next waking to the worst of all the posts here. The worst is but a v wee proportion. I'm sure you will be fine come 6 weeks you will be filling in riverdance applications. Big hugs lass
 
Hah! @Cynthia777 yes, the 21st! I count that as less than a week, somehow! Because I think of my surgery as beginning with the weekend nerves and prep.
I think I'm losing it!
@Legin I hope the irony isn't lost on you, I am a massage therapist and I specialize in corrective massage and muscle work. So I am staying pretty darn physical and by the end of each week I am completely exhausted! But I figure I'll be resting a lot soon enough. Right?
@pamac. Great advice about eating well this week. I was doing really well in that department then backslid into my fast food and diet soda addiction.
Gotta turn it around this week again!
@beachgal - hey girl! I'm so prepared and still planning on using my skorts! I love them and they are super duper comfortable
 
Physician heal thy self hey. I worked till hours before which was part of problem 30, 000 steps each shift, v poor walking method equaled probs. Your eating will sort itself out I craved oranges. Keep smiling lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom