Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

I do feel for you - toothache really wears you down and now you are healing again, that takes all your energy. I say to people who ask about my hip "the hip is great, now it's just the rest of me!" My doctor is talking about shoulder surgery and I was told 6 years ago that I would eventually need a RTKR (I had a an arthroscopy for a cartilage repair).
You really need that new companion:puppysmooze: but if one is meant for you it will still be waiting when you are able to get out and about.
We have the first signs of spring here even though it was frosty this morning, daffodils are just coming out and that always lifts my mood - I only have a tiny courtyard garden but lots of plants to tend, including herbs and other evergreens with scented leaves.
Love and healing vibes
Anne
 
Nannyannie, You are so right about me a little one. thats why I am trying so hard to get my apartment done. I for the first time in years miss my Iris. I had such unblieable beauiful ones. I had some that were black and solid brown with yellow insides. I couldn't believe how beautuful they were. Not having the this Year has really been sad. Also I had a Rose Garden that was just out of the world being so colorful and geogrus. Also missing the blooming trees that lined my yard. I will have to get some plants for my patio. Not many but just enough to add some color to my patio. I also had a Red crape Mertle, and three others that were just out of this world. And on the ground I had Hens and Chickens all over the place. I also missed the Lilac hedge that I had. The yard was way to big for me but it would be so nice to have a little garden of some kind here. Of course now that my knees and hip is so much better. Oh well it is what it is. What is done, is done. Well I need to get to bed before I get my crying and end up crying to sleep. Too late the crying has already begun. I guess I miss them so i need a good cry. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Your other garden sounds very lovely Tash, definitely a good idea to get some patio plants, it will cheer you to see them growing.

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Anniepops, Woke up feeling a little down. Don't know if my Cancer meds are working right. However it is so worth it not having to deal with Cancer. We are to have rain this week. We need it so badly. My sewing room is very close to getting done so then I can get the rug cleaned and get a friendly four legged one. It been so long since I have had one. I just wish I had more energy so I could get things done. I will be so glad when Thrusday comes. My stiches in my mouth come out. It still is tender and the stiches are driviing me nuts. However I am so glad I found what was going on. It was getting scary. All I could do is sleep and still needed more. Well thats enough from me. Your country looks so beautuful from all pictures I have seen. Please take care. Tashia
 
Oh our country is very beautiful Tash but we also have our not so lovely areas like every other country. We are very lucky where we live as we have the beautiful coast that stretches for miles on end so always a great choice of beaches to enjoy and we also have lots and lots of gorgeous countryside so we have the best of both worlds. I can't imagine living in the centre of England nowhere near the sea. We can just jump in the car and be at the seaside in twenty minutes, would be lovely if we also had continuously warm weather but I suppose you can't have everything.lol.

It will be so much better once you get those stitches taken out. Do you think it is worth getting an appt with your GP to have a review of all your medication...I remember you saying he isn't very approachable but if you are not feeling right then you it might be a good idea to get an appt and get checked out.

Have a good week

Take care

Ann.x.
 
tashia - thinking of you. And like Anniepops says, a review of all your medication is probably a good idea - doctors do tend to think of you as a "knee" or a "hip" or an infection, never as a whole person with everything interacting together! Our local Pharmacist is good at pointing out when medicines may not go well together, one advantage of living in a small place where people know you.
Big hugs all round! Anne
 
You both are so right but first I had to make sure my hip and the two knees were the way they were suppose to be. THEY ARE, ISN'T THAT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that they passed with all A's. I now will look at medication and get blood test to make sure all that is what is surpose to be. It is time to see the Cancer Doctor and time for tests. Now to get that all straighten out because I think my Tooth surgrey messed it up. After getting all the blood test and medicane I will just need to finish recover. MY Hip was good, Its no needing anything right now. I might have some tenderious or brusities. We will see. Right now I am tired for the the very long day. I did pick up my sewing patterns and they are so neat. Last night I found that I had some of the most beautiful fabric that I forgot I had. Now to take easy and not do much and wait for tomorrow to get here so my caregiver can help me.
I also found some neat fabric for aprons in a box in my sewing closet. Going thru all this had been so much fun. It was like Christmass, not knowing what was in each box, I got a surprise. All positive to say the least. And some of the patterns WOW. I still need to go thru my books. But it will get done. I need to go food shopping tomorrow so I am so glad I have my caregiver because I am so tired and sore. A good night sleep will be GREAT. I now think my foot is the now the problem and I am not ready to deal with it. I really have to be ready for this one. But its like the knees and the hip, it will decide when and where. I have looked it up and it really has lots of rehab. NOT happy about this but can't do anything about it. My shoulder is also sore. I really need to rest it. I di talke to my actupuncture doctor and she said that she could help me on it. I also need to start having my messages again. I will deal with this tomorrow. I feel like Humpty Dumpity. I hope the doctors can put me back together again. I'm so tired of all of this but I know I need to deal with it. My hand is also acting up. All the old injures are saying HI. Remember me? I really would like them to leave me along. Well it is now taking easy time so I am going to sign of and enjoy dong nothing. I got to drive today. Oh That is so Neat. Everyone do take care and enjoy a wonderful night. Tashia
 
Hi tashia,
It took an entire month before my tooth extraction started to feel healed and the pain of extraction gone. I am still experiencing aches in the extraction site and I my dentist is giving my LLT (lazer light therapy) to try to help speed the healing and lessen the pain. He also is working on my bite since missing teeth changes your bite. What were you going to do with the space where the tooth was?
I am so glad that your knee and hip are feeling good. I had my hip done after you. I still have pain. I can walk just fine but it aches even just sitting. It hurts to lift my leg up to a curb and especially in snow or uneven snow covered ground.
I saw some greens leaves of daffodils coming out of the ground on my street but now they are covered with snow.
You are very brave to have had so many surgeries in just a few years.
I hope this spring you will be out enjoying it in your God's Garden.
Take care.
:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks, BarbieJ, Right now I am so tired. Spending all day at the doctors yesterday really tired me out. I feel that a snail is going faster than me. The next couple of days I must take a easy or my body will take me down. As for my tooth I am trying to get it healed. I haven't decided really what to do with the space. taking a day at a time for that. I will have to look at the things that can be done and decide which one is the best for me to do. I have realized that the tooth and the gum was far worse than I thought and need to make sure it heals right. I need to take a nap and I will come back later and talk. See ya later. Tashia
 
Today is a lazy day I am so tired. We are having rain so a good day to stay home. I do want to say Hi to my sewing buddies but I don't want to get all my stuff into the car and then have to unload it again when getting home. Everyone do take care and try to have fun today. It doesn't have to just be on the weekend to have fun. Tashia Storms all over the States so please be careful.
 
I am really feeling confused I know you have changed the format I think. I like things simple especially when I am having a bad day. Could you please explain. Tashia
 
Hi Tash, I didn't know what you meant about the changes until I logged in....can't see a difference unless logged in. It's not major, I've been having a bit of a faff about here on your thread pressing the icons to see what they are for....ooo it's very new fangled but you can just go on like before and ignore the new stuff if you want.

Hope you are doing okay

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Hi tashia, just letting you know that I am studying and will not be on the forum for the next four to six weeks :) big hugs xx
 
Hi tashia - hope you are healing and feeling a bit better. You warn about storms in the USA, our weather here is very strange, earlier in the week it was sunny and up into the 50s, today heavy rain and by Sunday we have snow forecast again! The sun brought out daffodils and violets in my tiny garden and crocuses along the grass verges on the road into town - I hope they survive! Just seeing them lifts the spirits.
It's a good sign that you have even thought about getting your fabric and patterns out, I don't think you would have done that a few weeks ago. My husband brought a trunk out of the attic before Christmas (he was getting the lights down!) that was full of fabric I had forgotten I had! My lovely Mother taught me to sew as a teenager and when I was a full-time wife and mum I did a lot of home sewing, crochet and knitting for me and my husband and sons. There were lots of left-overs, it was great remembering the items I had made (including one dress from the 1960s!). I don't do patchwork so I sent a parcel of usable bits to our local high school for their craft club. There is one lovely length of dark brown velvet that I kept, it's big enough to make some cushion covers that will go well with our cream couches and terracotta carpet. I may even crochet a trim for them - I got the bug again last year when I did a blanket for our our newest grandson Harrison. And it is something that can be picked up and put down any time (and unpicked easily when it goes wrong, only had to do that once with the blanket.)
Even if it is at a snail's pace you just keep going forward - soon it will be spring.
Love and big hugs
Anne
 
Nannyannie, When I started going thru my stuff I was wondering if I would find some of my sewing in the 60s but all is gone to material haven. Today I go my stiches out of my mouth so I no longer have that to bother me. Thank goodness. I did find a box that had some of my sculptures that I made out of clay. they are cool and I hope to find a place for them in the apartment. Its so interesting to see the things that we keep. Finding that box must brought some good memorys . When you finish the blanket can we have a picture? I love seeing what other people can make. One of these days I will get the posting the pictures on site learned. I am so slow when it comes to the computer. I need to see it and with the computer you don't. When it get warmer I want to go to storage to see whats there. I don't think much is there but some of my deceased husband things. He loved trains and I do know there are some there. With the weekend coming I do hope you have something planned that fun. Take care Tashia
 
Tonight I feel very tired and down. My Cancer med. are off i can tell. Won't be able to get hold of doctor until Monday. I am so tired. I was asked to go to a class tomorrow which I would really like to go but it is quite a way from me and a very long day. i asked the women if after the class could I stop at her place and take a nap before driving home. She said "No" so there is no ways I can go. I still tire easely and I don't want to fall asleep behind the wheel. Very disappointed. I still can't drive long distances yet without a rest at one end. Well I guess I spend another day all to myself. Tashia
 
Nannyannie, When I was cleaning out my stash, I did find a fabric from the 60s also. It really was pretty. I was going to make a dress that would fit me right after I had my daughter. She is now in her 40s. I don't think its going to happen. First off I would need lots more fabric. I know I don't have enough :loll: I will have to think about what I can do with it. I guess it could go in one of my quilts. Its black and white big print. Out of all the fabric isn't it interesting that one I saved. I hope you are having a good day. Tashia
 
Today was a good day. I listen to my body and rested. To say my knees don't hurt nor does the hip. Oh that is so great. I really overdid it. But the hard part is you aren't sure were overdoing it is. So I keep going and some time I get away with it and sometime I don't. You never know from time to time. So you start something knowing that it may not get done. I have found that part the hardest part of recover. Is knowing your limit. Being pain free is my goal and I am getting there. :happydance: Tashia
 
I realized that even months from the operation I need to listen to my knees and hip and don't push. I sat down last night and wrote the dates from my replacements and I must realize that I had two surgiers so close together. My first knee was done in March and the hip was done 18 months later, Only 8 months later was my hip done. then only 8 months after that was my knee. I don't know what I would of done if I had both knees done together. I do think I wouldn't been so drained but what is done is done. Now I must get my Cancer medication right. I had my tooth pulled and my body is so tired it really set me back. I have lots of blood tests waiting for me so I will find out were I am with that plus my D and E. I will have to learn to rest. I do have cabin fever thru.
Will have to take care of that. Everyone do take care. I think the Midwest of the US is going to be hit so please be careful. Take care tashia
 
Well I had the blood tests now wait for the result. It will be good to see where my D and B are at. And of couse my Cancer count. So far with all the test before all the cancer counts has been untraceable now I do expects the same but the second part the count is all over the place. I have asked the doctor why does it go all over the place. some people it does and some doesn't so I guess thats what it is going to be. This weekend is St. Patricks day and then we will get ready for Easter. I wish I could get all my confendence back. It mostly to do with driving and afraid of getting tired and not being able to drive home. I know this is silly but that is how it is. I need to "show up" for my sewing group. This coming Thrusday I get my fresh fruit. Oh how do I enjoy it. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom