Guest viewing is limited

TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures of your sister's accomplishments today. I would have cried too. So happy to see some progress. Also great to hear your knee is cooperating with you. I will continue to pray for Teresa and for you and the entire family.
 
That's so good to hear that your sister is making strides. Hopefully she continues to get better every day. My prayers are with her and your family.
 
So glad to hear your sister is making steady progress! Nice also to see that lovely smile on her face in one of your pictures...that really means something! Must bring you joy to see it. Please don't forget to get your rest too! Will continue to pray for your sister's full recovery!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Wonderful to hear such positive news, and that your knee is holding up so well.
Love to you all,
Tabby xxx
 
Thank You @jmp65, Julie! As to be expected she cries allot so you see that in her eyes & face. But given the fact she knows more than the average patient about what is going on and what 'should' be going on, it's understandable.

Today the CNA's didn't handle her as safely as she felt they should- she said when they went to turn her she felt as if one of them wasn't paying attention and almost pulled her over too far. She felt like she was going to slide right off the bed.

The nights are the worst for her because she is at the total mercy of the staff there. But they are all learning that when the trach valve goes in my sister starts talking.. and reporting. Her daughter Jamie told me the other day when her mom got the trach valve in she asked for the charge nurse- and went into administrative mode. So for the most part they stay on top of things with her. HAHA!

Thank You (all) for sharing in this journey with me. I receive so much encouragement from you and it means so much to me!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I loved that smile on T's face in the recliner. You could tell she was so pleased to be out of that bed! And thank God that your tkr is doing well so you are able to visit T whenever possible. Give T a big thumbs up with her keeping the staff on line!!
 
It's great to see that they are starting to mobilize Teresa, @Suz !
She's a very courageous lady.

I know you're spending a lot of time at the hospital, but do try to get some rest yourself. Can you elevate your leg while you're sitting with T?
 
It hasn't been available to do so since she moved to Duke @Celle. There is no recliner in her very small room. But I can probably get another chair in her room and put it up. I haven't thought about elevating because it honestly hasn't bothered me at all. No swelling- just a very nice baby knee! Thank You for bringing this to my attention- I'll make a point to get it up at the hospital! They do have nice chairs and ottoman's out in the lobby- but we're keeping her visitors to just her husband, myself & two daughters for now. And only one with her at a time so she doesn't feel overwhelmed. I love being there so much I don't usually want to leave her room- haha! But I will make an attempt to take better care of myself and my new knee! Promise!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Suz, I just caught up with your story and am so glad to hear your sister is making a strong recovery. How wonderful you are all mostly close enough to be with her, too! You and your sister sound like you share a strong wonderful bond so I know how much that must mean to her that you are there for her... I have a very dear sister, too, so know how much she means to me, too. How good that your new baby knee is so ready to do its job, too! I will definitely include your dear sister and your family in my prayers, too.
 
Very smart to keep visitors to just a few for now, especially since your sister can be emotional right now and I imagine easily let her mind wander to worse case scenario. What a super sister you are!
 
@Suz You said your sister knows more than the average person what is going on...is she a nurse? Sorry to hear she was not being handled safely...that is unacceptable. I am a nurse (retired) and know how important safety is when handling patients and I can only imagine how scared she must be when she knows how they are supposed to be doing things and then not doing things the proper way. I am sure now that they know they may be reported they will be more careful...which is the way they should be anyways. Hope she is feeling better and continued progress is being prayed for on this end! Also hope all is well with you! Take care!
 
Such a wonderful update on your sister and you! There's nothing like a sister.
 
I can't imagine your sister's frustration that her every need has to be taken care of by someone else. I can see why she is so emotional. Glad she is slowly progressing! Take care of yourself!
 
Just letting you know prayers continue for you all.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Always looking for an update on your sister. Thinking of you both. I hope she continues to make progress.im sure it's very challenging for her, as a nurse, knowing what she knows.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom