TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

I just saw Teresa's picture, she is beautiful, you are so right, we have to embrace each day and let those we love how much they mean to us, we never know when our life can take a drastic change.

Count our blessing each and every day!!!
 
On-going heartfelt thanks to all of my precious friends here for your concern and prayers over my sister & family!

How's your sister doing at Duke today?

She's hanging in there- they continue to reduce the vent settings to encourage her breathing and she is responding well! Her blood pressure is also doing better, not bottoming out as it was. In fact, they weaned her off of norepinephrine last Sunday and she hasn't had a low pressure incident since.

I'm going to share a picture my precious niece Jamie took of her mom and daughter, T's granddaughter today. Lily needed to complete a reading assignment and she asked 'giggles', what her Grans Noah & Lily call her, if she could sit on her bed and read. I thought this was so precious. Kids are so pure and innocent in their view of things.

And although my sister may appear weak here, believe me- there is major improvement from where we were 4wks ago when she was just lying there with no expression whatsoever.

[Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey


Your prayers are being heard and I love you all so very much for being there for us!!

This is a picture of her daughter Jamie with Noah & Lily. Jamie and Teresa are SO close and I surprised Jamie with an American Girl Doll just like the one her mom gave her when she was a little girl last week. Lily LOVES her two American Girl Dolls and Jamie went to her Dad's about a year ago to get her American Girl Doll out of storage so she could have tea party's with Lily & her dolls. Well, after searching through all of their storage her step-mom remembered Jamie's doll was sold in a yard sale. Naturally this was heart breaking for Jamie. So after her mom's accident I searched high and low and found a Kirsten American Girl Doll in mint condition and gave it to Jamie. Telling her that even in the most intense of life's situations we still need to play. She cried and cried when I gave it to her and sent me this picture the next day! I believe God inspired me to do this for Jamie because she has been her mom's biggest spiritual support since this happened.

Thank You for letting me share this precious family of mine with you! If my post 'rambled' it's because I am SO tired tonight!

[Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Suz, I love you sharing your family with us. We are all your family here, too. To hear how your sister has improved is so uplifting! Keep on praying! She'll come back to you all!
 
You look like your sister. Both of your are beautiful! And I know you are also beautiful inside, too!
 
Beautiful pics and touching story. Thank you for sharing. Lots of prayers coming your way.
 
Suz, what a beautiful family. And you can see the strength on your sister's face. So glad to hear the vent weaning is going well.

I am praying for you all every morning and evening. I called my old prayer circle in Asheville and now your sister (and your family) is on their prayer list -- please know that you all are being prayed for by them 5 times a day.

Please don't forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else. Hugs to you.,


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Thank You @TML, @KarriB & @sheliac, Sheila! I spent the day with T today and have a great praise report to share here! She was completely off of the vent for 3 straight hours today! They had a little oxygen support positioned over her trach but that was it! It really labored her but she was breathing on her own- what an accomplishment for her!!

Prior to that the PT team came in and sat her up on the side of the bed- they had to hold her head up and support her from the front but for the first time in 5wks she had her legs hanging off the side of the bed and she was in an actual seated position. She could only handle about 5 minutes but it really choked me up to see that precious expression of excitement in her eyes! Like a kid with their first present on Christmas morning!

Given the severity of her spinal injury the staff there are amazed that she is able to do as much as she is! She has her voice when using the trach speaking valve, she's a living miracle-!! THANK YOU for your prayers-!

And Sheila, thank you for adding her to your prayer group in Asheville! Our parents retired to Asheville- have a sweet mountain home about 20 miles from the Biltmore Village in a little town named Clyde. Just before Waynesville! I was thrilled to read your post- and to know they are praying for her 5 times a day- WOW! I can't wait to tell her!

Duke is proactive in their rehab program for her. There is absolutely no lying around in that center where patients are left to exist. She worked so much today between Respiratory & Physical Therapy we didn't even have time to look at my laptop like we usually do-! I have to keep her up on her favorite shows, ha!! God is good-!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Suz! What wonderful progress you sister is making! Our prayers are being answered! :wowspring:
 
@Suz ,
I'm delighted to hear what progress your sister is making. :yay: :happydance:

It sounds as if she is in the best possible place to help her.
 
Three hours off the vent is amazing! I'm so happy she's seeing/feeling progress instead of defeat. Continuing to pray.
 
Prayer WORKS! God is so good! How uplifting to read your report. Send T a hug from me!
 
Yay, Teresa!! Woot!!!

Suz, I am so happy for you and your lovely family.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
That's wonderful that your sister is progressing so well. Continued prayers that she will continue on the road of recovery.
 
Sux, I'm so happy to read that your sister is progressing so much in her recovery, that is really wonderful news.

I love the pictures, beautiful, thank you for sharing them with us.

Sending you prayers and a virtual hug...don't forget to take care of yourself also:flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom