Guest viewing is limited

THR Tallguy79 recovery<

I think cautious, gentle PT is better than no PT but aggressive PT is worse than no PT. I expect my PT will get more aggressive as my mobility and strength increases. I will have to say no at some point when they push too far.
 
Last edited:
Happy Friday!
How was the work week and how has PT been?
Hopefully your pain is easing and you're getting back into the routine.
I'm sure it's still difficult but with any luck things will soon feel normal.
Wishing you a nice weekend!
@tallguy79
 
First week of 6 hours days is over. I was exhausted even though I was doing the easiest of office jobs. Only had one PT session this week, next week goes up to two. So far PT hasn't been bad but it will get worse before it gets better i'm sure. Pain has stayed pretty steady while gaining movement so I guess that's progress. Off the cane now at least 75% of the time. Hoping I can get some rest this weekend.
 
Hey...
Just realized you're two months post op tomorrow.
Happy Anniversary!
Hope you're able to get some quality rest this weekend.
It will get better!
@tallguy79
 
Happy hipversary, @tallguy79 .
Rest up and ice up.
Hope your weekend is peaceful!
 
How's the work week going?
Wondering about PT also...
Are they whipping you into shape, or just wearing you out?
I hope things are going well for you. Give us an update, we'd love to hear.
@tallguy79
 
Luckily they have me doing the easiest of office work. I do get tired by around 5p, I work 1p-7p this week and go to 1p-9p next week. PT hasn't been too bad. They did have me try straight-leg lifts on Monday and after 5 I was hurting and after barely getting my leg off the table for number 7 they said to stop. They won't have me do that exercise for another week atleast. It hasn't been bad overall yet but I am switching back and forth between two therapists and the one I have tomorrow is a little rougher. I will refuse if she asks me to do leg lifts again. My surgeon's office called and said they needed to reschedule my next follow up appointment. That happened last time too, ugh. Now my appointment is Aug 14th instead of 17th so I may have to go back to manual labor a couple days earlier. Actually they probably won't switch me mid week it will just give them more time to decide what they will have me do based on the new lessened restrictions.
 
I will refuse if she asks me to do leg lifts again.
Good for you...that's a tough one.
Two more days...and then the weekend!:ice:
Rest up, you are doing fine.
Two months out and hopefully all will continue getting better.
Hope you sleep well!:)
 
Hey you....I see you TallGuy, you can't hide from us.
How about an update?
Would love to hear how work is going. Hopefully not too much of a challenge.
Also, how's PT these days? Hoping the discomfort you were dealing with has improved...
Wishing you a nice weekend!
@tallguy79
 
:wave:Wondering how you've been too, tallguy?
Send proof of life!
 
This week was my first 40 hour week, light duty. I also do 2 days of outpatient PT plus evry day at home by myself. Still hurts every day nearly all the time. Making progress but it seems slow. My follow up with the surgeon is August 14th and I think he plans to send me back to manual labor work at least part time. I don't see how that will happen but if the DR clears me then my employer will make me do any job they want and if I say I can't do it then i'm gone. Hopefully the DR will give me appropriate restricitions so my employer can't push too hard.
 
Thanks for the update. If you're still in pain everyday, would you consider stepping back from the PT for a time? Just to see if it eases...I can't imagine how you're going to handle manual labor at your workplace going by your initial description of your job duties. Very concerning. I hope it all works out for you.
Stay in touch and let us know how your appt goes on the 14th.
Wishing you the best!
@tallguy79
 
I only have 3 more PT sessions planned and the last one is just an updated assessment. I hope the DR says I can just continue PT on my own at home after that. Right now I do limited exercises at home if i'm hurting. I'm not in horrible pain from PT, just muscle soreness. I am making progress.
 
Hi again,
Well, progress is good, it's better than going backwards. I'm happy to hear it.
Just take it slow. You can still be icing also, just an FYI in case you're not...
Have a good night!
@tallguy79
 
So....how did work and PT go this week?
Feeling stronger week by week? I hope so.
Looks like your appt is in two days.
You'll have to let us know how it goes, if you feel like sharing.
I hope you have a good week!
@tallguy79
 
@Layla Work and PT went ok this past week. Still having a lot of pain in the 3-4 range. Not horrible but bothersome especially at work even doing easy office work. Pain has not gone down at all the last couple weeks since I have been increasing my mobility. I feel like I should be doing better at 12 weeks but I still have a long way to go. Nervous about what the surgeon will have to say on Tuesday regarding my return to manual labor work. I don't feel ready yet but this is when he was expecting me to be ready when we discussed it pre-surgery. I will let you know what he says.
 
Yay for progress @tallguy79.
I know this has been a journey but getting rid of that hip pain is well worth the struggles.
I still had a lot of tenderness at 3 months and certainly more activity can cause aches especially with all those years of limping and leaning..muscles being retrained, etc.
Hope your week is sweet!
 
Good Luck with your appt tomorrow.
Hopefully you get some reassurance in regard to the lingering pain.
It's not quite three months and as you've heard,
it can take up to one year, even longer sometimes to heal.
Wishing you comfort!
@tallguy79
 
Has my 12 weeks follow up with the surgeon today. He says I have a long way to go to return to full work duties because of the nature of my job. For the next 6 weeks he wants me to continue seated office work only but on my time off of work he wants me to increase my walking every day. Increase the time, go uphill and/or add ankle weights. No outpatient PT but continue PT at home in addition to the walking. I may have to get a gym membership unless I want to walk up and down my hallway in my house several dozen times when it's raining out. On the plus side, I get paid full wages to do easy office work. Still have a long way to go to get back to "normal".
 
Back
Top Bottom