I'm practicing my limit setting statements in anticipation of the appointment!
Always a good thing,
@gertie. As I said to you before, I can't imagine going to work at my age, and I really can't imagine adding PT to that. Are you having any specific problems that you thing a physical therapist can help you with? I have an appointment for PT next week. My surgeons really like for their patients to go to PT, and I've had a nice long delay, since I had the 20 pound weight bearing for 6 weeks, then the month of December with horrid cold and snow and the holidays, so I didn't go then. I am walking better all the time, although I still have weakness in my surgical leg and stiffness in the area above my glutes and up into my lower back. When I first get up in the morning, I absolutely cannot walk without aids, as everything in both legs hurts. Then, in the morning and early afternoon, I can walk around without aids, trying hard not to limp. Later in afternoon and evening, I use the rollator again.
I'll see what the PT says on Tuesday. I have no problem with deciding exactly what
I need, rather than adhering to the 10 weeks of 2 - 3 sessions per week that the surgeon recommends. I have my goals, which are very different, I am sure, from that of a younger person who, for example, wants to return to strenuous sports or exercise. I want to walk easily and pain-free without aids for several miles on uneven ground, to be flexible and strong enough to do work around the house, and to be able to balance and be steady enough that chances are better that I won't fall.
How nice that you feel your hip is steady and you felt no pain with the half-hour walk! May all of the improvements continue.