TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

Thinking of you and Teresa today, as well as the rest of your family. Suz, I can't figure out how to send a private message but want to give you one of my old student's contact info. He is a prof at Duke now and works part-time on one of the neuro-ICU acute units. He's a dear man, and might be a nice contact to have. If you send me an email, I have his permission to give you his contact.

I smiled about your parents being near Clyde. I taught at WCU for years and often stopped at Clyde's Diner on the way back to Asheville--perfect place for some no-nonsense southern comfort food.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
So.. I haven't been online very much at all. The farm and chores are falling behind which is ok- Sister comes first! They continue to have a pretty aggressive approach at weaning her off of the vent. And it is really taxing for her- so much she's been weepy for the past few days. Yesterday she was off for 7.5hrs (Thank You God)!!, and naturally we are so very happy about that. But along with that comes her being so down and absolutely exhausted.

I came home last night to regroup and plan to return tomorrow. I feel depleted as well but I keep reminding myself that altho my knee never ever hurts- I'm still recovering. Especially my stamina. Coming here and reading your awesome posts- your enthusiasm for her, gives me such a lift. Thank You All-!!

Now I'm going to take a little time and catch up on how others here are doing!
 
Suz, I am glad you are taking a little time to get some rest... I am glad sister is doing better but I know the recovery is not easy on Teresa or the family.

What happened to your Avatar? your picture is gone.
 
Thanks @uva55, Clara! I don't know- I'm seeing it from here? Bonesmart has had some things going on with it for a few weeks now. Seems it started back when we were offline for several days. Let me know if I'm still MIA. I'll put Snoopy up!
 
All I can see is a small box with an X, much rather see your pretty face, I can seen everyone else's avatar though, so I thought you took the picture down. Give it a few days, maybe is a hiccup on BS' site.
 
Strange, I can see your lovely face! I don't say much but my thoughts are with you and your family as the healing goes on. Do take care of yourself. You know how the weeps come with pain and exhaustion. Maybe going through your experience will help you console your sister as she goes through hers. I know you are a treasure for her.
 
I can see your avatar. My heart goes out for you and your sister. Rest yourself so you can be there for her. You are an awesome sister.
 
I went on the website on my phone and I can see your picture, it must be this state of the art PC I have at work, maybe is trying to tell me to get to work, lol
 
I see you just fine, also. You and your sister are real troopers! Please try and slow down and take care of yourself. You won't do anybody any good if you get sick. Your knee sounds like a real blessing! Wonderful!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
I'm glad to hear your sister is progressing but make sure you take some time to catch your breath and get some rest. You need some down time from the physical and emotional drains.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Thank you for the updates on your sister. She is doing so well. Do remember to take care of you, too.
 
Hoping sis is continuing to improve! All sound good so far. Continuing to lift prayers for Teresa and her medical team!
 
Thinking about you and Teresa, I hope all is well and she is continuing to have a good recovery :flwrysmile:
 
Thinking about you and Teresa. Our prayers continue.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Hello My Wonderful Friends! First of all, my knee continues to bless me daily with a pain free walk! In a few days I will be 5-months out. I couldn't be happier about my recovery and especially what I continue to learn here on BoneSmart! I enjoy my time here better than any other forum online, because of YOU!

I've just gotten in from spending the day with T-!! I have an awesome update to share! Today was HUGE for us! PT moved her over to a recliner and for the first time since Aug 26th, she sat up in a chair away from the hospital bed! I CRIED!! They are also initiating pureed foods- jello- applesauce, etc. Bless her heart, she teared up when she tasted applesauce again today! I can't imagine how wonderful that must be for her! There is nothing I can say sweeter than these pictures of our living miracle! I'm beyond thrilled to see her up like this! LOVE YOU ALL-!!! Oh and @sheliac, Sheila.. DUKE ROCKS!!! They are SO awesome with her care. Never a dull moment on the vent rehab unit- LOL!

[Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey [Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey [Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom