TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tired wife make it an easy day and take a nap, I am gonna today :sleep: and right now gonna make a cup of coffee. I hope Steve feels better and you too. Is he taking pain pill at night :sick: Have a good day and both of you get some :elevate: sending :angel: that he has a better day
 
@madinana He is fine during the day, it is a tightness at night (not pain) that keeps him awake. Percocet wasn't doing anything for it, tylenol does nothing for it, ice does nothing, flexaril does nothing, zzquil (like nyquil) doesn't help, the only thing that helps is if I rub the muscle, but that only helps for a little while. We will figure it out.
 
@madinana I think as long as he keeps it on his thigh it should be okay. We will try a heating pad tonight before he goes to bed.
 
@tiredwife who has bronchitis you or hubby. It is not good having that :elevate: and plenty of fluids. If I was near bring you some home made chicken soup, at least it is the thought :console2: and sending :friends:your way
 
@madinana it's me not hubby. Knew something was coming because I've been feeling crappy. It's rough because I have asthma so I'm glad I caught it early. I'm drinking plenty, and hopefully we will both get sleep tonight. Homemade chicken soup sounds really good!
Hope your knees are feeling better!?:console2:
 
@tiredwife thinking of you guys hope you both get a good night sleep. I was working out pulling weeds out in flower garden and my nose has been :shrug: running ever since, hope its not a cold. My knees are being a pill I am going to do a little more reading in recovery and going to bed:dubious:
 
@madinana Goooooood morning!:SUNsmile: I actually got some sleep last night, and feel better today (I took an extra allergy pill). Sounds like you may need an allergy pill too.
Steve wasn't bothered by his muscle tightness last night, but for some reason it took him a long time to fall asleep. What he did is 2 percocet, 1 flexeril, zzzquil, exercises a couple of hours before bed, heating pad for about a half hour before bed and then I massaged the thigh muscle when he was in bed. We will repeat this for a couple of nights and see if it helps.
Anyway, hope you have a great pain free day!:dancy:
 
@tiredwife I am so glad that you both got a good night sleep :yes!::yay: it just made me want to :happydance:I am glad the heat helped. Just tell him not to go dancing today :egypdance::rotfl: My knees are getting the I think you hubby called them bee stings. I am not doing anything today. I had done a good cleaning on Saturday. So supper cooking in slow cooker easy peasy.So can do what I want :type: and :sneaker:So have an awesome day
 
For some reason my previous post didn't post until just now!:shrug:We are back from PT. His pain went up a little - from a 2 to a 3, but I had tylenol with me. He is icing it now. They introduced a few new exercises to him. The ones they always do are the bike, working on the stairs, leaning against the smelly wall :sick:, and balancing.
 
If you ask me they need to clean that wall :eeeuw: I think it (the smell ) would be from people sweating and the germs :gaah:For some reason can't keep my eyes open :scratch:gonna go get couple :sleep: will be back later
 
@tiredwife I keep thinking about the smelly wall, he should tell them to clean their stinky wall. Hope you are feeling better. Its is hotter than hot, :rofsign:I would like to sit in a tub of cold water :bath: but would not be able to get up much less sit down:yikes:
 
@madinana I meant to take a clorox wipe for the wall, but forgot. Other than coughing I feel pretty good, at least it is a productive cough. This is going to be an awfully hot summer. I am a 75 or below type person - hate hot and muggy. Hubby's therapist threw his back out so no PT today. Oh well, need to go get some food in the house. We are going out for our 37th anniversary tonight!
 
@tiredwife Congraulations on your 37th Anniversary. That is quite a accomplishment :loveshwr: and here is a toast to you and hubby :cheers: It is very hot here again and muggy and we are suppose to get some nasty storms which might knock me off line errrrr So enjoy your special night :flwrysmile:
 
@madinana Thank you! We've been together most of our lives now. We had our storms last night. Lots of thunder and lightening. I think hubby is feeling really good today, he won't sit still for anything. Desided he needs to plug in the camper and run the ac for awhile. The camper is his baby, we traded in our popup for the camper a year ago. It is nice. You have a great day and stay cool:ice:
 
Well we survived our trip to buy groceries. He said the pain almost got to a 3. Luckily we shopped on base and the store is small. I'm making him elevate and ice now, I asked him how his knee is and he said "cold" . He didn't want to ice.

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
You go girl, you show him that you are a tiredwife because you take good care of him :friends:Plus he needs to rest for your aniversary dinner. :cheers2:So enjoy and tell him he will warm up after he done icing:rotfl: you can say I said it, good thing he cant get me :driver:so I am off and running:hiking: while I can in 9 days not so much :bolt::yikes: I won't be on in the morning have preadmission testing and also see my os, its getting very real :beg:
 
@madinana LOL. we settled on an anniversary lunch and a trip to autozone for new windshield wiper blades.
Hubby said even after he was scheduled he thought about cancelling, He is glad he went through with it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom