Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Well I was right one of my medicane is mess up. Well i will start the higher amont tomorrow and hope it builds up fast. It will takes a couple of weeks to take effect. Thats the way it goes. Also my Vitiams B is just above the low level. Will have to see how the other are. Well everyone take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia,

I hope that you will feel better with an adjustment to your medications!! Do you know which B vitamin you were low in? I take this supplement for B-12 or maybe you need a B Complex (combination of a few of the B vitamins). How was your vitamin D level?

Take care,
Cardie
 
@CMac , My B-12 is low, don't know about D yet. I have started taking a higher dose so it will take a couple of weeks for it to start being it up. I have been depressed for over a week. I hope and pray it does not take long to come back up. If anyone wants to send me a pray, I wouldn't turn it down. I also hurt physically. Don't know if low vitamins increase your pain. I know that I had a tooth pulled almost a month ago, so my body is still healing from that. Well the old saying "Have you been here before?" "Well you are there again." I do have a postive to report, I went for a long ride for me. And went out into the country. It was so beautiful with all the wonderful trees blooming. It was so beautiful. A good cry always seems to work. That just the way it is right now. I do hope everyone does get outside and see the beautiful blossoms. I am about ready to get plants for my patio which the first time I wanted anything there for some time. I would love to go the ocean but i don't think that is going to happen for some time. I find that my friends here understand more what I am saying then my sewing buddies here. I was able to go and pick up a new prescription for the thoride meds to help me from getting a relaspe of Cancer. So that did help me greatly. Now i will have to really focus on getting a dog. So pray for me to get a four legged friend. I have noticed that my spelling is lot better so this is also good. Now try to focus on what I must do. That is my biggest problem is to focus. I was thinking of starting a hard quilt, I think I will chance my focus and do a different one. I need to learn how to use a USB Stick. My pattern is on a CD and I need to lean how to put it on the USB. Once this is done most of the problem with the computer will done. I know I have come far with the computer but still have so far to go. But I will get there. My daughter is very good on the computer and I see her having problems with the computer so I don't feel so dume. I need the book computer for dummies, I hope it has tons of patience for me. Well I am starting to feel better with the pills on pains is taking effefts. Thank goodness I can come here and journel while I wait for it to work. Everyone do take care and enjoy the beauty that Mother Nature has brought. Tashia
 
Oh Tashia, You are not alone, I still get confused about all this new teckie stuff too. If I have a problem or a question I just google it, it's amazing what info is out there. Pleased you have fot your meds sorted, hoping you start to feel much better very soon honey :)

Prayers coming your way.

Take care

Ann.x.
 
God bless you Tashia, you are trying so hard! If your B12 and D levels are low that would explain the tiredness and brain fog. My late mother was on regular B12 injections, even talking on the phone from 200 miles away I could tell when she was due the next one as her voice sounded different. She also would muddle things up and start repeating herself. Our bodies need so many things to be in balance for us to feel and function well.
We have a wonderful 900 year old church in our village - I will say a prayer there for you, surely by this time there must be a hot-line available! It does have a wonderful sense of peace when you go in and it is amazing to think of how many generations have worshipped, celebrated or grieved there - what a minister friend calls the "hatch, match and dispatch" parts of life.
That reminds me, I must call Ivy who does the flowers - she is going to raid my little garden for greenery (myrtle and eucalyptus mainly) for the Easter flowers if the last of the snow goes!
Love and hugs
Anne
 
Tasha, Sometimes the just getting on a beach or walking in the open is what I need to keep the depression at bay. I do hope you find a great doggy friend to inspire you to get out and about.

As for computers all I wanted to do Monday was just quickly print a letter out, no such thing as quick when a computer is involved, and Im fairly computer literate.
 
puddle fish, When I first joined I had never belonged to a club or anything with the computer. Computer where great for writing term papers and thesis. But to think I would use it to commuciate was totally out of the picure till I ended up needing two compelte knees done and a hip in a 3 year period. Tv lasted with the first one, then I had to find something else. I do wish I had found this before the first one, because my recover would of been so much better if I had. I was not pain controled until after my hip. So its been great with the last knee. I have found that I have been having lot of depression with this one. I think my body had just had it. I know I needed them all done but I would of done things so difference if I been here at the beginning. I am still not the best with the computer but I am learning. It will get better. My caregiver came over today and we spent the whole day out riding around and just enjoying the weather. I wished the sun would shine but its might a storm in the clouds. Do feel better thou. Now just try to get my four legged friend and then the beach. I t will happen I just need to wait and get it done. Thanks for dropping by and I do hope you get some sea in. I love the sea so I hope it will be soon. Hope you get some sea this weekend. Tashia
 
Today was a day a beautiful day even though the sun didn't shine. I came to the conclusion that having all this done changed my life in a very postive way. Even though I am not totally pain free all the time. Most of the nights I sleep thru the nights without waking up in pain having tears in eyes. I did have hope by now to be 100 per cent totally pain free. Deep down I have to say I am disappointed in some ways but in other ways I know that my pains was caused by injuries that were perment. Of course I have to admit that more surgies are needed and each time I had surgies the pain got less and less. So with the next surgies make me pain free? I don't know but I will cross that bridge when it comes. The next problem that needs to be addressed is my left foot which could of started the whole mess. Way back in my mind I am very afraid of this surgry and yet I also know there is a solution. The recover time is long and diffucult and because part of foot I understand will be fused I will really have to fight to get to move. right now I do not have the energy or the bravery to have this done. I feel this way when the time is right God will give me the strenght to have it done. Until then I will continue on the road of recovery for the knees and hip. Some day I would love to be pain free but somehow I don't think its going to be. Part of me is very sad but life not being fair, I am more grateful that I can live by myself, walk and drive. My driving has become more of a challage because I refuse to drive while under the infulencse. So I must allow the medicane to were off to drive. I have notice that the time between not needing the medicane is still not to my approvel I have to remind myself how much my life has improved. If I had to do it all over again I would of addressed my foot more agressive but its also posible that the surgrey may not of been present and having not a good surgrey I feel its not good and is also harder on the body. I would of stayed active and would not of done much difference in my life. I look forward to a active life. i do not plan to go and live in a cocoon. So each day I get up and take on another day. Yes, there is depression and some disappointment but it is so much better than laying in bed crying in pain. I feel the medical field is coming up with more every day that will improve my life and lives of other active people. We are living longer so we do face more challenges but we will make it. I am also aware that some people didn't have active lives and also have pain they too will be able to get moving and learn the joy of getting more active. Everyone do pray for you and others for we all walk a life of pain and someday I believe we will walk pain free. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia,
You are describing exactly the way I feel. It has been over 15 months since my hip replacement and I am still in a lot of pain. I can walk, but its not pain free. Some movements are extremely painful. I am upset with the knowledge that this surgery has definitely not corrected my pain issues and since the surgery, I have added more, such as two teeth extractions, one at 8 months and one at 11 months post op, and I still have pain in my mouth. Also now I have interstitial cystitis which is horrific, as I feel urgency and burning all of the time. I am going back to the urologist to see about my medications for this horrible condition. My hip pain has increased lately, which is scary. I have been going to my doctors so frequently they are acting now as if I am mental. I rarely saw doctors before all of this and now after 15 months I now know I am destined to live a life of chronic pain.
This is hard for me and i wish i could return to my pre hip replacement health. i had bone on bone pain, three different surgeons looked at my xrays and said i needed a hip replacement. You are very brave. It is hard feeling exhausted and in pain all of the time. You are dealing with a tremendous amount and honestly, I am amazed by your constant grateful attitude and positive support that you are always giving others. I keep praying that I will one day be in a better condition and look back at this point. Spring will definitely help all of us. Take care, my friend.
 
Hi Tashia
It really is odd - when I think back, my walking problems all started quite a few years ago with my foot. I have a rigid big toe joint due to arthritis which meant I walked funny, then did a cartilage in my knee that made me limp more (and used to give way at inconvenient times until an arthroscopy) which probably all caused the hip to wear out!
The surgery to sort my foot sounded horrible, far worse than the THR, and special insoles in my shoes have made a big difference so I have refused that.
Anyway I have been thinking of you and adding you to my prayers. Keep smiling!
Anne
 
I spent some of the day trying to find more about B-12 and sadly I didn't find much. Does anyone know more about then brain being a fog. I just wish I wasn't so tired and depressed. I could focus and get things done. Does not enough B cause you to hurt more. Poppet
 
Hi Tash :) - yes mental fogginess can be a symptom of B12 deficiency...


As it Vitamin B12 is an essential water-soluble vitamin (meaning it is quickly flushed out of the body) is commonly found in a variety of foods, such as fish, shellfish, meat, eggs, and dairy products.
Vitamin B12 is frequently used in combination with other B vitamins in a vitamin B complex formulation. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in supplying essential methyl groups for protein and DNA synthesis. Vitamin B12 is bound to the protein in food. Hydrochloric acid in the stomach releases B12 from protein during digestion. Once released, B12 combines with a substance called intrinsic factor (IF) before it is absorbed into the bloodstream.
The human body has the ability to store several years' worth of vitamin B12 in the liver (if the body is being provided with the foods that contain B12), however, deficiency can result from being unable to use vitamin B12.
Muscle weakness, fatigue and lack of energy, tingling in extremities, mental fogginess, memory problems, mood swings, feeling of apathy and lack of motivation may present as symptoms of B12 deficiencies. Often you may not be aware that you have a Vit B12 deficiency as these symptoms may only manifest after a number of years as mentioned it is very much influenced by diet and the bodies ability to absorb the vitamin.
 
Poppet This does connect the dots. Now I two things that cause depression. I hope this one is easier than the other. Since it is water solable it would be easy to build up the B-12. Right?
 
Relatively easy... It all depends on your levels. Your Doc may want to give you a three month course of injections, one a month :)
 
The number wasn't below the lowest line yet. I will call him Monday to see if he wants shots or vit pills. Poppet
 
Are they checking your Folic Acid as well?
 
Good question. My B-12 was 250. 200 is the bottom line. I think
 
Folic Acid and B12 are tests they usually look at together..
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom