TKR The beginning, July 20th 2015

Patience, my husband says I have none. He's right. I want it to be over with. I rushed the ACL PT. I didn't go. Which may be why I ended up with OA so soon.
 
Oh, the pain is still there, but it's subsided quite a bit. I still can't walk very far but I'm getting there. Can't wait to start hiking again.:hiking:
 
I'm happy to report, I've taken control of MY recovery. The pain is now manageable. I talked to PT. I explained to him, that when he pushed me, my knee swelled, and the pain was uncontrollable. He is now working with me. It's 100% better. AND he didn't push it. Which I was afraid he'd do. I hate confrontation.
 
I cannot imagine being taken off all pain meds at two weeks. My surgery was in March. I finally got off Percocet 2-1/2 weeks ago, even though I was only taking a 1/2 pill at night. I take Aleve before bed at this point. Even given that, my knee can still wake me in the middle of the night like it did last night. Felt like my knee was being stabbed with a hot poker!


JanG
Right TKR 2015/03/19
 
@JG65
It's pretty manageable right now. Constantly aches and sharp stabbing pains on inside of left knee. Nothing I can really do about it. I'm back on my normal pain meds and I take ibprophen.
 
I fell coming up the stairs. Landed directly on my knee. I mean the edge of the step went in between the top and bottom part of my new knee. Besides it being sore and swollen, it looks a little red and feels warm. Can that be from falling?
 
Ouch. Certainly it could and probably is. Get some ice on that as soon as you can and let it rest. Move it gingerly. And if it doesn't feel better soon, get it checked out.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
My OS said to contact him immediately if I ever fall, and more than immediately if I fall on my knee. I hope you will at least call in, tomorrow.
 
@analysta
Well, it's swollen, bruised, sore and it feels a little warm to me. I went to PT. They were real easy on me. The head PT guy checked it out. If it gets worse, I need to go to ER. If by Friday it's not any better I need to get into see my orthopedic doctor.
 
:wowspring:I took a three mile hike on
an intermediate trail. Took it slow. Watched every step I took. Used my walking stick. Loved it! Unfortunately it did stiffen and swell some. I elevated it and iced it. Back to normal today. Still aches everyday, but it's also getting better everyday.
 
Okay, I want to get my teeth cleaned. Do I need to get antibiotics for that? They said anything invasive I need antibiotics for. I also got my ears pierced. My husband said that's invasive and I should have called doctor for antibiotics. I'm confused.
 
If your OS says you should have antibiotics then call for some before your cleaning. Mine says he knows that dentists say you don't need them for routine teeth cleaning, but wants me to take them due to my RA. So I get a prescription to keep on hand that lasts me for a couple of cleanings/procedures.
You are probably fine even though you didn't take any for the ear piercing.

How's the knee?
 
@kneeper
Well, I'm hiking two - three miles a week on easy trails. Haven't got the guts to do the advanced yet. After every hike it still swells and aches. Still feel it when I go up and down stairs. Days I'm on my feet most the days, I have to ice it. You'd think almost 4 months out this all would be over.
 
I'm right there with you. Although not hiking!! I even stopped in to discuss swelling with the OS PA who said its perfectly normal and will last 6 mon - a year! It is what it is. :good-bad: And the roller coaster ride continues!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom