Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hopefaith It was suppose to pour but by time we got out it stopped, oh well had fun anyway.
@Daystar We both came in, turned on the tv and took a nap. I was a tired wife!
@madinana tonight he will do the ambien! I need to go make the bed in the camper so we can close it back up, maybe it will rain again soon.
 
Everybody, sorry I haven't been on much today. Have an awful headache. Night all!
 
Headache is gone! Also took the last of my antibiotics for the sinus stuff. Hubby took a whole ambien last night and slept 7 hours straight!:happydance:
 
@msmechanic58 I have porch across the front of my house, so can practice walking there when its raining I had therapy today and went in without a cane He took a double look and did my rom I think that what ya call it and it was 120 and extension was -4 and wants it at zero. He keeps pushing on my knee for extension and I told him to stop I don't think he cared for that but gets quite painful. He says I walk very well, I still use tramadol and tylenol. I still get a lot of swelling at night and depending on the day I do the ice and elevation many times Wed it will be three weeks so think I am doing okay @tiredwife so glad you both are having a good day off to eat some lunch am hungry and ice and elevate due to PT
 
@madinana Thank you! Your flex is great and don't worry about extension it will come. Don't let PT push on your knee! It will probably swell now!
 
Amazing what 7 hours sleep will do. He is full of energy today. Replaced a sensor on his truck and cleaned the carborator while he was at it. Think he only had one nap today. Ambien is wonderful!
 
I had Ambien following my hysterectomy in 2002. It was awesome! I was having a LOT of trouble sleeping through the night so I asked for some help and that's what I got. I wouldn't be the least bit sleepy, take the pill and 15 minutes later out like a light! He would only give me 10 nights worth though. But, it got me back into a normal sleep rhythm and that was great because that time I had to go back to work.
 
Hopefully your hubby will get back into his normal sleep pattern soon but then it will get disrupted again with his 2nd TKR. I'm sure, in the end, he will feel it was all worth it. I'm so in awe of how well his recovery has gone and can only wish the same for myself.

I'm a person that just has to have my sleep or I'm not worth a plug nickel. I need 7 uninterrupted hours a night at least, 8 is better and 9 is optimal for me. Although I don't remember the last time my body let me sleep much more than 7.
 
@gr82cu2 I am the same way, need 8 hours or I get grouchy. He isn't that worried about it now because he can nap, but he has to get on a schedule before he returns to work. He is doing great, main complaints is sleep and stiffness. Stiffness is something that hangs on for a long time. With PT he pushed himself just to the point between discomfort and pain. We don't allow them to touch his leg or knee except to move the knee cap, and to hold the measure thingee up to it. I always have to reign him back because he is an overdoer. I think one thing he had going for him is his legs were really strong before surgery. That seems to help some. Now his pain rarely gets over a 2, and he only takes tylenol occasionally. He has been off the narcotics a long time now. I hope your recovery is a good!
 
Morning all, hubby only got about 6 hours sleep last night with the ambien. Better than 3 or 4 I guess. Won't be on her much today because I will have the grandson. Everyone have a great day!
 
Morning all, well have a slight headache today so don't want to stare at the computer screen long. Forgive me if I don't get all the tags answered. Hubby's sleep wasn't good last night even with the ambien. about 4 hours. He is napping right now. Hope everyone has a good day!
 
Hope you feel better. I think you have the more stressful job right now. Hang on there hubby will be bionic and unstoppable in a couple months!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom