TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Hubby slept 6 hours last night!! The tight band feeling is still gone. He has muscle pain from his PT yesterday, but is doing great otherwise. No more PT til after 2nd knee, but he will continue exercises on his own. Hope he doesn't loose any ROM. He is using ice so much one of our gel packs is leaking. Good thing we have so many. Hope everyone has a great day.
 
You can never have too many gel packs. :) Sounds like he's doing so well now that just doing exercises at home will keep his ROM in good shape.
 
@kneeper I hope so! I think our stairs are a good work out. TV in basement, bathrooms on top floor. Short flights though (7 steps on one, 6 on the other). You have a great day
 
Grandson will be here shortly, so won't be back on til he falls asleep or goes home (11:30ish) He always takes over my computer. So good night if I can't get back on before you turn in. May everyone have a restful night.
 
Hubby found a new way to exercise:

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana and @gr82cu2 That is the playground right behind our house (we share a fence with it). It cooled down enough to take our grandson (in the photo) there. Hubby got quite a workout and ended up icing and elevating when we got home. Amazing how tired you get keeping up with a 3 year old! Oh, grandson was so funny telling his pop pop to be careful!
 
Well hubby only slept about 4 1/2 hours last night. Seems like he is bouncing back and forth. Everyone have a great day.
 
@madinana He is going to try the Ambien tonight to see if it helps. I think it is the worst thing about this recovery, leaves him feeling tired and without energy.
 
Guess he will be icing and elevating---- I so understand that :heehee:
 
@tiredwife Popping into say "hi" and I didn't realize your hubby was having his second knee done soon. I guess I didn't read the fine print. That is coming right up. How brave is he! and you are right there with him. That is wonderful!
~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith Hi! Yep, he will be 10 weeks post to the day when he gets his 2nd. He is doing great or the doctor wouldn't agree. His doctor is one of those that waits 6 months between.
 
@71Beetle Yes we are doing good. I forgot about the funnel cake, guess it will have to be lunch!! He took 1/2 an ambien and slept for 5 1/2 hours straight without waking up.
 
Happy to hear hubby got some sleep! I slept pretty well last night too! Definitely needed the Celebrex!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom