Guest viewing is limited

THR Tallguy79 recovery<

Mojo is a DOUBLE Hippie Chick too! :chuckmarch: Both at once! Crazy? Brave? I dunno :shrug:
But she's happy! :yes:
 
Hi :wave:
How's the new med schedule and dosage working?
Are you noticing a diffence yet?
Getting ready for the heat wave?
Your quiz for the day. Hope you pass!
@tallguy79
 
Tylenol, even 1000mg 4 times a day, doesn't do much for me. Still have the groin pain and Tylenol is not stopping it. I am no longer including my short outside walk as a part of my life. I am home bound from now until my follow up on July 5th except maybe one trip to the grocery store. Last heat wave I retreated to the basement so I didn't have to turn on the AC. This time I am staying upstairs where it's more comfortable during daytime hours. I'll get by with just a fan if reasonably possible but will use AC when needed. It's expensive and money is tight but my body has suffered enough, i'm not going to suffer too much with the heat too.
 
I'm sorry you're not finding relief from pain. I'm glad you have the appt next week.
I agree...you should use the AC when it's hot. You need to be comfortable.
Hope your pain eases.
To brighter days...:SUNsmile:
@tallguy79
 
:wave:Hope you cooled out this weekend. It was super hot here this weekend and no real end in sight. Georgia summers are always hot and humid.
Hope you will get some reassurance at your appointment this week.
Hope today is a better day!:yes:
 
How are you doing? Hope your weekend went well. Would love an update.

I'll bet you're excited for your pre-op.
I was. Just had my one yr appt last week and I was nervous for that.
Excited and nervous, like a first date, lol.

Any big plans for the 4th... BBQ, fireworks etc.
Hope you have a good week!
@tallguy79
 
Still having pain if I do anything more than sit around all day. No plans for the 4th since I can't really go anywhere and my place isn't set up for gatherings. Just waiting around until my follow up on the 5th. Hopefully x-rays don't show anything bad as the source of my pain. Hopefully my pain keeps the OS from sending me back to work but I think I will have to go back to work on the 9th on light duty at least part time. We will see.
 
Hi again,
I'm really sorry you're still struggling. I wonder if when you get reassurance that all looks well on the x-ray and you return to work next week, if the distraction of work will take your mind off the pain as it slowly eases? I've always heard our pain feels less in the forefront when we're pre-occupied.

While I understand you probably have no desire to engage with people, or in activity if you're not feeling optimal, it may be the best medicine. Maybe a BBQ with family or friends on the 4th. Just a little outing with an excuse that you're not feeling great if you tire. Just a thought...
To brighter days!
@tallguy79
 
Work will only make the pain worse and being around people while in pain will make my mood far worse
 
Aww, I'm so sorry. :console2:
Hope things start looking up.
Hope your OS has answers.
Hope your day is peaceful...
@tallguy79
 
Could I interest you in a brat or a burger?
A sparkler, or a beer :beer:
I just want you to be happy tomorrow.
You may be surprised and find your pain lessens if you get out for a bit today or tomorrow.
Activity may make the days pass faster until your appt next Monday.

Can't blame a gal for trying...right?
@tallguy
 
@Layla Thanks for the effort but I will likely stay home and rest. Any extra walking outside of the house causes my pain level to increase a lot. I don't have grill for brats. If my parent invited me over for a cookout I would go but today is too hot and tomorrow there could be rain so I think i'll just stay home.
 
Well maybe they'll invite you over if the weather cooperates.
It does sound rather "iffy" in my part of the world for the 4th also. May be raining off and on
but hot and humid. Probably my least favorite weather, next to freezing cold.
Why can't it just be 70 and sunny year round :tantrum: that's my fave.
Hope you find some comfort today!
@tallguy79
 
I'm more like to go outside and do something recreationally if it's hot and humid than if it's below freezing but I don't like either one. 60 degrees for a low and 70 for a high all year with minimal rain sounds good to me. Add in not having to go to work and it's even better.
 
60-70 sounds good, especially today. 95* today and incredibly humid, it was hard to breathe the air was so thick. I didn't see the weather in Wisconsin, has it been in the 90's? I haven't been there in quite a few years, used to be there every week back then. I hope you can get out and about. The movie theater is always a great place when it's hot. I want to see the new Marvel movies.
I'd make sure the OS knows about your pain and keeps you out of work for a while. You could also do what a guy I worked with did when they put him on light duty. He had a prescription for pain killers and claimed he couldn't drive to work as he was taking them, worked for him!
 
That's a great idea Eman85 had. Go to the movies! I took my granddaughter to the Incredible's 2 today.
I haven been to a theatre in years! Like back in the day when all the seating was on a single level and you hoped the person that sat in front of you wasn't tall or had a big head of hair. There was no carpet on the floor and you could hear the wax paper cups roll on the cement floor as people kicked them. Your shoes stuck to the floor from the dried sticky soda people spilled.

This was not that theatre. Multi level seating with comfy recliners that reclined all the way back. Carpet throughout. No standing up because the kid in the middle and his mommy have to squeeze past you to use the rest room. I had my seat reclined and there was still room for people to walk by without needing to move. I was in awe. Can't believe what I've been missing out on. Only thing is my granddaughter is young so the movie selection isn't my fave but with those chairs I can recline and go on BoneSmart :rotfl: if I get bored.
You have to try it @tallguy79 :yes:
 
@Eman85 It's 91 with a heat index of 98. I know that's not bad compared to some places but here in Wisconsin we suffer thru 6 months of harsh winter with the expectation we will have a comfortable summer. 90+ with high humidity is not comfortable. I am not going anywhere until I have to go to my follow up appointment tomorrow afternoon. It will be hot but I don't have a choice. If the OS sends me back to work next week I sure hope he specifies office only otherwise my employer will find something for me to do on the production floor that barely fits within the restrictions and where it will be 90+ and humid. I would be out of energy in less than 30 minutes i'm sure.
 
I hear you, I live in the mountains and just looked at the thermometer, 97 in the shade and I have no idea what the heat index is and don't want to know. Around here you can go south of me to higher elevation and it's cooler. I hope your OS listens and has some empathy. I think some of them think suffering will make things better. Be sure to get your point across and know what you should and shouldn't do as far as work goes. Don't let them bully you into hurting yourself.
 
Had my 6 week(6.5 week) follow-up today. OS says x-rays look perfect(he's not biased at all :)). Unfortunately I have to return to work on Monday the 9th if my employer has work for me. I am starting out at 4 hours/day the first week then 6 hours for 2 weeks then 8 hours all 'seated work only' for the next 3 weeks until my next follow up on Aug 17th. I asked him to be more specific and add a couple things to the work notes. I am allowed to take the time needed to ice the area when I need to and I am only allowed to get up from a seated position a maximum of 3 times per hour for the entire 6 weeks. I don't know if they will have work for me or not. If they don't I stay home and get paid by Worker's Comp. Unfortunately the OS ordered two weeks of PT starting next week or the week after. He does expect me to do exercises and says pain is ok just don't push tooo hard. In the mean time he just gave me a couple of stretches to do and said to walk. He said the pain i'm having from walking is ok and to keep walking. The pain will go away as I get stronger. Hope that works. He said to continue using the cane until the limp is gone.
 
Great news! I'm happy to hear your x-rays look good.
I know you're not feeling ready for work but I'm sure you've prepared yourself mentally knowing the time is near. At least you'll get the temporary office position you were hoping for and feeling you still need at this point. Phasing back into a full day is good news also. You'll be almost three months post op by the next visit with your OS.

Consider bringing a cooler with some of those gel packs in them to keep at your desk. Otherwise use the freezer at work if they have one.

It's too bad you'll be forced into PT. I know your feelings on that and you understand the BoneSmart recommendation. I'm sorry your OS thinks your "pain is okay." "Pain is your body asking for change." Your leg was injured / traumatized it needs to heal not be put through a work out. It seems you got through your other PT no worse for wear, stood your ground, you'll just need to work toward that end again.

Hope the rest of your week is good and that your pain is diminishing.
@tallguy79
 
Back
Top Bottom