Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Good luck if you go for the dog on Thursday Tash... Can't wait for photos! Xx
 
Good luck from me too Tash if you decide Thursdays the day for your new pet. I understand how your poorly mouth will be getting you down, it must be awful having stitches in your mouth....Big hugs.xxxxx

Look after yourself

Ann.x.
 
Poppet and Anniepops I am very surprised that the mouth doesn't feel real bad. It does get on your nerves tho. I don't know if it can happen Thrusday or not we will see. I am really cleaning and I do tire so easy. I have really been eating thru and its so great to be able to eat and not have the stomach get upset. I still am having trouble with nerves thru. this too shall pass. Pray for me that I can get a dog this week. Take care. Tashia
 
There is a dog with your name on it Tashia honey... Just waiting for you to show up.. Good luck :)
 
Tashia, you mention a few posts back that you have had your thyroid removed - I have a small, underactive thyroid and am on replacement medication ( l-thyroxine and liothyronine). I assume you also have medication but you had blood levels checked recently? If low (and surgery can send things haywire!) it would explain some of your tiredness. Josephine will be able to tell you more but I know the thyroid hormones are involved in so many stages of our metabolism, so affect healing, infection resistance and recovery.
Good luck with getting a new dog - total unconditional love is the reward!:puppysmooze:
Big hugs from Anne
 
Nannyannie Thank you for the post. Yes the thyroid really does control lots of things including the heart. I have four tests a year for Cancer and many more to make sure it stays where my doctor wants me to be. You are so right about the surgery making the body go crazy. I had lots of trouble over a year trying to get it back under control and my Cancer medication back to what it needed to be so I could be Cancer Clean. I found that since I have no thyroid at all I can get off balance so very easy so I really have to watch it. Isn't it wonderful that the medical field can help us in so many ways? Take care and stay safe. Lots of hugs. Tashia :friends: :goodpost: :thankyou:
 
Hi Tashia,
I can tell you without hesitation that tooth pain on top of recovery pain is the absolute worst. I am still being treated for pain and its been three months since I had the tooth extracted. My dentist tried a lazer heat treatment on the gum and socket area where I had my two teeth extracted. I may need to go for another laser session. It also gives me anxiety. When I don't have hip pain or pain in my mouth (or anywhere else for that matter). I feel so good and have energy. Pain zaps the energy right out of me.
We just received 8 inches of snow and my husband slipped and fell outside while walking our dog. So I am not walking the dog until any possible ice and snow are gone.
Tashia, are you going to get a puppy? My doggie was 7 months old when I got him. I am glad I didn't have to do any potty training.
I can tell you that it took a good month before my tooth extraction started to feel good. It may take some time. You are past the hard part. Extractions are so much worse than root canals. Now we still have the matter of what to do now that the tooth is out. I plan on doing nothing and leaving it alone for a year. I want to get past the two year cautionary period if possible.
Thinking of you, even if I don't post on your thread. I still visit and read. Take care.
 
Thank you for coming over. Today I started the day with a little cry. The stiches are coming out next week. I was going to get a dog tomarrow but I am so tired today. I am waiting for the pain pills to work for my mouth. Its just enough to really to bug me. I want everything to be in place including a clean rug. Then I will start my new life with a new member. It may not find the one right away. But the journey is going to start soon. Today I am so excited but really tired. Well I need to eat so everyone take care and stay safe with all the storms through out the world. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
Take your meds, have something good to eat, and get your rest. Tomorrow is another day. You will be fine.
 
I am so surprised how tired I still am. I haven't done much but rest. Must of over done it because its taking a longer time to get rested and ready to do things. I did do some sorting of fabric and found I have some georous colors and designs. I also started getting my stuff ready for taxes. I usually have to wait for all the forms. I would like to do in January but it is the way it is. Will no dougt go to bed early. Got the kichen clean so that done. I will have to do one load of wash. Work I do know can be put off but certain things do have to be done, like make sure you have enough clothes to wear. Well I need to lay down for a little while. tashia
 
Roy Gardiner, I read where I was now a Don but yet I see under my name it has not be changed. Do I talk to you about you? I have over 3000 postings. thanks Tashia
 
Josephine, I got a note that I am a Don now but I still have supremo. I have so much enjoyed posting so many posts and plan to do more. Hope you are well. take care tashia
 
I didn't get up till noon. Then did some stuff in the sewing room. Didn't get out today. Tonight I really feel down. Had a late nap. Hip is a little sore. Some days are ruff to get thru.
 
Sorry to hear you had a rough day, tomorrow is a new day, please try to get out if you can.
 
@Pumpkin , You are so right getting out would helps so much. Getting old I was told was surpose to be the "Golden Years." I think it should be called the "The Metal Years" The more replacements I get the more metal I get. :umm: My since of humor is not the best today. My mouth is getting better but still feeling down. I think the tramer from the tooth being pulled has finally hit. I know it will pass. We are to have a some rain late tonight I think. We need it. I need water for my "God's Garden" so maybe a cry will make the flowers bloom and be beatuful. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Instead of Golden Years, Titanium Years may be more appropriate.
Google golden years, there are some poems that pretty much sum it up.
Cloudy here, going out to lunch to get out today. Hoping for some rain or snow the ground is parched here.
 
Thanks @Pumpkin I was trying to think of Titanium but I was having a Senior moment. . :rotfl: Have a good day. Tashia
 
Had a very good day and found that I took 1 less pill. Wow Whee I am getting there. The pain wasn't for the hip but for the knee. Hip doing so Good. YES YES
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom