TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh reading all these posts tiredwife. I have concluded that your dh is a lucky man to have such a concerned wife. My dh is not the best at care taking, bless his heart he tries. I have a lovely caring daughter who will get things I may need before I even think it. We all feel so helpless at this time so it's nice to have someone know what we need with out asking all the time. Makes me feel guilty as I am the care giver in this family lol!! I am enjoying the progress your husbands doing, good for him!!!
 
@martyz4 We take care of each other, it all works out. He is such a nice guy even my family loves him!! LOL, Really they do! After 37 years married I know him pretty well. He overdoes it often, but he will soon learn not to. I try not to nag too much, but he is the type person who does and then thinks (as some say it is a guy thing). You have a good evening, and a good sleep.
 
Yep, sounds like ODIC with those leg presses.
 
@kneeper Yes he is an overdoer, I cringe to think what he would do if I didn't keep an eye on him.


Got the first statement from the insurance for his TKR. They have paid $37,199.18 so far, and we owe $75.00 so far. Haven't gotten the actual bills yet.
 
Taking a break from cleaning the kitchen. Darn new lights showing up all the grime! I love all my cabnets and countertops until it comes time to srub them all. Yeck! Thank goodness for a self cleaning oven! Hubby is having a hard time just sitting while I'm working. I layed down the law about him not doing anything today.
 
Desided to quit cleaning, looks a little better. I am not quite over my sinus infection so it didn't take much to tire me out.
 
Hmmmm, I wonder why I'm not getting notifications for your thread @tiredwife ? I had to come hunt you down on your thread instead of mine, LOL!! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Your kitties are gorgeous! Hopefully the heart murmur is nothing to worry about. Just reading your hubby pressing 95# makes me hurt! My legs have gotten so weak from inactivity. I hope that doesn't cause me a slow recovery. Your hubby is having an amazing recovery.
 
I think if the tables were turned my dh would be the same. Always pushes to the limit. We are married 38 years this year so about the same as you. I hope tomorrow is as good as today!! Have a wonderful night. Hope the sinus business is gone!!
 
@martyz4 Thank you. I still have the cotten in the ear feeling, but I am feeling better. You have a wonderful night too, and have a good long sleep.
 
Well, hubby was swollen going to PT today but we asked him to measure anyway. Flex 120 and a little worse on extension 4. It would have been better without the swelling, plus we have been told by several PT people that their measurement can be off as much as 5 degrees. It is because of the size of the bones they are lining up on. They straped him into a new torcher device today. Sit down they strap your leg to this machine that adds a little resistance. Don't think hubby was thrilled with it - he said it was okay! Only 3 more PT visits and then a little break before his next surgery.
 
Glad he is getting a break before surgery, his ROM will increase as the swelling decreases.
 
@Pumpkln Yes, his ROM would have been a lot better without the swelling. They don't worry much about it at PT. Out of haha's we had him measure extension on his old knee - it was a 1.
 
@tiredwife got the staples out today I have big leg again tonight and am off to ice its almost time for my meds For elevating I have a elevation pillow its like a huge triangle. I am not sleeping well at all I hope you are feeling much better will write during the night as much to tell. so no time for :sneaker:but will soon no more walker can use :old::spin:
 
@madinana I am doing a lot better! Just my ear bothering me now.
Maybe put another pillow on top of the triangle pillow. The higher the elevation the easier the swelling can drain out. Not sleeping is normal, and one of the hardest things hubby has had to deal with during this. He says, as far as a pain in the butt, not sleeping is a 9! First few weeks wasn't bad, but after that - ugh!
Great about the cane! Just watch how you walk with it, you don't want to limp. Cane goes in opposite side to the new knee. Move it forward when you move your leg with the new knee forward. Do not use it like "House" on the TV show.
 
@madinana Good Morning, the same to you! :loll::loll: We are going to try out a little cafe for breakfast this morning and stop by and visit some friends who are having a yard sale. Not much else planned.
 
We tried out a little local cafe for breakfast, very good, stuffed! Visited with our friends having a yard sale, went to the store and got some vegatation kill for the weeds and trees trying to take over our patio and parking areas. This rain has made everything grow like crazy. We did a few drive bys on yard sales, looking for a recumbant bike for hubby, and now we are home and he is elevating and icing. Nurse -Emily cat- is holding him down making sure he does't go anywhere.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ironman60 Yes, doing very well today! Hope you are good too? Hubby is still napping - couldn't sleep well last night - which frustrates him because he doesn't know why, not pain, been off the meds a long time, tried antihistamines, melatonan, etc. After his 2nd knee he will go on Ambien after he is off the percocet to try to get back to sleeping right, before returning to work. You have a great day , thanks for stopping by.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom