TKR The beginning, July 20th 2015

You're still healing at 4 months, for sure. How bad does it get after hikes? If it protests more than an hour, you might want to scale back the distance a bit.
 
@kneeper
Yes, it does hurt for over an hour. I don't realize how far I've walked until it starts aching. It still aches a lot anyway. Still swells a lot. Par for the course I geuss.
 
Yeah, it takes a while before you can do activity without paying for it a bit. I found that I had to sort of time myself and stop sooner than I thought I really had to. Then I could walk/exercise without paying for it much. Then I gradually added in minutes week by week. That was at around 3-5 months.
 
@kneeper
I'm impatient. Hiking was a big part of my life. My knee is a bit sore right now. I was sitting on the floor cross legged for hours doing all my moms bills and paper work. Went to stand up and can you say ouch. I'm laying down with ice on it now.
 
Wow--crosslegged? :friends: Don't worry, once you're more recovered you'll be hiking and not even thinking about your knee. For now, keep working on the patience. :chillpill: :wink:
 
Okay, I'm running 101.8 fever. My knee isn't red and swollen, but doctor impressed upon me about infections. I ache and have the chills. Do I call the doctor? I'm just thinking it's a 24 hour bug.
 
I would probably call my doctor or I have used a walkin clinic that's open 7 days a week whenever I feel that way. I hope your feeling better soon and it's just a 24 hour thing.
 
Considering the knee isn't red, hot or seeping it may just be the flu. When my infection started I had a fever of 102, aches, chills and the knee started seeping a day later. Not sure what a walk in clinic could do as I think it would take a culture to see if the knee is the problem. I had a weird flu yesterday, so tis the season. Have you been in contact with anyone who had the flu?
 
@newlybionic

I'm just worried it has something to do with my knee. I carry MRSA. I may call the doctor on call. I mean I have to take antibiotics to get my teeth clean.

@KarriB
Well, my sons girlfriend has been puking on and off for three months. She isn't running a fever,I don't think, but she's aching.
 
I hope it has nothing to do with your knee and you're feeling better soon. I just thought that if it was the flu you could get a medicine that shortens it. One of my daughters has had MRSA before and I know that he told me that she would be more prone to get it again too.
 
If I was carrying MRSA I'd call the dr, too. After my infection I had to go off all antibiotics because my body stopped making white cells. My ID said to go to an ER if I ran a fever. I didn't have a fever during that time, but I understand your concern. Do you have an infectious disease dr? If so, I'd call their offices today to get an opinion.
 
@KarriB @newlybionic

They told me to go to ER, that even an infected scratch could cause a blood infection and affect my knee. I do have a infected cat scratch. But, I decided to wait, because the fever was breaking. Now it's back to normal. Got all worked up about nothing. Probably a 24 hour bug.
 
I'm glad it was nothing, though. With MRSA you probably need to be careful.
 
@KarriB and @newlybionic
It was a 24 hour bug. Now I have another problem. I have to have a biopsy. I geuss I need to call for antibiotics on that to. He said any invasive procedure.
 
Even though I never had a MRSA infection the OS I used wants me to have antibiotics for anything invasive or any dental work. I'm also not supposed to have a dental cleaning for 6 months post op. I hope all turns out well from the biopsy.
 
I am on an antibiotic and have been for two years now. So, not sure if I need another or not for these procedures.
 
Back
Top Bottom