THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Fantastic Tash that you got to drive your new car - well done hon! Do you still feel low to the ground or have you got used to it now?
 
Poppet, Am driving more and more. I am getting use to being low but I do admit I did like sitting up high. The car is great and does drive much better than the van. Isn't great to be able to get back to life. Will no dought will sew this week. Getting all stuff together to sew. Everyone please have a good week. I know that some people are having problems, go slow it does get better but with time and patience. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
So glad you are driving...it is such a feeling of freedom. And sewing again. Go, Tashia. You are sounding better and happier all the time. So glad you are on the other side of the knee now. Have a great day!
 
Thanks you guys, The heat has come in so taking a easy is planned. Sleep all day, quess I needed it. My knee was really getting tender so I was no dought overdoing it.Well so much better. Need to make sure I drink more water. Everyone do take care.:puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Hi there Tash

Just dropped by to say hello and send lots of hugs and love xoxoxoxox

p.s. the view from the top of the hill is amazing.. :) I think we are going to get there together :)
 
After a day like yesterday, We just might make it together! :friends: Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Today is my 11 month birthday. I realized that I haven't been keeping track on it because of my knees. The hip is doing great and hardly hurts at all. It can do whatever I want it to do and has had that ability for some time. I joined this group in Nov of last year. Time sure goes by so fast. this is what I have found out. I am so glad I did the hip. It was so score I couldn't set or stand. Laying on it was impossible. I felt that something had to give, I was so depressed about it, and the pain I really didn't know what to do. If life was going to be like this for the rest of life could I indure? My days were very dark to say the least. When I went to surgrey I felt I had nothing to lose. My pain was so bad all I wanted was to get rid of it. I had a drug reaction again just like the knee. I couldn't believe it, rash again. While I was laying there all I could think was I wasn't getting better. Eventhough I could get out of bed and move I didn't feel I had reach sucess. After coming home I really got depressed and I did get help but my knees were so bad I could hardly walk. I think thats why I didn't notice my hip much. My stomach was so sore I could hardly eat. Then I finally got a new doctor and my stomach was addressed and finally success. My hip started doing all I could ask but not after lot of work. Before I knew it I could walk and sit and even lay down and get some sleep. During all this I was told I needed surgrey on the left knee so instead focusing on recover of the hip I started getting ready for the knee replacement. Now looking back if I knew that my stomach needed help I would of gotten on it sooner and been not so much in pain. As for the hip I did take care of it and it is now taking care of me. thank goodness. The surgrey was so worth it in so many ways. I do hope that everyone who has this done gets the relief that I have gotten. I do know it hasn't been a year yet so it is no dought still healing but I don't notice it. It sets there quite doing its thing without saying a work. For me the hip operation was so much easier than the knees and quicker to heal. Well thats all from me now, do take care and do know that replacing the hip is so much better than sitting or laying in pain. There is a life out there and having this surgrey does get you back into it. Take a deep breath and go for it. I never wished I never had done it. Glad I joined this group, wished it had been with my knee but you join when you are ready so don't look back. Do sit and realized how far you have come and then move on to another hill and life. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Went to a sewing club tonight and was able to drive. The speaker was so good I hated to go home. I would of liked to of stayed but my knees got score, not my hip. Well not bad for the frist time for a while. I also signed up for possible a fill in for camp. If they call me I don't know if I will go but I would like to be asked. It is a month away. We will see. All take care and stay safe in this heat. :puppysmooze:tashia:bicycle1:
 
Hi Tash, so pleased you got to drive to sewing.. I am thrilled that life is getting better for you... sending you a big hug xoxoxox
 
Poppet. Good to hear from you. Life is great as you know. Getting your body back in shape is such a blessing and a gift. To be on this side of the fence and having left the hard times makes all the work worth it. It dawned on me that you started a new hill. Now this one I think you want to be on it for a very long time espically you want to live to hundred. I would love to see a picture of you doing your walking with the poles. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
You sound so much happier and becoming pain free Tash, wonderful to read
 
Poppet, There are times I think recover is so hard. I know we are doing better but when I have a set back, I can only say "Its not fare." My feet are acting up again. I can't remember how long we were supose to get new inserts or shoes. Its been two months and now my feet are getting score. I do have another pair that I have hardly worn but I don't want to make it worse than it is. When I went into the hospital I had a new pair of shoes and inserts so I don't think it time for a new pair. Today I interviewed a new caregiven service. I have found that trying to all the stuff by myself is too much. My knees were starting to hurt and not stop by itself. I need to take medicane. I am losing my patience for right now. I do know its been almost three months and is so much better than before but I would like to be able to drive and do more things at night without worring about getting so tired. I do know this takes a while but I am very great full for the distance I have already traveled. Today I rested and noticed I am getting close to the top. I am so glad I did all this stuff because I do have a new life that I do treasure. I do hope everyone has a very good weekend. I hope to do some sewing with my friends. Take care! :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Tashia, I keep forgetting that you are recovering from knee replacement...not hip....since this is the hip forum. I've only done hips, but I know that knees are reputed to be quite a bit more painful and need quite a bit more time and patience. Two and a half months would still be pretty early on for hips....I suspect it's just baby steps for knees. (My daughter had knee surgery last year...not replacement, but still pretty daunting. I have a glimmer of what you are going through.)

Feet!!!! I used to dance the night away. How I took my feet for granted!! After my first THR, I was able to dance again after just two months. Stamina was an issue at first. But over time, the bigger issue was feet. I would be dancing, fully aware that my hips were just fine, but pain in one foot or the other was spoiling my good time. I bought new shoes....then I bought inserts.....then I tried different shoes....sigh. Then I had the other hip done, so now I'm waiting to see what happens when I resume dancing. Will the old shoes work? Will any shoes work? Will I ever wholeheartedly enjoy dancing again?

I choose to believe yes. Just as I think you choose to believe that time will get you past this current down time. Sounds like it's time to let the medicine and the resting and the icing and the elevating all work their magic. You won't be down for long.

Sharon
 
Sharon, Thank you for being there for me. I believe that until I am proven wrong you will be able to dance. What I found is that the whole leg, hip and feet are connected that if one of them hurt, there is a chance of one of other gets sore because we walk wrong. Since I had my knee done I have noticed that I have days my hips hurt just because of the way I walking. Take care and it will happen, let me know when you can dance. I do love dancing also. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Missed out on the dancing:happydance: at the Greek Food Festival today, there is always next year. Did get to enjoy the pastries, and other goodies.
Sounds like you have ups and downs with your new joints, but are improving:ok: .
Soon you will be dancing and will make it up to sewing camp!:SUNsmile:
 
Hey Tasia, just checking in. Sounds like you are on the mend. Driving your new car around - Seems like it was just yesterday you had the breaking down van :shocked: glad that is over with.

Knees do sound a bit harder from what I hear, but sounds like you are taking things in stride for now. Slow and steady wins the race as they say. Keep up the good work., Cathy
 
Punkin , Oh Greek food is so good. Their music is fun to dance with also. Cathy you are right it hasn't been that long since I had no trasportion. I have just driving it around and I have almost 400 miles on it. I do need to get some gas for it, so I can start finding out how many miles to a gallon I am getting. Don't drive every day but when I get off the medicane look out I will be hitting the road big time. But before I do I have to hit all the sewing stores in this area. Oh I forgot I need to check the ice stores also.:heehee: School has started here so the streets are not full of high school kids driving. It kind of nice. I hope everyone had a good day and tomarrow will be better. take a easy but have some fun moments. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Well I discovered that I can overdue very easy. Went and did errands and came home tired and sore. Went down for a nap and sleep for 6 hours. I think I might be in trouble for tonight but we will see. I think why I sleep so well is I also took some pain pills before I went down. My knee was stinging and my left foot just hurt. I can't remember how long we are to wait to see the foot doctor for possible new inserts. I got new shoes just before my knee was done so I don't think I need them. but if this would stop them from hurting I would do in a heart beat. Also my inserts are also pretty new but I do know I am walking different since the knee replacement. My left hip has also been tender so I am concerned. Have a new caregiver. Its a man so I will be able to get more unpacking done. Really have no complaint but that healing is slow. Can't complain about how I'm healing. Just tired of it taking so long. Well the weekend is here and don't have anything planed. There is sewing Saturday night but I tired to quickly to make it. Tomarrow will set up some messages so I can get my knee and hip stop hurting. I am doing pain control but tired of the pills but very greatfull that I have them when needed. Do need to wash the car and fill the gas tank. I can sure complain can't I? Been spending a lot of time cleaning and orgaizing my sewing room. Should be ready to start sewing very soon. The weather has been great, right now we aren't getting any smoke that I can see. I do hope everyone does have a great weekend and enjoy the weather if able. For those who are still waiting for joint replacements please try to be patient. And for those who just got on this side do be patient and do remember to ice, elevate, rest and do pain control. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Hi Tash

Good to hear from you, but sounds like you might have over done things a little bit.. You need to rest up over the weekend. So pleased you have a strong man to help around the place, just what you need. Don't forget to elevate and ice and rest now :) xoxoxox
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom