THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Pretty fireworks @Susan209
It looks like you're pretty high up there. Quite the view!
I hope you had a nice NYE.
Wishing you a new year filled with love, peace, comfort and joy!
 
Happy New Year @Susan209 I couldn't see the fireworks from my blankie fort but I could hear them. Hehe honestly, even if I had been able to go to the festivities, I would have likely opted out...-20 isn't my cup of tea, no matter how many wobbly pops and pretty light displays are available! Haha

Good luck tomorrow seeing your OS. I'm eager to hear what is said. Xo
 
Sue, I miss you :bawl: For real!
Hope all is well and that you've just jumped back into life.
Wondering how the hip is doing, improving weekly I'll bet.
Warm wishes for a great weekend!
@Susan209
 
Oh, my gosh. My supposedly quiet month at work (January) has been anything but quiet. Argh. So much for being back on BS... So just quickly during lunch:
Thanks firstly to all for the many thoughts and wishes. Same back to all of you. May 2018 be happy and - most of all - healthy. :happydance:
OS seems very happy with how I'm doing, even if I still think I'm slooooow in my recovery. We had a little chat, he watched me walk and checked my ROM, which is already better than what it was before surgery. He's happy for me to start swimming or just exercising in the pool :swim: and on SO's query reckons I can do PT if I wish to do so. Not a requirement, though. I am to return at the 3 month mark for X-rays and another check.

I went back to the office on Wednesday, and have been back every day since (it is nice to get out after being stuck inside for 7 weeks). Work as such is not a problem; just taking public transport to and from the office is a little tricky. I have to take one bus and two trains, and there's a loooooot of stairs everywhere. I never noticed. Oh, well. I take the cane when I'm out and about, and just take my time. Slow and steady does it. Could use elevators, but I prefer the exercise.

I've had a couple of huge improvements; well, in hip replacement terms, anyway. Can put on pants without dropping things on floor and then using the toes on my other foot to pull things up to where I can reach them (I never really used my grabber that much). Managed to shave legs (both sides!). Managed to clip toe nails on BOTH feet (yes, it looks a little rough, but hey, who cares...). Can get out of bathtub/shower combo normally, that is, by lifting my op leg over the edge. Am limping less when I get tired. Sleeping better, and on the good side, too (still with a pillow between my legs, though). Using my cane, I can walk really fast... :walking: I can keep going on. :yes!:
Happy 2018 and happy Friday, all.
 
How crazy was that! Love it though @Susan209

What a great update. So much wonderful news. I'm very happy for you!
While I miss interacting with you it's wonderful to hear how "normal"
things are becoming for you once again. After all, that's why we emabark on this crazy journey.
Hope you catch some well deserved rest this weekend! Hugs to you :friends:
 
Sounds like you are doing great! I went back to work full time this week, but I work from home, so no commute. Sounds like you can get a bit of real life PT in on your way to work!
 
Awwww, thank you, @danabanana . You, too, will get there. Maybe things are just taking a little longer due to your other health issues? I could imagine this might be the case. Your poor body won't know what to look after first, your hip, your tummy, ...?
 
It is amazing how something can just change overnight. I remember that from my first THR. Still waiting for that on socks and shoes this time. I can put them on but it's not pretty. I haven't tried toenails, but it's been about 3 years since I've done my own anyway. I'd never had a mani or pedi before then (never really been a girly girl) but am now hooked and go every month! The least comfortable pedi I ever had, though was the one I did 3 days after first THR
 
I still do acrobatics to get my socks on, @SaraK. :rotfl: Shoes are easier, though. But it's more about me being able to get them on without help, so, even if I look like a silly flamingo with one leg tucked up under my butt whilst trying to wrestle my sock onto my foot upside down... Don't care. I can do this... :happydance:
 
Keep up good work @Susan209, you sound wonderful. When I read all of the shoe and sock stories, I always remember how excited we got when kids learn shoes and socks and we cheered them through that milestone. Does that put us at advanced toddler stage when we can do that?! :whistle:
 
Hi Susan, so glad to hear your 6 week review with OS went well and your life is getting back to normal. Even though we both had the same op day my review is not till next Thursday. I think we can both still remember the night before our ops, that anxious painful yet excited the ops gonna happen feeling. We've come a long way and long may it continue. What's your next challenge to mark a new achievement? Have a good weekend.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom