TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby's knees LTKR 4 weeks 1 day

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife

Have been keeping Up with you and hubby, sounds like he is doing great! I pulled a no ice day today, and am paying for it! I am 5 weeks post op. And have had to go back to work due to one of my employees quitting without notice. My schedule is 4 hrs on Mon, Wed, Fri, but noooo, worked 8 Mon, 5 Tues, 8 Wed and have to work all day tomorrow, I am home today just pooped! I did fall asleep last night (early morning) with ice machine on, so I did get about 3 hours,
But when I woke up, I could barely get up even with the walker! Oh so tired. I just want a 2 month leave so I can recover and it is not going to happen!
But, no worries. I find that each day God equips me with the strength I need to get thru the day!
I have yet to start outpatient PT, and am going to have to find time to do that soon, as I don't want to do anything to mess up my knee!
@madinana , I bought a shower seat at Lowe's! Does not have a back, bit it makes it easier to wash everywhere!

It comes it quite hand as it has handles on sides and my daughter uses it in the shower to shave her legs! Wow, I tried that and it is so much easier. So needless to say we will get a lot of use out of it! They also have them on Amazon, but, with shipping, mine at Lowe's was about the same amount!
@Josephine , I am still have sharp stabbing pains at the site on my knee I showed you that my OS so firmed is tendinitis ! I know. cease I am working and my knee is hanging down for hours at I time, I should not expect anything different, but was hoping you could give me some advise , I am taking my cyrocuff, not my Mr. iceman to work and do ice it a out an hour. Am I hurting my knee more by dipping this? Also on my days odd all I do is rest , ice and elevate...no ex recuses yet, wrong?


@tirewife
Please do as suggested and take a nap! My hubby has been awesome to me and he is exhausted, also,. Since I knew I was staying home today, I told him to sleep late and I'd try not to wake him up!
Well, that didn't work, Our cat, Miss Dottie [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done Went upstairs meowing for food! I guess she knew I needed the sleep too! Oh well, this too, shall pass,
Blessings to all of you! We share a long journey and I don't know what I'd do without y"all. Nobody understands the trauma, and ups and downs of 2 steps forward, one step back!

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done Yep!
 
@tirewife,

Wow! Great looking NEW knee your hubby has! Looks way better than mine! :wowspring:
 
@Quasi Hubby is doing great (except for the last 4 or so nights a tightness in his leg keeps him waking up, but not with pain) He is off the percocet, back on his declofenac, he had some tylenol last night.
I can't imagine going back to work at 5 weeks. He gets exhausted just walking around a store.
I think the reason his knee looks so good is that his doctor has a different way of sewing it closed (kind of like hiden zigzag continued stitch with only 2 stitches showing - less holes on the surface) It never puckered.
 
@tiredwife have not been on much today my knees are giving me fits and I have not had surgery yet :snork: Hope you are feeling better today
 
@madinana my hubby was in so much pain before surgery it was painful to watch him walk. He didn't care if the surgery took all the pain away, he just wanted it to be tolerable. His new knee is already that way, now he just needs to get the other one done.
You have that to look forward to too.
I'm doing okay, a twinge of the headache is still here, but it isn't too bad.
 
@tiredwife We did not talk much today I miss the tips Have a nice evening and hope hubby aches let up Talk to you tomorrow am off to bed and take something for my knees
 
Just got back from his first real PT. 45 minutes. First they had him do the bike for 7 minutes:upright:Then he had his feet on a wedge and leaned into the wall (which he says smelt like stale beer). Then he went to the steps and used them to straighten and bend the knee, and then he did a few step up step downs. Parallel bar for balancing (he got a little pinch in his knee so the therapist worked the knee and got the pinch out) All in all, he worked up a sweat. He said his pain level didn't get over a 3 (except for the pinch):happydance:
 
Wonderful. Except for the stale beer part. :heehee: makes you wonder--post work parties? --beer therapy? :cheers:
 
@kneeper LOL I was thinking that other people getting therapy after drinking and burping on the wall, think I will bring a clorox wipe next time. :cheers::gaah:
 
Yuk......stale beer. Where I had PT they had a full time cleaner. There were signs on the mat beds that they would flip over for clean or dirty & someone would be wiping them & the machines down as soon as you got off. Even when we would set up hurdles to march over then do some stretching & go back to the hurdles they would be put away & we would have to set them back up. Nice scar on your hubby. Doc did a great job.
 
@ironman60 His therapy is at the hospital, so they probably just clean once a day. His surgeon is very proud of his sewing ability. The stitch is zigzagged under the skin with only 2 visable stitches. No puckering from staples. Really his surgeon is kind of new at knee replacement, he was into sports medicine for a long time, but he is very picky and careful (his buisness partner who has done replacements for at least 30 years was in there too).

@madinana the muscle tightness is still haunting him at night. The PT told him to drink more water and he tried a flexoril last night, it helped some. Think he got about 5 hours sleep in bed last night.

Oh, he has a hint for everyone. Recliners with the lever on the side are the best to use while recooping from TKR. The kind with the pull ring on the inside, that you have to kick the foot rest in, (like ours) is a pain in the butt (uh....in the knee).
 
@tiredwife I read somewhere on here about staying hydrated but don't remember where. I hope he has a better day. I am off to pull weeds out of flower bed such fun, big bomb fire tognite, Somewhere in There I have to clean house:scare:
 
@madinana He was drinking a lot of v8 and that was dehydrating him I guess, so now it is fruit juice and water.
I just got back in from pulling some weeds, but my allergies got the better of me, so I didn't get much done. Have fun at your fire tonight.
 
@tiredwife how did he do, did it work out okay!!!!! :wowspring::yes!: I am sneaking a little computer time, hubby is startign the fire :roseshwr:
 
@madinana No problems at all he had a LTKR so it's not his driving leg. Glad you got in a little computer time:wave:Enjoy your fire.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom