Guest viewing is limited

TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

@Suz such encouraging news..I was so happy to read your update...all your BS family is praying for Teresa!!!!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Thoughts and prayers for Teresa and your entire family at this difficult time. Hugs to you!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Just hearing of your sister's accident, @Suz . I believe in the power of prayer, it played a huge part in my recovery from infection and will pray for God's healing power for your sister as well as you, a care giver. Hugs and many prayers!
 
Thank You so much @KarriB. And all others who are following this with your positive support.

Teresa was just yesterday discharged from ICU at the University Hospital and moved to Duke Specialty Hospital in Durham, NC that specializes in vent weaning. The atmosphere at the new to her but very old facility is challenging for her and the family. She fears she's in nothing more than a nursing home and will never improve. Lot's of tears yesterday once she arrived. We're encouraging her to stay positive and give them a chance. My niece Kelley, who is usually negative about things like atmosphere, said yesterday that it's possible they funnel their funds into their rehab program rather than presenting an inviting beautiful building. Her perspective surprised and brought comfort to us all.

So the specific prayer need is that Teresa will be surrounded with positive encouragement by the staff there. That their rehab protocol will give her the ability to come off of the vent as well as strength back for PT & OT. And that she will see herself happy again.

Her blood pressure was stable yesterday and last night which is wonderful. I'm staying home with Audrey today. It's a 4hr trip to the hospital for me and Audrey doesn't like my being away but for so long. So I've been trying to leave very early in the morning while she is with her hab tech and coming back the same day. It's starting to wear thin on Audrey!

My niece and her husband are with her and they're about to have a meeting with the rehab team at the new facility as to where we go from here.

I hope so much for my sister to be happy again now that she has decided she wants to live. What amazes me is our healthcare system. They gave her the option of hospice or rehab. I've been living on the farm too long- it's quite shocking to see how the critical care system works nowadays.

She has a long fight ahead of her. But I have already witnessed God's miraculous hand in her life in the 4wks since her accident. And she probably had one of the most positive, encouraging attitudes of anyone I have ever known in my life prior to her accident. I pray daily for that to sustain her now.

I've learned two major things I hope to always remember. To never again take my mobility for granted and to be thankful for every breath I take on my own. These are precious precious gifts from God!

Thank You so much everyone- my family thanks you! My friends here on BoneSmart mean the world to me and I receive so much comfort knowing you are there cheering her on!

Here's my favorite picture of 'T' with her collards. We grew up eating collards and still today consider them one of life's greatest joys, haha! 'T' has been her nickname for years. My kids know her as Aunt 'T'! She's a beautiful person inside & out. I love her so much!


[Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey
    Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 7.20.00 PM.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers for you all! Good to hear she was able to be moved and is stable. Sending positive thoughts her way!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Your message brought tears to my eyes. She is certainly blessed to have such a loving and supportive family. I join everyone in sending positive healing thoughts her way.
 
Teresa is gorgeous. I am saying prayers right now.

I'm a NC woman -- Duke is where I'd go or take my family in any major health situation. Yes, it's old, but in my opinion, one of the best health care systems in the world . I'm in Ohio right now, but I specifically chose an OS who graduated Duke med.

Thank you for that inspiring post. It really adds perspective for me. Hugs to you and yours.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Nice to have a face to go with her name [emoji4] Praying for her & the road ahead of her [emoji1374]


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Thank You @julesm86, Julie & @sheliac, Shelia! Your prayers mean allot! And also for sharing your opinion of Duke with me Sheila. My daughter's kidney transplant was done at Wake Forest University (Baptist) Medical Ctr. due to our living in the western part of NC. I don't know allot about Duke except they are 'world renound'! It's nice to have a fellow BoneSmartie give the center who is now treating her such a raving review. Thank You again! I'll share that with she & my family tomorrow while there.
 
Hi Suzie. Still thinking about you and your family and praying the good Lord gives your sister strength to get through what is ahead of her so that she may recover fully! She truly is lucky to have her supportive family.
 
My prayers go with your sister and your entire family. With God's help and a positive attitude anything is possible.
 
Positive thought s and prayers going out to you from this side of the pond that you all have the strength to get through this difficult experience and that God will hold you all in the palm of His hand and keep you safe.
Tabby xxx
 
I'm glad to read that Theresa has been moved out of ICU, to Duke. That sounds like a bit of progress.
Best wishes and healing thoughts to her.
 
How's your sister doing at Duke today?
 
I hope your sister is doing better...thinking and praying for Teresa, you and the entire family!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom