THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

I did another milstone today. I went up and down stairs without even thinking. W"oW This is so great. I finding I am having to really pay attention to what I am doing or I will do something without even noticeing I am doing something I haven't been doing lately. Wow that is so great. My knees are doing great and so is my hip. I still take medicane because without them I hurt I can't walk . Now here comes the question if I need this medication to be able of function are I doing too much and causing me to be in pain. Have any of you felt that you were doing the same thing. Poppet bottomshollow I get so confused on what I should or shouldn't do. I am getting stronger so that is good.
But the pain thing gets me confussed. I know that I have had three surgies (joints (3) Now also a hand had to be done before hip so 4 surgies all together. I know that is a lot. I did not have pain control untill the last one so conrnic I know is there. So what do I do from here. What has anyone done when they find they have conic pain and need something. If so then when do you know when you are recovered. I get so frustrated with it all. I wish I knew where I really was on recovery. I think my hip is no dought the best. But what about the knees. Now the right is finely not swollen most of the time and not hurting most of the time. Its the one that was done this last June that is giving me the most pain. I better end I am repeating myself. Everyone do take care. Did any one know if you had to have the thoriad removed because of Cancer would it cause the healing to take more time. Tashia
 
I didn't have the best day but got my medican back on control and got some driving done today. Tomarrow is the day my Caregiver is here. With help I can get my computer ready for my sewing machine. Tooth really hurting tonight. Just a couple more days. Our weather is great right now. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow! We have no DSL, I am using iPad 3G service, it is slower than our knees take to heal. :sos: Says ATT.
 
I have the same company, one night I really had trouble. Are you saying your DSL is off line. I did hear they were doing a lot of work. Last week it was terrrible. Feeling better today. Got medication back on schedule. Boy I can't mess with it at all or I really pay for it. My legs are getting stronger because I can be on them longer. My swelling is still there thou. Went to a sewing shop and had a blast. Too bad you don't quilt this store is having a real good sale. But its going out of business which is not good. It really had lots of fabric. Well its time now for sewing and lots of it. I need to get some quilts done for military. I haven't made any this year. In fact I don't know if I have made any this year. Come to think about it. We are surpose to get to 70 this week. The ride up to the show was just beautuful. the sun was shining and warm enough not to have to wear a coat.
My tooth gets address on Valentine Day I think. Pray for me, I will need I am so tired of getting a headache because of it; Yesteday my nerves had all it could take. I have just tomarrowo then freedom I hope. I have been thinking about the sewing class. I think they are letting too many taking the class and I am very concerned about not being able to get around the room. So I must put my knee in font on my wanting the class. It will be very noisey also. I am disappointed but I must not set my recovery back. I will sleep on it and see what I come up with. This is the weather I love. I will be able to open my place if it does hit 70. Good news I been doing some foot exericise and my feet are getting so much better. I see I am getting tired again good thing that I didn't try to go anywhere tonight. I need to stay awake for awhile so I can sleep tonight. So I need to see how other people are doing. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
I stayed up because I sleep to good in the afternoon. But had very little pain in the knees and hip so that is sooo good. Today hasn't been bad because I took easy today because tomarro is going to be ruff. I will be in the dentist chair around three hours. Pray for me that he will be able to finish and no problems.
 
I will be sending positive thoughts your way for an uneventful dental appointment!:angel:
Soon you will be :happydance:.
Our DSL was down, a software problem, now I have to call ATT to get a credit on my next bill. It came back on this morning, but is slow.
 
Hope all goes well today Tashia. It will be great when your tooth is all sorted, you will feel much better :)

xxx
 
Thanks, Anniepops Pumpkln Had it pulled today. It just wasn't going to work out. Now I can get better and I don't have to worry about infection, I am on preciption so I am ok. Very sore but will get better. I think it has been bad for some time. That is no dought why I couldn't get over being tired. I do have some blood tests I need to take but I think I found the reason I have been so upset also. I hope tomarrow will be a good day. I am going to rest a lot. I find that my thinking is also getting more postive. This is a three day weekend I hope those who have the day off will have fun. We are going to have wonderful weather so I plan to open the windows and enjoy it. Tashia
 
Pleased that's out the way Tashia, it is awful having to lose a tooth But at least the pain has gone now.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Anniepops The tooth was just going to be a problem and end up losing it anyway so why keep it. It is now gone and I don't have to worry about it causing any more problems. Now it needs to heal, then decided what the next step will be at least it won't be hurting. :flwrysmile: :puppysmooze: :kittykiss: I do hope you have a lovely weekend also. Tashia
 
Well I did have a sleep. A ruff one but I did get some. I woke up every four hours. I am swollen but you always are after something like this. The pain medication is now working which is great. I hope I have enough for the long weekend. I will spend a very quiet weekend. I am very tired. Everyone do take care and have a good 4 day weekend. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia,
I definitely know how bad tooth pain can make you feel. I had a root canal and then a retreat root canal, and finally had to have it pulled since it never calmed down. I still have problems and it was extracted three months ago. It has giving me anxiety too. Yesterday I went to Target the day after Valentines Day and just bought some mouthwash and left. I also bought some roses on clearance for my elderly neighbor who lives alone. They were such a pretty blush shade of pink. It's cold and dreary.
You are a brave lady, my dear Tashia. I have not read your entire thread, bit I did read some of it.
I had a cat for 21 years and six years ago God intervened and I have my adorable Sheltie. Dogs have such a deep connection to their owners. He was 7 months old and had been given up at the shelter. It was love at first sight, and I had searched for a dog ten times previously at the shelter.
I did not have to do any potty training, which was wonderful. I can't bear the thought of losing him one day.
I am tired all of the time too. I have an appointment next Thursday to figure out what is going on with the socket area where my tooth was. It looks fine but burns and aches.
Thank you for finding me on my thread. I don't have anyone to talk to here about my situation. I think I am understanding that I am going to be in chronic pain with my hip. Please stay on this forum. You meant the world to me with your concern and comments.
Let us know if you get your new doggie. Hope your tooth heals beautifully and you get your energy back.
 
Tonight I need to say I am very unhappy about my doctor to say the least. :headbang: He is really being a pain. :scare: He has messed up my medicane again. :gaah: I would deep down really like to have a new doctor but there is so few where I live there isn't much to choose from. :scratch: I could go to another clinic but its over 20 minutes away compared to 5 to 10 minutes away from my house. I really don't care about the distance I just want a doctor who will work with me. :groan: Like not treated me like I am abusing the medicane. :shocked: I really wish and this terriable to say this but I becoming to the comclusion that the doctors need to have a hip or knee replacement to understand the pain and the strain of mental stress it puts on you. :yes!: I have had three surgies and I am doing my best to recover and not having to fight doctors would be so great. :doh: With all the news about drugs I don't think this is a good time to go and try to find a new doctor. So I have to put up with him for the time being what a pain. :yikes: Well I know many of you are having the same problem so I can say I am not alone in this. I need a dog or a cat they would understand and would love me for the fact they accept me as I am not as a addict. I document every time I take a pills so I account for all the pills. I will be so glad when my tooth heals and I don't have tooth ack. I have stiches and they hurt. They are getting better but I still on needles from all the past pain. I was told by a dentist that when you have a tooth problem because it is so close to the brain that it can really get on your nerves. :rolleyes: No kidding. And to make sure you take something to stay calm until it is healed. :thud: I can get the medican tomarrow but not the pain pills. I am ok so far on that. Boy I am so glad I can come here and blow off my steam. :hairpulling: It feels so good. I know I always talk about Journing and doing it here is good but it is also very public so i find I can't say certain things or use the language I would like to use right now. Do you know that a dog or cat doen't care if you use a bad word. Talk about total acceptence.

I have been thinking of a cat but I do have to say I don't know them well. I do know you don't have to walk them but I do miss that walk that a dog does need. boy I wish I could have both to be honest. Wait I just thought of something if you are over 60 which I am I can get a 7 year old animal dog or cat and get it free. A older cat would be better because they do live longer than dogs. right? A seven year old dog is really starts showing their age. Now do 7 year old cats? Now here is a question I need to ask. Do cats love leather to did their claws in? I have a love sofa and chair of leather so would this be a problem?

I guess I missed a very good class. :hairpulling: Which does upset me but there was no way I could of made it with me feeling the way I do. I needed a very quiet day and did have one. I didn't even go to sewing that night. I am having problems going there because all of soon they know what is best for me. Stop taking all my medication. You have got to be kidding. So I need to find a new sewing groups. This is not the first time I have had this problem with them. I do like to be around people and enjoy their company and laugh and have a good time. Boy am I angry tonight about this oh well another day will be better.

I need a sewing retreat that is only a couple of days and not a week. I do love to sew and I do miss it so. When my tooth heals I'm sure I won't be so tired and I can start driving and attending more sewing classes and guilds. Everyone do take care and thank you for listening. I really needed to get this off my chest. Everyone have a good weekend. Tommorow is another day. I will now go and play Angry bird and finish my getting ride of my frustation. :puppysmooze: Or :kittykiss: We will see. Everyone do take care Tashia
 
I can't belive how much energy I have had to day. I guess I needed to get that stuff off my mind. I woke up this morning feeling so good and not hurting. Now I did hurt in the mouth but now much. The coolest things was my hip stop hurting and so did my knees. I have found that when I am angry I walk heavy and I am tense and that of course bothers the knees and the hip. I really had to watch myself today to make sure I didn't do too much. I did however have to do some washing. Couldn't put that off but was able to do without any pain. My medicane for my mouth finally is working so I can eat and talk without pain. Thank goodness. I can't believe how calm I have been today. I think all my tireness has been my teeth so this is what I found out. If you are very tired check your whole body to see if something else is going on. It is so easy to blame it on the hip and the knees when there is something else wrong. This is a big mistake that I made and I don't want anyone else make the same mistake. I am also taking some antibotic for the mouth so I am covered. This tooth now that I look at it has been bad for about three years. I did go to the dentist but the xrayed didn't really show anything for certain. However I do plan to try to get a new dentist. Because of the way he was during the root canal I had to loose the tooth. I do have to say it was no dougth the right by having it removed. So tomorrow is surpose to be a good day. Not to cold but a storm is moving in so It will be raining by Tuesday. By then my mouth should be even better. When I finish my medicane for my mouth I will start taking my herbs. I feel so much better taking them and letting my body take care of the healing. I now feel there is hope. I can't believe how tired I have been and so negative about myself. I now know it was no dought the tooth. I now feel I can reach my goal and that is getting a pet and driving more and getting back in sewing. Did I tell you I have been in my sewing room with a positive attitude and feel not so overwhelmed? I am thinking now of making a little trip next month. Not a big one but one by myself. It won't be far but I can't belive how much my self-confience has come back. I was also thinking about me coming to this site. I have always been a very private person and keeping my feeling to myself. But after writing here I started feeling safe and now I can share what I feel but also knowing what I say here is out in the unvierse. This is a very public site but I do I do have to be careful what I say because it is so public. You might say I came out of my cocoon and now living so much better than I have for some time. So by having all this work done of me is also making me free in sharing myself and my feeling. I do like to help people and coming here I can do that. I hope more of you can feel safe enough to share and also get a life with the new babies we now have. I am talking about out joints. I don't think of them being foreign but part of me which it will be forever. Some day I will have to have my other hip done but in the mintime I can still enjoy life to the fullest. There are some ruff storms coming to the US I have heard so please be careful and stay safe. Take care. Tashia
 
Tonight is going so much better I think. I have been resting a lot and then looking through things alot. the pain in my month and knees are incereasing becasue I need my l and half 3 times a day.. I called the pharmarcy and found out that my doctor was wrong I was asking for the refills much later than a month. Even my shoulder is starting to hurt. Pray for me I really need for the doctor to realise I am doing everything right. I have to get this off my shoulder. I am very angrey that I feel he is making me beg. This is so unproffessional. this is just a example of what is to come. If it can be handled by pills I do think it is so much better than have surgies that cause so much stress on the person and hard on them. Right now I couldn't have a one unless it was a matter of life or dealth. I am getting so much better but right now I am so tired. Tired of the sick game he is playing. Calling me a lie when I am not. I know he has lots of patience but do read the fact before you faulty accurse the person of doing something wrong. I haven't cried yet but I am getting so tired of having to fight with him. I get conforable then I get accused of something I didn't do. Our recover is hard enough without having to fight for our right to be pain free and to function in our lives. I no dought am repeating myself. I am not very postive right now. So I better quick. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Tonight I realised I do take a good amonth of pain meds. It ruff when you don't have a system to bounce things off. My knees were getting better and I thought that was all that was important. Now however without the right dose they are getting scorer. My gum is also hurting . I have already covered this in the writing before this. I will say this. When you live alone you can make it. But it is harder and keep balance is so much more diffucuilt. I am taking weaker dose and so far no withdraw systemes. I am frustrated but that is because of the doctor being who he is. I have had no sweates, no shakes; I really have been lucky. My tooth does hurt but what can you do about it but heat. Well I got some quilt books today that is calling me so I must answer them. Everyone do take care. Tasha
 
Today has been a sleepy day but not so nerves. Been in the sewing room again going thru my patterns. It helps me take my mind of the pain. I still don't have the amount of med just right yet. Mostly the jaw. Have been able to eat so that is very good. Will try to go for a ride tomarrow if feeling better. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Feel asleep in the chair again. I think it keeps me from sleeping on the side that my tooth was pulled. However I don't think I get good sleep. I get real sleepy easy. It has only been a week since my tooth was pulled and the stiches are still in. Well I have another thing to heal from. :shocked: But that is life. This is the last day on the pills for the tooth so I will hopefully not feel so tired. The weather today is surpose to be great. Hope to have a drive today so I don't get cabin fever. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Tasha, everyone gets their share of troubles and pain, but you are getting way more than your share. So not fair!! Tooth problems are one of the worst, to me. When you add that pain on top of your knees and hip and your shoulder, it's a wonder you aren't screaming at the world.

I can't address your questions about a pet. My idea of a perfect pet is a teddy bear. I did have dogs once upon a time...they can be a lot of work I think, although you're absolutely right....they do adore you and can use all the bad words you want...no censoring or profanity filters needed. As long as you feed them and treat them kindly they will love you. I am not a cat person at all, but I have to say that a lot of my friends have cats and they would encourage you to get one. I don't know about the leather furniture....you might have to be prepared to love the cat more than you love the furniture!! :)

Speaking of profanity and bad words, I had my granddaughters with me this week, and we had a conversation about bad words you shouldn't say. I was frustrated because I'm studying for a big test, and I feel like I am not going to do very well.....I referred to myself as feeling stupid. The girls (4 and 6) said ..."Gramma, you're not supposed to say that word." That's their version of the S word. I love it that they are still so innocent.

Hope to hear you are feeling better soon.
Sharon
 
sharonslp, Now that I had a long talk with my doctor, I have been having less pain, Thank God. :) The advantage of living by yourself is you can bury you face in the pillow and let it have it. :hissy: I think if I was more mobil I wouldn't be so frustrated. :gaah: But I am getting more mobils so that is so good. Still have pain mostly in the jaws. My knee pain is a little better. As soon as the medicane gets built back up I should be ok. :yes!: I had a cat when I was young, she came and went as she wanted. I do know my pet will be keep mostly in the house. Really looking forward to having a dog or cat. I find that I tire so easy and my naps are so long but I need that right now. Getting use to my new car. This month just flew by. I was going to get a pet this coming Thrusday but it will depend on the mouth. If I still am real uncomfertable I might put it off for a couple of weeks. I find this so disapointing but when it time it will happen. Spring is coming and the trees are just beautiful. We are to get up in the 70s this week. We will see on that one too. Thank you for telling about the S work. I will think about it every time I hear a S word. :heehee: Tashia Right now I doing more :bicycle2: than :bicycle1:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom