THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Merry Christmas @Susan209!!! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas day!!! I'll cheers you again later as it's only 11:40am here for me on Christmas Eve day...a bit too early to start breaking out the wobbly pops! Hahaha although, it's like they say, "It's 5pm somewhere!" haha :cheers2:

Big hugs!!!! :dancing:
 
I love that Wobbly Pops @danabanana it's a cute one I've never heard, except from you.

I also like "It's Wine O' Clock" because that can be anytime. Haha!

Cheers, ladies!
 
All, thank you for the messages and wishes.
Needed a few quiet days after the madness that was work. Should be back a bit more after Christmas.
With a part German background, Christmas for me is on Christmas Eve, so spent yesterday afternoon and evening with my sister. She made dinner and I got a pedi. :) :) :)
And then I got to celebrate Christmas again today with SO. I got some very silly and some nice presents, so I guess I’ve been a good girl.
Best present is of course my new hip. Still improving every day.
To all of you that celebrate, I wish you a very happy Christmas.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey @Susan209
Wondering how you're doing this week in between the two holidays...
Six weeks post op now...hopefully it just keeps getting better.
I agree with you on the hip, it is the best Christmas present ever.
Last Christmas I was limping around like a grump, I'm sure :heehee:
I'll bet you have plans for a fun NYE! :martini: Warm wishes for a happy healthy 2018!
 
Oh, yes @Layla, 6 weeks already. It seems only last week.
Recovery seems to have slowed down somewhat. At least I’m not noticing significant improvements at the moment. We shall see. I have my 6 week appt next Tuesday.
Currently just enjoying the time with SO and being off work. :)
Probably won’t be doing anything for NYE. Most friends seem to be away this year, and we can’t just go into town. Most venues require tickets, which are prohibitively expensive. We should be able to see some of the fireworks from our balcony, so we’ll probably just stay in.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Recovery does seem to slow down but looking back you will still recognize improvements. Staying in for nye sounds like a great plan!
 
Happy to hear from you, Sue.
At 6 months post op, looking back a little, I feel like recovery does wax and wane a bit.
I'll bet you hear from your OS next week that your recovery is spot on.
It's great you're able to spend some quality time off work with your guy.
NYE will be quiet for us too. Crazy partying is for kids!
But you're still a kid! Kinda / sorta compared to me :rotfl:
Hope you have a great day!
@Susan209
 
Your NYE sounds good @Susan209 I am staying home too safe and warm. Here in MICHIGAN it will be mega cold no fireworks on a balcony for moi

Hugs
 
Hope you are having a good day.
[Bonesmart.org] Susan209 - not new, but improved

My favorite recovery chart.:)
 
Ah, @Gone again, I can relate. My SO and I just watched the 9 pm fireworks (this gets put on for families with kids), as neither of us is convinced we’ll make it to midnight.
The recovery chart is spot on, @Moko333, but yes, I’m having good days. Some are slower than others, but they are all good. :)
Happy and Healthy 2018 to all my fellow smarties, especially those of you that have supported me on this adventure.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aww pretty :) What suburb are you in Susan? We’re sitting at home trying to keep the dogs calm. They’re not fond of fireworks :scaredycat:
 
Gorgeous.
Happy New Year
2018...
To all those in the other hemisphere...
it's 6 am New Years Eve here.
Help putting on Fireworks at sister's tonight.
Pray for all to go well...I'm good on the walking, not sure about the running...:snork:
 
Happy and most of all a healthy 2018 to all.
I’m in Rosebery, @Gretel. Oddly enough the cats didn’t care about the fireworks this time. Last year at our old place they were hiding under the bed.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom