Guest viewing is limited

THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

They would do more than that they would be ROTFL! (Rolling on the floor laughing).. i learn in fits and starts. Some times I feel really clever and sometimes really stupid when it comes to internet and computer speak. I have been really proud of my mother at 84 she was still emailing and using the internet. Unfortunatley she has lost all that with dementia. Talking of mothers I am sorry to hear your sad news. What a lot for you to deal with!
Look after yourself
Karen
 
Thanks @copsham
Having jaz for company and needing to look after her has eased the pain a tremendous amount. Our son who needs a few extra cuddles this week is snuggling upstairs with his dad while I cwtch up with jaz downstairs.
I wish our bed was enormous and I could cuddle up to both of them.
Dementia must be terribly hard to deal with. Without tough times we wouldn't recognize the good times.. Sorry, bit cheesy but absolutly true x
 
I suppose everything is hard to deal with one way or another but the amazing thing is we do all deal with it as best we can. Cheesey or not - even more amazingly things move on. Cheese and wine for you below!


Interestingly there is a dementia forum which like this one is really informative and supportive.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] teenager hip replacement after SUFE
    images.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 223
Jaz is doing amazingly well.. She's up and about on crutches and is far more mobile than I expected.
No complaints about pain whatsoever and hasn't woken up during the night for two nights now! Her heel is a bit better, possibly from being more mobile now.
Her wound looks amazing too. There's very little bruising and is healing really fast.
We've already had a row about going to the shops.. She may be feeling great but I'm not going to let her do too much too soon. It's only been 10 days.
 
Jaz is doing amazingly I am sure it helps being 15 not 64!! I suppose you will need to let her find her feet (literally) with the least potentially damaging request. Maybe if she is allowed to go to the nearest place, she will get exhausted without too much danger. Oh the joys of parenting - keeping safe but letting them learn. Must be hard for you with the added dimension of the op. It must be great though to think forward to months in the future when you can do real family things together again.

You must reward yourself for all you have been through, all the support you have given to others - some "me time" is definitely called for!!
 
there's a big hill at our nearest beach which non of us have walked up for a number of years. We are going to climb it with my dad, aunts and jaz in August.
Feels a good aim for jaz to build up to and the views are breathtaking once at the top. Sunny day, large picknic and a few bottles of bubbly will make it all the more special x
 
Please take and post some photos when you do that climb. I'd like to see they get passed on to BoneSmart's
CEO. He was very moved by Jasmine's case and I know he would appreciate seeing the "happy ending." Yours is truly a great story!!
 
Sounds a good celebration! What a relief everything going in the right direction now.
 
Hi @jasminesmom
How are you doing? I hope that "no news is good news" and that Jasmine is maintaining her steady and sure progress?

The "shark bite" scar is impressive, needs a dramatic story for friends!
 
Helloooo @copsham
Jasmine is doing so well.. She's very mobile on her crutches and hasnt had any painkiller for quite a while now.
She's smiling, laughing and making plans to get a summer job when she can walk unaided. She's an absolute joy to be around (apart from when she's bossing her little brother about)
We are looking forward to her 6 week check on the 9th April. After that I'm hopeing that she can start spreading her wings and begin her new life again.
I'm now having the odd 'sleepover' with her downstairs when she's feeling a little bit vulnerable.
She's pleased she doesn't have to take lots of painkillers and isnt waking several times during the night.

She has 'told' her father exactly what colour skateboard she wants, even though she knows it'll be a while 'till she can get on it.

She does like to 'one up' her brother at every oppertunity. He cut and bruised his back. Of course he had my full sympathy and empathy.. Jasmine gave him that look that only females have mastered, pointed to her hip and told him to MAN UP!! I gave him an extra cuddle while jokingly poking my tongue out to her.

family life is good !!
Kirsty xx
 
I can just imagine your household! And your writing style is precious and hilarious!
 
How "normal" for better and worse! You must be so relieved to have your old Jasmine back .... well done for getting to this point X
 
thanks guys !!
The welcomed laughter has returned to our home and we're all busy taking the Micky out of each other xxx.
 
What a lovely picture! And what a change since you joined BoneSmart on October 1st!
 
I know!!! I found this site at our most desperate. It hasn't been long but so much has changed for the better.

I will stay on this site forever. maybe one day I can help others who find themselves in our situation at such a young age.
Kirsty xxx
 
So happy to read how well Jasmine is recovering. Well done!
 
Back
Top Bottom