Guest viewing is limited

THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Ahhhh, sneaky drinks and husbands who drive. . .Nice! And sunny weather. Golly, what more could you ask for.:yes!:It's hard recovering in the depth of winter; even here in the south (I'm on the east coast) it's cold and gray. Makes for dreary days. I'm thinking it calls for a sneaky drink.:cheers2:
 
I will indeed, @Susan209. My daughter-in-law makes a killer Old Fashion. Frankly, I haven't been able to have a glass of wine since my first surgery 2 years ago. I am hoping this last surgery will turn that around for me. I'll let you know. Since I'm taking a Percocet occasionally I'll refrain until Christmas.
 
Last edited:
Oh Susan....do tell, what's Pimm's....not familiar.
Hey, just noticed you're coming up on a month this week. Yay! :happyfeet:
How would you rate your recovery overall?
@Susan209
 
Hey @Layla, yesssss, one month today. Seems ages ago and just like yesterday at the same time. If that makes any sense at all?

Pimms is a liqueur, British, which gets mixed with lemonade, fresh lemon, mint, strawberries, cucumber and orange. I tend to leave away the cucumber and orange. Only slightly alcoholic and very refreshing especially on a hot day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know what you mean about the time. I remember your wait well.
It seems close...but not that close anymore.
You're just an old hippy now like the rest of us. A YOUNG, old hippy :heehee:
Your drink sounds yummy for a hot day. :martini:

I enjoy your posts....keep em coming!
@Susan209
 
Oops. Pressed the button too soon.
Hmm. Recovery.
I’m not sure. A lot slower than I thought, what with being young and fit and healthy (aside from the dodgy hip obvs), even after reading all the material on BS. SO def thought I’d be up and running in under two weeks flat.
Struggling to walk as my back is killing me (but then, it’s been out for five+ years, so will take a while), as is the knee, and the walking stick has given me a sore hand, too. Def not walking as per the activity progression.
On a bright note, I am making improvements, like being able to get in and out of the tub/shower on my own.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Possibly the back issues are hampering the hip recovery a bit?
It makes sense it could take longer with your back and knee giving you trouble.
Slow and steady.....you'll get there. I still consider myself early in recovery at almost 6 months
post op. It's really not that far along in the whole scheme of things.
Yay for every improvement. They're all milestones.
Hope you're having a good week!
 
SO just went out to play a round of golf. Bless him. He doesn’t admit it, but I think he worries a lot about me.
I just keep reminding myself that it’s only one month today. And it took five+ years to get there... One month really is nothing if you look at that way.
I’ll keep practicing being patient. *bangs head against wall and sighs*


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree. I remember my recovery at one month out pretty well. You're continually improving.
My advice would be to document a lot of your personal recovery within your thread as you interact with others. I wish I would have documented more in mine in case I need to walk this road again. I realize all recoveries are different, even with the same person, but a rough guideline of the journey can't hurt.
Like a diary. Dear Diary...:heehee:
@Susan209
 
*blushes* I have been writing things down, daily in the beginning and now weekly. Minus the “Dear Diary” bit... Tee hee.
Thank you @Layla


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A month yes it can seem long ago and just yesterday it's odd. I wonder what it will be like years from now.....

Take it easy you're in very early recovery
 
Agree it is still early days. Plus, it seems people progress in different areas at different rates. So you may not see your walking the same as others, but they may struggle longer with the bath deal.
 
How's Susan today?
Can you make something for the handle of your walking stick?
My dad cut some tubular foam that fit over the sides of the walker. Really saved my hands......Ouchie!
Hope you're having a good Wednesday, or Thursday, or whatever day you're on... :heehee:
Can't keep track!
@Susan209
 
Above all, today is a hot day. *swelter* It is just before noon here and 35 degrees C and rising... @Gretel It would be even hotter where you are? I'm near the Airport... Anyone on the northern hemisphere want some sunshine and warmth? I have plenty to share around. My present to all. :santawave:
Took a little trip in the car this morning; the cat (tuxie) is nearly out of insulin, so off to the vet we went. Just under an hour return, and the hip did just fine. :happydance: Not that I did much, aside from getting in and out of car and being driven...
Work is still rather quiet, which suits me. More time for me to hang around here. :yes!:
Managed to do my legs yesterday. :happydance::yes!::happydance: SO of course didn't notice, but I thought I was getting a little furry. Disposable glove on a long handled bath brush and some hair removal cream... Wait five minutes, then swapped the glove for a face washer. I feel nice again. And can wear a dress to my work partyyyyyyyyy tomorrow. :tree lights:
Happy Thursday all.
 
Ah, @Layla , great minds think alike and post at the same time. :giggle:
Thank you for checking in.
Thursday midday here. And hotttttt.
 
Yes currently 40.7 here. I’m not a fan of the heat. Ugh. I’m in the lounge room with five dogs and the air conditioner blasting away!
Great idea on the hair removal. Well done!
 
Bahahaha. “Let it grow”... I guess the downside to having summer here is that it really is too warm for anything other than shorts or dresses, and with the leg elevated the fuzz was kind of in my face. All. The. Time...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom