TKR Teri59 Pearl is her name.

First day home. Doing great. Slept all night. Got up 2 times for a bathroom break. Small amount of swelling so far this morning. PT is suppose to be here today. To evaluate and register. Few foot pumps and a few heel slides.
 
So proud of you and of your new friend Pearl! May God bless each step of your recovery. <3
 
No limp! :yes!: Isn't that great? It's such an amazing feeling, even with the post-surgical pain and not-there-yet bend to walk without a limp! Every step is like "Wow, I can do this!" To walk normally again is such a gift.

Sounds like you and Pearl make a great team! :egypdance:
 
Thanks @Pheebs52 ! Slow and steady wins this race.
@SusieShoes Yes felt weird the first time I did it. I said wow hubby said you ok. I said yup just did something I haven't done for years. Yes the not there yet bend. Walking slow trying to remember heel first the off toes.
 
Absolutely @Teri59! No matter how well you are feeling and how much Pearl is allowing you to do at this point, just remember, she's a *baby* and needs lots of naps and TLC. You will too!
 
Don't let PT hurt you! Don't even let them touch you!!
 
@Teri59, amazed that you slept all night. We heal best when asleep. Yaaay, you!
 
Day 4 after surgery and all is well this morning. I slept all night again. Felt good. Therapy people were here yesterday afternoon. Things went great. This is going to be a slow and steady to win. Walking better this morning.
Able to weight bare more. More of a normal walk. Years since I have done that. MY Pearl she is a keeper. :heehee:
 
Remember , the recovery will be like a roller coaster, some good days, some bad days. Keep your eyes set on the long term goal. And celebrate every little victory! Best wishes for a wonderful recovery.
 
Back
Top Bottom