Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife please tell your hubby so happy for him and hope he gets a. Wonderful nights sleep well both of you Will miss you next few days I did a lot of icing today and then went out to dinner with my sister and her husband before they headed back to Louisana I knew I was going to have problems the water shut off and had to go down to basement about 20 steps and it was too much. I handle the five coming into the house but that was awful so just got done icing and my poor toes are black and blue. I have my first physical therapy appointment tomorrow so wonder what will that be like. So I did not do my nightly exercises as I ache. So another ruff day for me but so happy for hubby I am going to bed early as it is storming here
 
@madinana Thank you! He is on cloud 9! I think the stairs in the house is one of the reasons he is doing so well. They are short flights (one is 6 steps, one is 7) He got a lot of exercise going up and down them to the bathroom.
Hope you had a good supper. Was the water because of the electric to the pump? Get it fixed?
First PT is usually an evaluation, measure see what you can do. Just do not overdo it. Hubby doesn't really do exercises on days he has PT or if he is really swollen.
Hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.
I always sleep better if it storms for some reason. Won't do that here until Saturday.
You get some sleep. I will try to check on you quick tomorrow.
 
@ironman60 Thank you! We are really hoping that it wasn't just a fluke! So far it is still good. All his advances have been odd sudden things. One moment nothing, next moment WOW. Like raising his leg, walking down stairs, now this! Hope it is like this in the morning. He has his pre op tomorrow for knee #2.
 
wooHoo!!! So happy for BOTH of you!! That makes me feel like my journey will get there, too!!!


Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
Congrats to your hubby! He has done extremely well. It is great reading success stories too!
 
Everybody - Thank you all! We were worried that he would get up this morning and be back the way it was, but the tightness is gone, it is just a little stiff. AND.........6 hours sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TA DA!!!!!!
 
How great to be going into knee #2 with a first knee doing so well.
 
@kneeper Yes it will! Maybe he will even get more sleep by then.

Everybody - tight band feeling still gone! Yippie, only issue today is sore thigh muscles from the eleptical. Normal work out ache. Still has that tiny area of adhesion feeling at the top of his scar. Not bad at all and goes away after a few bends and it was a little stiff when he got up.

I had more time than I thought I would today, even got some laundry done! Have to go now, but will check in if I get a chance tomorrow. Have doc appointment for Hubby for Ambien for after 2nd knee, Pt (last one for awhile), and have to watch our grandson. Everyone have a great evening and a restful night!
 
@tiredwife all I can think of when I see your name is the Oscar Myers wieners :banghead: Got to get the song out of my head I am sitting here humming it and my husband looks at me:holysheep:She has gone over the edge :yikes:
 
@madinana I kind of remember a show on tv, can't remember the name or who was in it, but there was a kid who couldn't get a song out of their head so they sat there hitting their head goint "OUT OUT OUT" I picture you doing that about now. Never fear I will save you - you are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are grey............... Now that one can get stuck in your head:rotfl:
 
I must appoligize for not getting to check in on everyone this evening. My grandson wore me out, my stupid computer keeps being sluggish and the keys are sticking. I am going to bed and will try to check on everyone after my husband's doctor appointment in the morning or before his Pt appointment or before my grandson gets dropped off. Everyone have a good night.
 
@Gingiebot Thank you! Sadly monday nights sleep was a fluke. Only slept 3 hours last night. :( But the tight band feeling is still gone. He has his last PT today until after the 2nd knee.
 
Have a quick break between his doctor's appointment he had this morning and his pt this afternoon. Hubby is 8 weeks post today. Doc had no problem giving him ambien for after his 2nd kneee so he can sleep before he returns to work. He did caution him about it causing sleep walking (no problem because at night hubby is tethered to a cpap machine) and it can cause his sleep apnea to worsen so we will try a half dose when he is off the narcotics from knee 2. I think we figured out his lack of sleep last night was because his thigh muscles in both legs hurt so bad from the eleptical machine he did monday. I will have him take a flexeril before bed tonight. The tight band feeling is still gone, he just gets stiffness but we know that is normal. I only got about 4 hours sleep so I am going to try to get in a quick nap before his pt this afternoon. After that we won't have much time before we watch our grandson. Everyone have a great day, and if I don't get back on today I will check on you in the morning.
 
Okay 8 week photo, sorry it is fuzzy. Last pt til after 2nd knee. extension at 1 flex at 122.

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife I can't believe this another thing have alike is am also on Cpac machine and I take 10 milligrams of ambien so I think hubby will be okay I don't sleep walk or anything
 
@madinana Doc is starting him on 5mg just to be safe. He has been on the cpap for years now. If he ever lost all he wants to he might be able to come off it, but that is years from now. I am gratiful the machines are so small now. My uncle has one of the original on wheels and is so loud you can hear is a couple houses away. He finally replaced it with a small one because his wife got tired of listening to it and wouldn't sleep with him:heehee::heehee:
 
Well, everyone we have survived our two very busy days. Our house is a mess but who will know 100 years from now! I am sleeping in tomorrow until I can't stand to be in bed anymore! I hope everyone has a great evening and gets some much needed sleep too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom