THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Good to have things to look forward to and smart having time in between. Just hide in your regular chair!
 
Hi Sue @Susan209
If you are used to public transportation or walking then I'm sure 6 weeks is bearable.
I need to drive to get anywhere, so I felt stuck!
I'll bet you enjoy your time with friends Friday evening and you most certainly have
a good excuse to sneak off to your bedroom should you get tired.....or bored :heehee:
I think you'll find an hour or two at your work Christmas party enough too :tree lights:
Rest up you party girl :cheers:
 
So @Susan209 sounds like you have some fun things to do...if you get tired just tell them you need to nap get the @#$& out :loll:

No but nicely say I have to keep busy it short this time as they come in.

I think it's normal to feel like screaming when you're stuck in. I still get that way and I go out often
 
I feel ya on the boredom! Oh my word do I ever!!!

I'm with @MyAussieGirl, I would just let them know you may need to cut the night short. I'm sure they will understand....and if not, send them a YouTube link to Hip Replacement Surgery. Hahahaha

Oh and @MyAussieGirl - your post will problem get edited because of the symbols...happened to me. I referenced my Grabber Stick as a common phrase one may say when they repeatedly drop something that starts with word Son and ends with the word for female dog, but used symbols. Lol oops:blush:
 
Last edited:
:rotfl: I'm telling ya that @danabanana cracks me up! She said.....Send them a link to THR.
OR you could:
Begin talking incessantly about your THR
Show them your scar, whether they want to see it or not.
Drop food you plan to serve them on the floor and pick it up with your grabber
Store the adult beverages you'll serve in the sink surrounded by only your ice packs
Hahaha....can you imagine? The visit wouldn't last too long.
Hope you have a good one, Sue!
@Susan209
 
On another note, I had a not so good day yesterday, and an utterly horrid night last night.
Was boiling hot under the duvet, but the second I stuck so much as a toe out from underneath, I was freezing. Plus, I had the worst headache and face pain. Like I'd had my upper jaw stuck in a vice and someone was tightening it constantly. Brr. Feeling okay now, but my, I do not need another night like this one. :groan:
 
Wake up.....that just cracks me up!
It's 9:20 pm here on Tuesday night.

Isn't it weird?.....I'm easily amused I guess.
You're just starting your day (Wednesday) and I'm getting ready for beddy bye time, haha!
@Susan209
 
Oh no, do you think it was a sinus thing? Possibly an infection?
Sounds feverish too at least with the hot / cold you described.
Hope you feel better today. Take some naps :yawn::sleep:
Sending a hug :loveshwr: :flwrysmile:
@Susan209
 
Yep, feeling okay now. Was so weird, though. Don't think it was sinus related. I get sinusitis a lot, and this wasn't like it. Very odd. Not even my sister (the nurse) knew what it might be... Fingers crossed it won't happen again.
 
Don't laugh....but I wonder if you were clenching your teeth for a long time as you slept.
That still doesn't explain that hot /cold biz though...
Well at least you're better, that's all that matters now.
Hugs.....I'm going nigh nigh now :sleep:
@Susan209
 
Busy week for me. And a week of firsts. :)
Two week check on Monday.
Walked up and down stairs normally on Thursday.
Took a trip by bus to the doctors and back on Friday.
And a proper shower today (Saturday). Woo hoo.
Plus helped with the cooking and did the baking on Thursday for the friends and family we had over for an early Xmas dinner yesterday. Made it till 10pm and then politely retired. SO carried on for another hour with the remaining guests, then threw everybody out and did all the cleaning.
Happy weekend all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you had such an enjoyable evening and that your hip is doing so well.
 
Back
Top Bottom