THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay I should know better than to compare myself especially at PT but there is this guy who walks in, no cane, no limp, and hops up onto the table. The therapist asks him how he is doing. Fine no pain, having a bit of trouble turning from side to side. Now my ears perk up because there are not many hippees in PT. She says well it is to be expected since you are only a few days out from hip replacement. When I looked next he was merrily doing clamshell exercises. What......well since I am in a rant here goes another. On my way to PT I start my usual prayer for either a handicap spot or a spot within a couple of rows of the building. Today I pull in and yes there are four handicap spots open but a huge truck with an unloading ramp is parked in front of them. So I wander around and find one a a row back not too bad. And I am only sweating a little (95degrees ...humidity 500 percent) and make it up to PT. One exercise in, PT hands me a towel...I feigned a hot flash! Turn on the fans and hose me down. I do see progress especially with my gait. Just need the endurance and strength. Hope everyone is doing well.
 
Oh @sunbunny
So frustrating all those super duper people who recover in a few days BUT are they real? In a few days he may be doing too much and before he knows it has aches and pains. He may have looked brilliant that day but like you and I he is on a roller coaster! Take care
 
@copsham such a sweet reply. I do wish every hippee the best and of course I was jealous! Yeah the lovely roller coaster.....can hardly move after PT. karma... @DesertHorses i blame my kitty when I am too tired to explain. Poor Smokey. He is cuter than me and does not seem to care if someone fusses at him. Hugs
 
Sunbunny, I had the same thing happen to me. it is hard not to compare and yes I was jealous!! Had a bit of a set back and I am back to using the cane for my hip plus the knee. Sigh.
 
@webbie73 totally understand. I use the cane but if I am going into a store, I use the walker with a seat. That way I can sit if I get pooped. important thing is not to limp with an awkward gait. Hope your knee and hip gets better. We have to be careful. Oh, just saw you are scheduled for the knee. I have had both of mine done. More PT with knee but no mental worries of dislocation. PT had me do an exercise today that came close to a midline and it scared me bunches. Hugs
 
Oh Sunbunny - you do find the humour in these challenges. I have been trying to go without pain meds and it is not working. My "good" hip is very sore when I walk and I have such pain when rising from sitting but I don't want to take tylenol forever. I have been in a funk for a month and cannot get out of it. I cannot find the humour no matter how hard I try.
 
@sunbunny and @Tweefishy and all laundresses -- my 90 yr old dad gave me his rolling foldup shopping cart, and I still use that for laundry. I put a plastic bag 'liner' in it so that I wouldn't have to bend too far and I still use it for lots of things that I would have trouble carrying. I guess I still modify and choose what challenge I am willing to do. Dancing yes, laundry not so much.
Sunbunny, I had 40 'years of bliss' -- I had to laugh at your comment! I thot I was the only one who said that! Hug those hubbies ladies. Through thick & thin, ups and downs, they are there with you and that is something. :SUNsmile:
 
@wcgirl so true! Although more thick than thin......... Good idea about shopping cart.
@Granny Di this is our new adventure as we try to make happy with our new parts. Some give and take. I think most our displeasure comes from letting go of what we once could accomplish and find new methods to accommodate even the smallest of things. I am amazed at all that you do. But to you it might seem less compared to what you use to do. Pain causes me to limit myself and usually involves some sort of pity party with liquid flowing down my face. Plus I get cranky. I think because of my type of personality that I am even more harder on myself. Each of our journeys are different filled with detours as other parts start to go creaky. I wish we could be fixed like the Tin Man and we definitely rely on the courage, but most of all we have heart as we share our ups and downs with each other. I am off to find the wizard down the yellow brick road.....hugs!
 
Thank you Sunbunny for spreading some sunshine on my gloomy mood -you are so right about wanting to be able to do more and having to accept that I can't. You have been through this before so know what to expect and yet you continue to find the laughs in it all. Wish you all the best in finding he wizard but don't trip on the bricks.
 
@Granny Di you are an inspiration! Hmmm.won't be wishing for the red shoes...someone stole them years back...and I don't want to go to Kansas or home...not that there is anything wrong with either...bucket list always included Hawaii but airplane trip too long for people with so many bionic parts...Alaskan Cruise and New Engkand Cruise high on the list. Might just settle for a whitecap or two. Maybe we should all book a cruise and have a scooter fest! Hugs
 
I want to go on a river cruise. Did you know you can rent barges -ie houseboats - to sail the canals of France/Europe? You drive them by yourself and stop whenever you want. You don't need a special license -they can sleep 2 or 10 -and you can bike when you stop.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom