The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
@topgun
Do you have time to see your GPor your dermatologist.
Thank you for the prayers. Willbegin your prayers tonight.
It's always something! But you have time to heal. Good luck
 
@topgun, ARGH! It's always something, isn't it? Perhaps see your GP about the angry bumps. On your own, you can apply moist heat (very warm washcloth in a sandwich bag) to the infected hair to try to draw any pus out. Applying Neosporin to it will help to combat any infection.
As far as the heat bump, my research says to keep it cool and dry.
I do think it's worth a call to your doc to see what can be done.
Deep breaths...I know this is stressful. Just remember, you have time to heal. :)
 
@CricketHip @DeepBreath @Nana757
You are so appreciated as are your prayers! Called pharmacist ......ohh did i mention i picked up our cat to bring outside and she flicked me on the stomache and caused a light scratch!!!:(
Pharmacist said hibiclens......and hydrocortisone for 2 days snd alternate mid day.....cleanse bumps with distilled water and apply neosporin......tylenol pm.
she then said after 2 full days anslyze and go to derm. And get them to treat with high powered stuff for 3-4 days and should be healed up........i have 1 week from tommorrow! I am taking good multivitamin and prayer.......If I only had michael jackson's hyperbaric chsmber:loll:Thank u for prayers this week. ALL PRAUSE to the good Lord. Night folks.
 
That sounds like sound advice, @topgun. I'm glad she could give you a good plan of action. That has to ease your mind some. Of course kitty decided to 'brand' you a bit! :)

If it makes you feel any better, I have developed a huge pimple right below my nose that closely resembles a third eye over the past 24 hours. I have been very good about leaving it alone and just dousing it with some rubbing alcohol.
How nifty to be 48 and getting a breakout right at the 11th hour on surgery day! :wink:
 
Just keep any wounds or scrapes very clean and dry. Seven days should do the trick.
 
Just joined and found this thread - wow! kinda feel like what I am experiencing is normal. On those good days my mind starts to go to "wonder what I can do to sustain this and put off surgery even longer". On those bad days it is how in the world will I make it further. I haven't scheduled surgery, my goal is to wait till summer of 2016. Right now doing a reality check with no pain relievers for almost a week.
 
@CHD2015 welcome to BoneSmart. Why don't you start your own thread in this area and tell us a bit about your story. Even if you are not yet considering surgery our members will welcome you and may indeed give you some insight into this journey.
 
Just joined and found this thread - wow! kinda feel like what I am experiencing is normal. On those good days my mind starts to go to "wonder what I can do to sustain this and put off surgery even longer". On those bad days it is how in the world will I make it further. I haven't scheduled surgery, my goal is to wait till summer of 2016. Right now doing a reality check with no pain relievers for almost a week.

Hello! @CHD2015 !!
I am so glad that you found my pre op thread and can relate to it. I hope it helps others as they worry and wait for their big day. It's too much for a person not going through it to understand and posting on here helped me keep my sense of humor and maybe a smidgeon of my sanity!!
Today is Day 5 of having my shiny new hip and I feel so grateful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom