TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did warfarin for 3 weeks and then switched to aspirin. I've been on aspirin 1 week and he said to take it two more. No problems at all.
 
@tiredwife Good Morning to you and hubby. I hope he has wonderful day. They do have a thread where you can post bruise for tkr I have looked at it. I am off to dr and joint replacement class Have a good day and talk to ya later :hi:
 
@ madinana Good morning! He slept well until 3:30 and then pain started creeping in. Think he overdid it some yesterday. Right now he is asleep in the recliner. It is a roller coaster ride.
Have fun at your class. :flwrysmile:
 
For those of you going into the hospital, this is what our daughter (a nurse) brought her dad in the hospital. It was filled with candy. Anytime the nurses wanted candy they would come in and check on him. He got lots of attention.:heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Next time I go to the hospital, I will be sure to bring one of these along!
Great idea, cause after a replacement I am kinda grumpy.
 
@Pumpkln It really worked good. He had nurses checking on him all the time, and housekeeping, etc!
Everyone got a kick out of it, plus the empty bucket was handy to put all his bandages, meds, etc. in. Easier to carry out of the hospital than flowers.:ok:
 
Today is 3 weeks since my hubby's surgery. His 'bend' looks really good today, but the 'straight' isn't as good. As his PT said - it's like a tettertotter- one advances the other slows down, but that's the nature of the beast. He has been able to take his meds every 6 hours instead of every 4 hours without more pain.

We asked our 3 year old grandson today if his grandpa's knee still looked "yecky". He looked at it, thought a little and said "yep", here we thought it was looking pretty good! We have been trying to convence him that grandpa has a robot knee. He doesn't believe it.:shrug:

May everyone have a speedy recovery.
 
I hope your hubby is feeling better sending prayers your way
 
@madinana Yes, the candy works great, he must have had a nurse dropping by every 30 minutes!
He isn't feeling bad, just can't straighten as much as yesterday - that happens.:good-bad:
 
@tiredwife A happy Good Morning to you and hubby. I hope things are going well. Today I have no doctor appointments can actually stay home. I have housework to do. When gets closer to surgery I am making a Nurse Bait I think your daughter had an awesome idea. I hope it works for me!!!!! :yes!::chillpill:
 
@madinana Good morning! Kind of wish fall was here, it's a little too warm out for my taste. I am a Spring and Fall type person.:ice:

Hope the nurse bait works for you, we just had to point it out to a couple of nurses and the word got around. They
even sent us a thank you card for it!

I guess narcotic pain meds can only be given for 5 days at a time, so once again I have to call the doctor for another script, (and because his office is only open monday-friday) I have to make sure he has to have enough for the weekend.:chillpill:

Hope you have a great day, I need to run some errands.:wave:
 
We went for a little ride to go pick up his percoset. He was thrilled to get away from the house. He has a regular doctor appointment monday- follow up on his new BP. Wednesday is his first outpatient PT. I will be there to make sure they don't hurt him. (I can be scary when I need to be):tantrum2:
Hope all of you in Bonesmart world are having a good day!
 
@tiredwife you have taken such good care of him, I am sure you won't let them get to aggressive
  • :eeeuw: or they will have to deal with you:yikes: I just hope it does not tire him out.
  • :sleep: So have a nice evening my husband is talking me out to dinner so I don't have to cook :yahoo::cheers:
 
@madinana Yes - I am tough and mean - grrrrrrrrrrr!
I hope you have a good night out! For me any meal I don't have to do the dishes after is a good meal. Believe it or not we are making dinner together. He always cooked more than me, so he has been itching to get back to it.
 
He will get his extension soon enough. Got to be patient. 3 weeks is very early still. You are doing a commendable job . Oh ! extension is a straight leg and flexion is a bending knee. AKA , ROM. Range of motion. Have him elevate and ice as much as possible, helps with swelling and pain . Best wishes, Iceman
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well today for some reason hubby didn't want to ice. :shrug: Doesn't have much pain, mainly stiffness. Most of the swelling is out of it. It feels a pretty normal temp., maybe a tad warmer than his 'old knee'.

We went to a local bar-b-que place for lunch. He is so tired of being home. I think he will be glad when his PT starts Wednesday so he can get out of the house more.

On another note our daughter, who has the 3 year old I babysit, is pregnant. Don't know how we feel about it, she is 34 and chances of birth defects goes up the older you are. Supposedly our grandson is autistic (I have my doubts), if he is, there is a huge chance this one could be too. She had a lot of complications with the first pregnancy resulting with our grandson being born 5 1/2 weeks premature. And....they didn't ask me if I was willing to watch 2 children (1 wears me out) .......sorry about the off topic rant.:cry:
 
@tiredwife sometimes you have to put your foot down. I use to watch three of mine with they lived next door and it got very tiring. I will send :prayer:to you and family. My daughter had another grand child that late in life and got very sick. No problems being off topic you get to voice your concerns, and to feel better ya can go out and :yahoo:scream to relieve your concerns. I am off to church you have a great morning and afternoon I hope hubby is having another good day. :wow: no ice :ice: he must be on the up side of recovery :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom