THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

@Susan209 Bravo on the fuzz removal. I accomplished the same the other day! Though it's deep freeze here so pants are the norm, and Hubby doesn't care in the slightest, I don't do Ape well. Haha So I took the similar approach as you, but rather taped a razor to the end of the bath brush and ever so gracefully (HA!) worked my way through the wilderness. Feels wonderful, am I right?

Anyhow, while you and @Gretel swap hot temperature notes, I'm just over here in my Igloo! Oh how I miss a hot bath! :bath:
 
Oh I so missed my lovely hot bath! The funny thing is at after about six weeks I decided it was time. Stepped in okay then realised I didn’t really know how to get down to sit. Somehow managed but then lay there worrying how I was going to get out! Hubby had to get in and drag me to my feet to get up. It was quite scary :shocked: I’ve not been game to try again though I think I’d be okay now.
We had a record top temperature for two decades today. Awful. Thank goodness for the air conditioner. The dogs and me have hardly moved from this room today.
 
@Gretel I hadn't considered the sitting or in and outs of the bath!!! Shoot, now I'm going to have to figure that out otherwise hubby will not be at all keen on it!!! He's not even letting me standup shower alone yet! I'm sure I would be fine...I'm not an invalid...but on the offchance something were to happen, I dare not risk it otherwise I'd be forced to admit he as being right; which would result in my letting down women everywhere because we all know the woman is always right! :heehee:
 
Yes, invite him in! It worked for me for my first shower! Then he'll see that you can do it yourself. I'm in the SaraK side of things - don't really care if things get hairy for awhile. Only one who might see the fuzz is my OS at my check up next week and I'm sure he's seen worse things than hairy legs.
 
The only times my OS ever saw bare skin was in preop and surgery! First post surgical check up is at 1 month and he doesn't even look at the scar then (at least he didn't with the first).

I'm at the itchy stage - surgical glue starting to peel and flake off and Must. Resist. The. Urge. To. Scratch and Peel.
 
Ah, ladies (and the lone gent), ultimately wanted to look nice wearing dress to Xmas party. Of course we’ve had one of the weird weather changes we occasionally get here in Sydney; 36 degs and sunshine yesterday to 22 degs and drizzling today. Stupid weather.
Never mind. I am happy to report that rest and elevation and ice ice ice has resulted in Plan B - the skinny jeans (albeit very stretchy ones) fit! Oh, did I mention ice?
Happy Friday all. My lift just called. On my way to partyyyyy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Isn't that the way it always happens when planning an outfit for a special ocassion :hairpulling:
All the matters is that you have a good time and don't overdue.
Fill us in on all the excitement when you're up to it :martini: :happyfeet:
@Susan209
 
Had a lovely afternoon with some great food thrown in. Didn’t drink, tho. The restaurants was all stairs and slippery floors. @danabanana
Most frequent comment “You are walking?!”, followed by “What exactly is done during a hip replacement?”. Tee hee. They asked, I answered. I’m sure there’s a few people that regretted asking and then didn’t really enjoy their lunch.
Happy to report the hour in the car each way wasn’t too bad, and after getting a different chair managed the four lunch without being too sore. Spent rest of day with leg elevated and iced.
Will see how I pull up tomorrow.
Good night alllllll. Catch you again tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad your outing went well. Doing normal things helps our spirits which helps our healing.
 
:hi: @Susan209
It's sounds like you had a great time at your Christmas party.

Laughing at their surprise in you "walking"
Wondering how long they thought it would be before you were mobile?
IF you shared any bi-lateral stories their chins must have hit the floor :rotfl:

Hope you're feeling refreshed after icing and sleep. Wishing you a great weekend!
 
Hi all,
had a nice evening at a friends 50th last night. Bailed just before 10pm. SO put me in a cab and then carried on partying a little longer.
After two very busy days spent today watching movies and doing not much else.
Rather tired, so will play catch-up on BS posts tomorrow. Have a nice Sunday all!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're kind of turning into a little party girl @Susan209 :happyfeet:Hope you had fun!
I'll bet taking some chill time watching movies today re-energized you.
Wishing you a great week......Countdown to Christmas is on :santaclap: :santawave: :tree lights: :box:
 
I spoke too early about catching up on BS. My customers and also internal stakeholders have all just realized that they've only got this week before the Xmas break. *argh* Drowning in work today...
Wishing you all a good week
 
Good luck keeping your head above water. The last week before any break is always a pain.
 
Susan, when I post to you....I never know if it's day, or night, or the next day, or what :heehee:
So whatever day, whatever time, I hope you're having a good one :flwrysmile:

Countdown to Christmas......are you ready? :tree lights: :wreath::gbh:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom