TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@madinana You have a great day!
Hubby paid for the no ice with a restless night - couldn't get comfortable.
I told her a while back that I was stopping babysitting in August after the grandson gets back in school. I was in the middle of doing a major remodel on the house when she had him. (new windows, siding, insulation, etc). With having to watch him everything got put on a back burner. We are trying to get the house done and sold so we can move to Oregon in a few years.
 
Hey, what size knee did everyone get? My hubby has a size 5.
 
@tiredwife I am sure its hard when ya feel good, think you skip an ice session. I am sure you wanted him to ice but am sure he learned his lesson. Hope he is doing much better today. That will be good no more babysitting in August because is that when he gets his second knee replacement. I hope you don't get too tired out today am thinking of you and a little :prayer:for you guys. tell him I said remember :ice::tada:
 
@madinana 4 weeks this Wednesday. He even made dinner today while I watched Jacob (our grandson). He makes a good red pepper soup, Jacob had pizza rolls.
 
@tiredwife do you have a shower chair and if do what kind. I wondering if need one as that is the only thing I don't have besides walker What ya think
 
@madinana I would recommend something to sit on in the shower, you will be very weak. A weak person and a wet tub is a fall waiting to happen. I bought a chair at Walgreens that has a back on it so he could lean back on it. Can't remember the brand. You may not need it for long, but it is important. Like I said a few people said they used one of those cheap lawn chairs (as long at it fits and is stable that would be fine.)
 
Hubby suprized himself today, halfway down the stairs he realized he was walking down them normal like a "big boy". :wow: He has his first outpatient (not at home) therapy tomorrow morning. :upright:Not going to let them cause him any pain.
 
Ha you go girl, make sure they don't . That is awesome about your hubby, great job. Hope therapy goes well and not painful
 
Well, had PT today. More to get to know what he can do, and teach him a couple of new exercizes. She was impressed with his walking and his muscle strength. She was very impressed with his stair walking. He gained 5 degrees with his flex, but wasn't as good with his extention (at an 8 again). She measured first thing so he was still stiff from the ride there. She said that he had nothing to worry about and she said she can see he is going to do great. She is like a tiny little chearleader, all happy and encouraging. She said she disagrees with the 'no pain no gain' PTs. After that and going to Walmart for a few things, his pain level was only a 2.
 
@tiredwife so at PT she believe pain then gain. I don't understand what flex is and extention, maybe I can find something in the library. I broke down and ordered a walker on Amazon, which was over half the price our medical store wanted. First some say its covered and hospital class says it is not, so since I could not find any second hand one I figured I have it and will have it for my next knee operation.
 
@madinana No the PT did not believe in pain to get gain. She doesn't like to push people because then they swell and don't do good. A very gentle person. Sorry if I didn't make myself understood, been fighting a headache since yesterday (get them with storms passing through). Make sure you can safely walk with the walker through the house. Flex is what degree you can bend your leg (ie. like 90 degree angle etc.) extention is how straight you can get your leg. 0 is perfectly straight, so at 8 he has an 8 degree angle and isn't perfectly straight. He was at a 3 before, but he was stiff from the ride. When he had his home PT he was told that there can be as much as a 5 degree difference between how different PTs measure, so who knows. Usually it is harder to get the leg straight.
 
@tiredwife go take a break and lay down and take a tyneol and relax that a order, just chill for a bit :doh: and feel better. Your hubby would say the same thing!!!!!
 
@madinana I'm in the middle of laundry, after that it will be nap time. Tylenol does nothing for me, and I quit taking asprin when it made my BP go way down (I have low bp) Usually I take nyquil and go to bed. I am getting quite a few headaches because it has been raining and storming so very much this year. Luckly with hubby wearing mostly shorts I only have 2 loads of laundry to do. Yes my hubby wants me to go lay down, but I want to get the laundry done - my two most comfortable pants are dirty.:tada:
On a different note, we ran into one of the guys my hubby works with at PT today. His TKR was done a month before my hubby's. He has a clot in his leg (had it before surgery) and his whole leg is really swollen. He can straighten his leg pretty good (which is odd) but is only at about a 90 degree bend. Everyone heals differently.
 
@tiredwife I am doing laundry too!!!! It has been raining all day and makes my RA act up and hurt all over. I see under my name it says junior member wonder what that means. Probably I am on this site too much :heehee: Hope you feel better soon
 
@madinana I think it goes by how many post you make. I think we are probably both on here too much - but such is life! :snork:
Here is a hint of a different nature - if you get a front load washer always leave the door open a bit when not in use or they develop a smell. Whooops.....the washer is beeping.
 
@kneeper Are we allowed to upload a video we took? I tried but it wouldn't let me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that's a tech question. you might post the question in the how to use the forum section "bugs, errors & techy questions." Or someone much more technologically inclined will probably come along and help you out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom