THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Wonderful progress, Sue @Susan209
Love to hear it. All sounds like you're falling back into "normal" life.
Wishing you a great weekend!
 
No shame in taking a break. We get our stamina back a bit at a time.
 
Hi @Susan209 Glad to catch up with you and find you on a 2 week anniversary post op. Lovely! Congratulations! Wonderful that you are doing so well. Sometimes a good grump or two will see us through the rough spots. The dropping thing is a real burden, I agree. And the loss of independence gets old. Hope you can relax over the weekend. I'd take some that sunshine off your hands; it's dreary and cold and rainy here in the south this weekend.
 
Hi @Susan209 Just me catching up with posts, you have been busy! are you getting much work done as well? I'm feeling pretty smug as all the Christmas cards are done and ready to post, even better I did some neighbours cards when I was out having my little walk this morning. So cold though glad to get back indoors. Only 3 more days of injections and trying to find out how long I need to keep wearing these dead sexy ted sox. Might phone hospital tomorrow. Sounds like you are making real good progress.
 
Ah, @zinnia I'll happily send you some of our sunshine. It's going to be 40 by mid week and I'm stuck looking at the swimming pool. :bawl:Just a wee bit jealous of @Gretel, who is ahead of me and is actually allowed to :swim:. *sigh*
I'd call OS office and ask about TED sox, @Tomgirl . Sounds like you are moving a lot, so maybe you can get rid of them. :yes!:
I have been busy, as I kind of found myself forced back to working (albeit from home) after just eight days off. My replacement was trained, doing fine, but had instructions and people at head office in Europe to fall back to just in case, and did... ZIP. She managed to raise ONE quote in the 10 days I was not working. "Didn't get the orders, didn't know what to do, didn't have the required programs, was too busy, didn't know who to ask for help, poor time management, ..." The list goes on... :censored::headbang::censored: Okay, enough complaining for one day.
I did have a nice relaxing weekend after my big week. Even went to the shops yesterday. :happydance:Only for groceries, but hey...
 
Just wondering if anyone else has a sore behind from sitting / laying down so much? Together with the sore knee this is really driving me nuts. Standing and walking around does help, but there’s only so much of that I can do... Suggestions?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Me too, it’s my knee that is most painful and as a front sleeper not finding my side that comfortable either. Still waking every two hours which I think is when I would normally change position but stuck on my back it just wakes me ..... otherwise doing ok, one crutch around the house mostly and just the odd paracetamol during the day:yawn:
 
Ah well, at least we all seem to be normal... Teehee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yep, me too. Pain in the proverbial butt! I try to get up and move around for about 10 or 15 minutes and that does help. Or I'll move to the bed and do a few light exercises or take a bit of a walk outside but it's cold right now in the south :window:. @Susan209 did you drive yourself to shopping? That's amazing you got out, not quite a month for you yet. :wowspring:Keep up the good work. I am inspired.
 
@Susan209 I'd take some of that warm weather too. Some snow on the ground where I live, otherwise I would shuffle my walker outside for a short walk up the street.
 
Hi @zinnia, no, my SO did the driving. I’m not allowed as per OS orders, but I don’t drive here if I can help it. Drivers in Sydney are terrible... :(


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh I miss driving. My car is in the garage, all sad and lonely....im convinced she calls out to me from time to time. I actually had hubby drive her for work last week just so she could get some exercise haha it will be sometime until I'll be able to drive her as she's a speedy manual 6 speed transmission....and seeing as it's my clutch side that had the THR, thats gonna require quite a bit more healing to master. In the meantime, I'm just going to pretend I'm Regal as I'm being chauffeured to and fro. :snork:
 
My OS said six weeks for the same reasons. I just don’t drive...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom