TKR Teri59 Pearl is her name.

The little victories are what keep up our spirits during the hard times. Early recovery is no fun at all, but it helps to take comfort in moments of discovery or joy. So glad to hear you're staying ahead of the pain! That's not always easy to do. :)

Reactions: OJ2
Congratulations on sleeping through the night Teri59! Sounds like Pearl really is a *keeper*!

@SusieShoes it is funny how we notice every little victory. Every great step small or large is noted. I do think the exercises that I did pre-op helped a lot.
@Pheebs52 I also think sleeping straight thru the night has made a big difference early on too. Yup Pearl is certainly a keeper. She has already shown that she can do more than the old age girl could.

:)@Teri59. Excellent! Two nights of sleep. :yes!: So happy to hear that you are progressing nicely and that PT is being kind to you AND that you have found the way to staying ahead of pain. You have been studious and now it's exam time. I'm sure you will pass with honors. Be kind and baby your baby knee. Hugs!
Sherry

So wonderful you are doing so well! I have my right knee scheduled for next Wednesday, September 27! I had the left done June 14.

I love it that you named your knee. I have secretly been calling my left one Lucie and my right one will be Roxie.

I hope you continue to do well and that we can compare notes during our recoveries!

Good Morning @Iloved3. I have been doing good. I slept thru the night except bathroom breaks. I did that before so it is normal. I have been working the muscles as they wake up. They are sore this morning. Extra ice I think today.
I love the names for your knees. I know you will do great Wednesday.

I had no trouble sleeping until I stopped the oxy. So I was very thankful for all the sleep I got early on, both at night and during naps.

I have been very selective when I take the oxy. I can take it every 4 hours. I have only taken it twice a day so far. I haven't really needed it more than that. The tramadol and tylenol combination is working really well. Yes being able to sleep thru the night is a big help. I know my mind set is better because of being able to sleep.

I'm crossing my fingers you continue having good sleep. A few lucky souls do! So wonderful too that your pain isn't too bad. I also found the pain, while strong, to be easily managed. I told my OS it was because my pre-op knees hurt much worse!

Much agreed @SusieShoes the pain is very manageable. It is a different kind of pain. They told my husband that the old knee was full of arthritis and lots of scare tissue and stiff. To be able to stand straight up and straighten that leg is awesome. For it to hold weight is something I haven't done in years. So one does out do the other.
I also fully believe that the pre exercises helped a lot.

I am SO glad your recovery is going well and your pain is being controlled. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I am excited about being able to get out go and do again. Love being active. I love the thoughts of doing full steam ahead again.:eyebrows::loveshwr::yes!:

@Teri59 so glad you are getting good sleep! It is so important. With Lucie, I went home on Tramadol and Tylenol. It controlled my pain quite well and I only used the Tramadol for 6 days. Pain was not as bad as I expected! Hope that is true for you, too! (And for me with Roxie)

So far so good with the tramadol and tylenol combination. That is also my hopes. That I can lower the doses.
I also hope the your up coming surgery goes as well if not better than the first.

Wow! What a fantastic journey you have started! Sleeping well, no Oxy! All I can say is wow!

@Teri59, I think you are doing the right things. It seems that those who overwork have much difficulty in sleeping. Good for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks