Guest viewing is limited

THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Survived the day, but oh my @MammaT.
When you posted it was around 2 pm Tuesday @Layla. No real tree here (too warm), and our faux one didn’t survive the cats chasing each other last year, so this year we have an inflatable tree. Odd, but works. SO put up decorations, and presents are all done, too.
Yep, I’m ready for a proper break.
Happy Tuesday all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You too @Susan209. Have Christmas lunch with a division at work today and then going to celebrate with on of our providers that worked with some of our at risk youth. My tree is artificial with few decorations at the bottom due to my cats!
 
:wowspring:@Susan209 Impressive partying; how fun! Good for you! :reindeerlights: Hope your celebrating continues and gives you some relief from all that work you've had to handle before the holidays. Have a wonderful :merry christmas:.
 
Awww, you too, @zinnia. Are you already with your family?
I’m melting here again. It’s 9 am Wed, and already 30 C/~90 F. Nighttime temperatures only dropped to 28 C. My ice pack is melting. Fast...
Happy Humpday all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oooh, and on my five week anniversary I managed to apply moisturiser on the bad leg all the way down to my foot (without violating my restrictions, of course). *feeling accomplished*


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh the simple joys! Makes you start feeling human again!
 
Yes, so true.
Last hurdle will be doing my feet/toe nails. SO has drawn the line at clipping my nails. :D


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow....It is hot there @Susan209
It's freezing here, 29 degrees, snow on the ground. What a difference!
Yay on the lotion. It's a great feeling to be able to do things like that again.
Doing a pedi was my goal. I was afraid to go to a salon. Still don't want to.
I do it myself but let's just say I'm not as flexible as I was at like.....39 :heehee:
Hope you have a great.....whatever day it is there!
 
Wednesday afternoon @Layla, and the promised cool change has not happened yet. It’s pushing 40C / 100F here now.
I’m also not a salon person. They don’t have a great reputation here, so I’ll wait till I can do the pedi myself or maybe my sister feels charitable when I catch up with her on Sunday. *fingers crossed*
Work still crazy, but I needed five minutes and so did my laptop. O:-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay on lotion!!! I managed that as well. Was a little tricky but I managed the lowest part of my leg by bending at the knee so my foot came up towards my swollen rearend, and reaching back. I'll cross my fingers for ya that your sister will take pitty on your piggies. I shared in my thread how I got treated to a pedicure by one of my gfs on Sunday. She absolutely spoiled my feet!!!! Was heavenly!!! I've been to a spa once for a massage and pedicure....I liked it because they fill a large basin with a moisturizing foot soak, rather than one of those foot spas. I won't do a foot spa...I worry about bacteria in the jets not being cleaned. Anyhow......our feet absolutely deserves some pampering. It's too bad us hipsters couldn't do one for each other. :friends:
 
Yes! Dana @danabanana
I've heard that's where all the pesky little germs lie at the salons.
In the jets and tubes that bring the water in and out of those basins.....supposedly never cleaned.
Thinking about it makes me gag. Won't go to the salon. Nope Not Happening!


Bribe sissy on Sunday @Susan209
Happy 5 week anniversary!
Hope it's cooled off a bit there and you're not wearing yourself out with work.
Just googled....you're 5:18 am Thursday - I'm 12:18 pm Wednesday why does it make me laugh? :rotfl:
 
My step son lives in New Zealand now and timing for a Skype is a little more than tricky especially on the weekends.
 
Oh my. What a week.
Turned on my out of office despite not being done and having a drink now.
It’s hot again. The weather man reckoned 25C and overcast, but it’s sunny and at least 31C. At nearly 5.30pm...
Looking forward to a week off and not so much crazy going on.
On another note, am pretty much walking without my cane now, although still with a limp when I initially start out and when I get tired.
The back is slowly settling, but the knee is still really bothersome, especially at night. Seems it likes constant movement, else it hurts. *sigh* The hip is pain free, just uncomfortable at times. Getting there, slooooow and steady.
Happy Friday!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Susan209 I relate to the knee thing.....my hip isn't bugging me, it's other areas like my groin and thigh and knee and feet....ugh!!! I have restless legs lately too.
I'm having a glass of Vino. Earned it. CHEERS!!!
 
Nice progress without cane @Susan209. Limping when tired seems to be fairly normal. Glad back is settling down. Hopefully the pesky knee will also. My knee was the worst and I was surprised at how much it hurt afterwards. Hope this restful week off is enjoyable.
 
I remember being so impatient to get rid of that cane. I just wanted to fling it into the woods to never be seen again. Good thing I kept it. It’s purple paisley and quite fashionable at least. :)

At around 8 weeks post-op I proudly limped into PT without it. She was not happy with me. Limping is not good and I was told to use the cane until I could fully walk normally.

You’re making great progress! Just be mindful of what that limp could be doing to other parts.
 
Hi @Susan209 Big cheers that on wednesday we'll be at week 7, and a very interesting 7 weeks it's been but on the whole very very good. Been a bit busy recently so only just catching up now, It must be Christmas day for you now so hope pretty soon you'll be opening presents. Think the best present ever is a new pain free hip. Have a great Christmas. take care.
 
Hey @Susan209
Sure hope you've been taking it easy after the hectic week.
Bet you'll enjoy relaxing during the holiday break.
Want to wish you a very :merry christmas: because by my calculation.....wait....I'm grabbing my phone to look.....It's 5:30 am Christmas Day and I'll bet you're still snoozing away! I'm 12:24 pm Christmas Eve as I type.

I've enjoyed getting to know you a bit through BoneSmart, loving your contributions.
Sending a hug and best wishes for a great day!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom