TKR The beginning, July 20th 2015

I hurt. Everything hurts. I'm in tears. My knee. My neck. My head. I'm not okay tonight. It's causing depression. I'm tempted to go to ER. I am barely able to move. I'm sorry. I sound like such a baby. But this is unreal. I hope the doctor listens tomorrow. To much PT yesterday.
 
Depression is part of this recovery that's for sure, but you've let your pain get ahead of you and when that happens it can take a while to get it under control. Sounds to me as if you are very tense (possibly caused by pain) but that will effect your back, neck, etc. Ice and elevate that knee through the night. Your knee is telling you that you've pushed it too far. Take whatever meds you're prescribed and set your alarm for the next dose. You need to get ahead of the pain.
 
I'm trying. I have my leg up and iced. I get four a day. I'm down to one. Keeping that one for middle of night. Pain is out of control. Can't seem to get it under control. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll take a sleeping pill. Unfortunately they make me wobbly and I'm afraid of falling.
 
@twright100 - I'm no expert, but it sounds like you don't have the right medication to control your pain. If it were me, I would find a doctor who understood pain management and get the right help. Sorry your are having such a hard time.
 
If you are in this much pain perhaps canceling PT is a wise idea. Your knee hurts because it's swollen and PT will just aggravate it and cause more swelling.
 
What Braunzie said :iagree:. Call your PCP if your OS won't budge on the pain meds. Your PCP can prescribe something.
 
I took an extra pain pill. It's a little better. Hopefully doctor will prescribe something stronger or more. I can't keep taking extra pain pills or I'll run out.
 
Can you take a support person with you to your appointment? It helps to have someone to back up what you say.

Your pain management has not been good, so ask for a change of medication to something that will work for you - and then take that medication regularly, on schedule, as prescribed. It's always worse if you let the pain get ahead of you and you have to play catch-up.

By the way, cancel PT until your pain is properly under control.
 
I should take my husband. He's more outspoken than me. I'm a people pleaser, who doesn't know the word "NO". Been that way all my life. Like a whipped dog I just keep coming back for more. My mother is the same way. I've been trying to change that. So yes, it's a good idea I bring someone.
 
Husband won't go. Doesn't like doctors bedside manner. Looks like I'm on my own. Wish me luck.
 
I feel so guilty and pressured. My mom needs my help. Shopping, rides... I don't know if I'm ready.
 
You need to concentrate on you now. Cause you keep going like this you will be of NO us to ANY OF THEM . You gotta buck up and say no.... you need to do you. Sorry you do not have any of the support structure you need. I would call a family intervention and splain how it is!
 
Hugs to you. Tough times. We are members of the sandwich generation, taking care of the parents and the kids. Just remember how much more wonderful that sandwich will be after you refresh the filling!
 
:dead: PT and depression. How long will the depression last? I have chronic depression any way. So, I'm really struggling with it.
 
Oh that must be so difficult for you! I went through spurts of depression at various times until my MUA, and afterwards I was just ready to feel a bit more normal which didn't seem to come soon enough. Hence, the patience part in my thread title.

Just know there people here ready to listen... 'round the clock... since this is an international forum!
 
@twright100
I'm sorry your feeling depressed at the moment. It will pass, although it's horrid right now.

Please don't feel guilty because you need help and you can't help your mother at the moment. This is your time and you are the one who needs help right now. Here's an article from the library that might help:
Nurturing mother: how to let go and accept help
 
Ugh! Got mad. Im cranky. Stomped downstairs without cane. Twisted knee. Stupid! :headbang: Now I'm laying in bed with ice on my knee, hoping I didn't damage anything.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom