The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know exactely where you coming from, had a fab wed to fri no knee pain no matter what I did. Go up Saturday morning and went off for a long walk and was crippled by lunch time and fit for nothing for the rest of the weekend. Was wondering if the whole thing had been a mistake and I didn't have bone on bone arthritis after and definitely didn't need a tkr.

By Saturday night was easing again, so repeated that walk the next day with the same result. And now today, again I don't have an ache. Someone up there has a very perverse sense of humour.

I think I am just so desperate for normality, that when I get anything resembling it I lose the plot completely.

You haven't too much longer to wait, I have until 12th Jan next year. Best wishes for a good surgery and speedy recovery.


:yes:
 
Ty @DeepBreath the implant and hip is fine, the associated nerve damage and CRPS are still there. Hey ho life has to go on doesn't it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks Legin! You are right about going into surgery in poor shape from overworking. I have lightened my schedule considerably, seems the more I cut back the more I need to cut back even more! Ain't that just the way??
I hope you had a good night's sleep and the blisters are calming down.
 
It really does feel that way I went years ignoring my hip pain. I carried over 70kilo packages up sevent y plus steps, I ran.around, played football, soccer to peeps across the pond. I climbed hills thousands of metres high. Then when I finally went to Dr it went downhill faster than a group of meerkats when a lion approaches. Sleep and I haven't been friends for eons so I am.really good at power naps.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Legin, power to the power naps! Love the meerkats analogy. :snork: So, would you say that your actual hip joint feels pretty good? I think you've said that most of your pain is in the lower leg and foot? When will you have a surgery date for the other hip? Yes, more questions.. :what:
 
Bright light in eyes........ Oooops that will be the sun.
The hip is grand I can kneel, go on my haunches and get up of the floor. The CRPS is calf and foot, but also nerve damage leaving numb patches and non working muscles. I have played down other hip to drs as really need to work for a while. I have been a few techniques to box away pain with the CRPS so just use it with other hip. I'm fine with most things tho can't climb hills very well, but brilliant at coming down v fast, ooooooooopsieman.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi CricketHip, I'm relatively new here and have just read your post! I am currently at the waiting stage but have no idea when they are likely to operate, have MRI booked for beginning of October! I am currently in so much pain and been back to the docs this morning, apparently I'm not taking enough painkillers!! I am also so tired and have signed myself off for the rest of the week! Sept 21 is not far away at all, I wish you all the luck in the world
Becki
X


Becki
 
Ok, this is crazy, I'm sitting here marking off days to other people's surgery dates now and hoping theirs go smoothly. Got to love this forum!

Hope the count down is going well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Widge422 thank you for your well wishes! I am so sorry that you have to play the waiting game. it gets so discouraging at times. I have been chasing my decision and choice of surgeon and then the subsequent wait time since last February and now it's here! The past 2 weeks have zipped by quickly. I will follow your progress and am rooting for a good outcome for you, too!
@AndyH99 Oh how you make me laugh! That is too cute about your calendar and it's a great idea! :loveshwr:
I hope this week is going smoothly for you and you regain a bit more freedom.
 
@Legin I so hope you can get the other hip done in a timely manner. Completely understand wanting to work a bit and recoup some of the down time.
You are so strong and I wish the very best for you.. the best! and I laughed at your bright light comment.. lol
I picture you getting the second hip taken care of and suddenly feeling better overall. Working these past few months in a compromised way has clearly taken it's toll on the rest of my bits and parts..
 
It does most of all tho on the old noggin, (head). The coming to terms with the loss of so many activities. I have had many major injuries because of sport, such as total achilies rupture, dislocated shoulder. But the arthritic thingmabob is a bigger enemy. Oh well I have my trusty cane and my mirror therapy and like the light brigade onwards and upwards.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
How are you doing @CricketHip?
I don't know about you, but I'm can't wait until surgery. I am actually looking forward to this time (there must be something wrong with me) , so that I know both are done and over. I am back to being able to do so many things around the house, that I forget I have a new hip. Unfortunately the left one lets me know. I cannot wait to be able to go for a long walk once the left is done. Stay strong until the big day!

I hope you are not stressing too much. Like I said, it's strange but I'm more anxious about just getting there and over rather than worrying about the surgery.
 
I know how you feel. I was diagnosed two years ago... But vanity and denial go a long way. Now I'm in pain 24/7. Need bilateral THR's. First one is in October. Whoever said that pain can go from zero to horrible over night is right. I was still fine a week ago. Now miserable. But hopeful that once I have recovered all will be well. That was the case with my rotator cuffs. Had them both done. That was REALLY painful. Hoping that this won't be so bad.
 
@Doodles51
Hi! I think I'm in the same place, too!
The past month has been difficult and I'm to the point where I just want to be normal again. Whatever that is!
When I think about Sunday night and Monday I get really scared. It's hard to place yourself literally in others hands, but I've done my research and homework so I just have to let it go.
I feel like I am on a farewell tour with my clients! Lots of little gifts, pep talks and offers to help.
its made my last week pretty bearable.
Best wishes to you too, Doodles! Ill be watching for your updates.
 
I'm also stopping by to send you lots of hugs and good thoughts for your big day. It's nerve wracking to wait, but once the morning of your surgery comes, you will have such peace, knowing this is right. Let all the professionals do what they do best; you go along for the ride :spin:
 
@CricketHip and @Doodles51 I am just behind you both as my date is the 28th September and feel very ready to have the surgery and to be normal again doing all those things that others take for granted.My left hip and knee have been awful this week since getting back from holiday so I am in no doubt that I am doing the right thing.I wish you both a great recovery.
 
All of us September Sapphires have got this! Good luck to everyone's upcoming surgeries. @CricketHip that is so nice people are thinking of you. Do you know your surgery time yet? I won't know until the day before - which adds more stress. My surgeon wants his patients there 3 hours before surgery. That was torture. I just want to get in, knock me out and get it over with
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom