Good morning. I'm 4 and a 1/2 months out and overall doing well but wanted to note something that I think is probably pretty typical of this stage of recovery--I'm feeling IMPATIENT.
Improvement at this point comes in small increments and I often feel stuck and worry that I won't get back to "normal" (whatever that is!) For example, I really want to be back working in the garden this spring and summer, which means being able to get down and up from a low stool (no kneeling because of bad knees) and there's no way I could do that right now. And I'm still too stiff to cut my own toenails.
So, to keep from getting hung up on what I can't do, I run through the list of things that I CAN do now that I couldn't do weeks or months ago:
Zipping up winter boots
Tying shoes
Putting on socks
Filling and emptying bottom shelf of dishwasher
Getting things off of lower shelves in the grocery store
Putting cat in cat carrier, transporting to the car and into the vet's office
Cleaning cat box using short handled scoop rather than adapted long handle scoop
Getting up from regular height chairs fairly easily (still push off seat with one hand)
Go up and down stairs normally (although bad knee has me avoiding stairs when I can)
And I'm sure the list goes on.
Now if I can just get those muscles strong enough to deal with the low stool!