THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wcgirl me too. Order up a couple of those energy packs. First day of the trip and I finally had a second to lay down and my cute four year old grandson comes in saying " up An'mommy dinner is ready we have bbq chips and macaroni for dinner. It's ready and you have to come. A virtual feast for him lol. So much fun.

@PDA it does seem odd about PT. I have had to complete questionnaires and have strength tests along the way.
My main goal is to walk without a limp unassisted. I know the strength and endurance part might not improve much due to the back issues. I also do not want to rely on the right hip as I do not want it to go down too. I am sure PT as their goals for me too. Yikes!

@copsham yea love the lists, maybe we should have given the OS a list, let's see. 1. Fix me and make me better 2. With little pain , 3. Smile and encourage 4.while you are in there here is a list of stuff to take out and lift. Hmmm maybe I should have quit at number one.

@Legin lists might be a personality thing. Although hubby and I are completely different ( thank goodness...two of me would be scary), I make lists on big legal pads and items are completed. He makes chicken scratch lists on post it notes and loses the post its, much of it is never completed. Bless his heart. I wish I could be more like him. You know worry less, be in the moment, and carefree. I should definitely try to attain those three goals! Betcha I have to bite my tongue in half. Lol
 
@sunbunny
I know once school starts so will my lists! I just think I will cut them out of my personal life! Some of the stuff, I realized, ended up being trivial after I've gone through this hippy adventure! That way coming home from work will bring me to a zen place?!
I am doing well~You're so sweet to ask~ once I found sleep last night~ I slept like a rock and didn't hear my hubby get up and do lite chores and leave for golf! I slept nine hours~ it will come for the rest of you! I am 2 days from week 12! :egypdance:
 
@Sullivand nine hours whoopee! I have not seen a number like that in forever. Am back to sleeping on my side which gets me more hours than on the back. My favorite time of teaching was the start of the new year. Optimism, bright new faces, setting up the room, and smelling the crayons. Back to school sales to get supplies for the classroom too. I am there in spirit with you. I had to laugh about hubby and golf. The only time my hubs is on time is for a golf tee time. Let's see wedding, dates, doctor's appointments, church, work, meal times.....never on time. Since I am retired now, the stuff at home becomes the major list generator. I wonder what my chances are to get him to help me redo the kitchen cabinets. Probably better odds for me to run a marathon. Lol. Hugs
 
Trip is going well and I am trying hard not to overdo. Had a first yesterday and did not even think about it until I was in the store. A great sale but knew I had to try on the clothes. First time in a dressing room since before surgery. Gave up on the pants, no grabber...hmm I do have a folded up grabber but it would not fit in my purse. But so much fun trying on tops. But why is the chair in the dressing room soooooo low.
I know I am going to regret the scales when back at home. Do you know peppermint patties are great frozen? Let's see, lemon pound cake, homemade cherry ice cream, turtle cookies, and a peppermint patty. More sugar than I have had in months. Yikes. No wonder I am wide awake. 75 degree weather and no humidity. Yippee!
 
Chortle, sugar rush marathon. After all you have been thru why not just enjoy life. On the changing room note why do they just put a curtain there. As I was hopping on one leg trying to get other one in the leg of trews the curtain just didn't work as a leaning pole, oooooooops.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Trying on clothes .... avoided it completely pre op, congratulation on getting there, a small but not easy thing to accomplish! Does a sugar rush have implications for sleeping hadn't thought of that?
 
@copsham did for me. Clocked in about four hours off and on. I guess the saying you are what you eat applies here. Yeah, they fit when I tried them on two days ago, not so sure now. Yikes!
 
@sunbunny
Right so its no sweet stuff after 6pm and see what happens. All I want is enough sleep.
[Bonesmart.org] Sunbunny's Rainbow
 
@Legin you are a funny guy! I can see you tumbling out of the dressing room now. Probably hurting but lol for the world to see. Your roller coaster needs lots of ups to match your personality. Hope today brings sunshine your way. :yahoo:
 
Ty but good or bad tiz but a wee spec of life's journey.oh tizznt me being fun its called clumsy. Its how you take it, hence I wouldn't have found how icky the back of a corner kitchen unit was if I hadn't fallen and ended up in it. Also ensure an audience is there to witness. Family were in more stitches than I was after opp.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sixteen week update....I finally can say....drum roll please...I am glad I had this done. Had a double appointment day, PT and Ortho PA. I don't think the OS is ever there lol. Scar tissue is almost gone and only two PT appointments to go. Still working on regaining muscle strength but I can see much improvement. Yes, like the rest we pay the price when we overdue and have to be careful in all we do. I still think about restrictions and how I can attempt something I use to do without thinking. But I walk tall with a very small hiccup and without pain. I hope the right hip and back hang in there as I think this body needs a rest. I have finally learned to care less of things I can't control. Truly a big lesson for a type A gal. Now grant you I still get furious when I over hear family members making comments, oh mom can't do this or that. Especially when it is true. Yes, I want to walk on the beach, Hawaii would be nice, yes I want to ride a bike, yes I would like to wear a bikini and not look like a shark ate me for dinner (lol...bikini days are long gone...tankinis), yes I would like to get on the floor with my grandkids, but there are now many more things that I can do and without pain. So I will be happy today and send the very best wishes to all of my hippee buddies as we have traveled this journey together. Hugs!
 
Wow Sunbunny! Awesome day for you. Congrats! You truly made it to the other side. I'm so happy for you.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Nice one sunbunny. Re the tasks and jobs that you did and others now do, it really is difficult. I have a queue of family members offering and its difficult they offer from support and kindness, yet to us its like oh yeah rub it in. On many of the jobs I have adapted the jobs so I can, ie I struggle with our normal lawn mower so I got a hover mower. Right from day one I got a bar stool to sit if needed. Believe me I'm not giving up my kitchen.
But most of all you have the will to succeed, and character. Happy living

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Legin i have a new job for you. As much as you like to cook, you should get a food truck ( do they have those over the big pond) and sell your favorite food creations. I can see the Legin logo now.....
Thank you for your kind words. Hugs to you my friend. When I think of strength and endurance with mind over matter you are my icon.
 
I had the same idea a while back we have same vans here but I call them fat vans after most still they sell is full off fat. I was going to have the fatless van. Alas finances etc. But hey honthe best cooking is for family and large family gatherings.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Granny Di , @Legin , @wcgirl I really must laugh at myself. As soon as we proclaim how much better we are doing, we get the reminder we have so far to go. So I went to swim yesterday, showered there ( second time...quite the effort with grabber), went to lunch with friends, and came home. Then since I was doing so well, decided to change the sheets for the first time all by myself. I followed the golfers reach and twenty minutes later felt quite accomplished. Went on to do other chores. Started feeling twinges of pain in hip, rear, and groin so quit for the night. We are in the process of redoing the office (downsizing all the accumulated junk from two retirees, my husbands penchant for never throwing a wire or manual away, well you get the picture) and now we have come to the part of painting. Today, I convinced myself I could sit on a bench, scrub the window trim, sand, and paint. So I have been in pain for the last six hours. How do we know what we can do? Hmmmm.....I am part of the ODiC group. By the way, I will forevermore pay someone to paint. I have spent the evening eating my way through a bag of Heath Bars, which are my bonbons. So not only do I ache, my tummy is yelling as well. Tomorrow, tomorrow, the sunshine will come out tomorrow. Right? I do feel better to spill my stupidity.....
 
I did the same thing three days ago ...feeling oh so good and ventured out to be part of the world once again! (1 month post op) . Boy, did I pay for it the next day! Today just relaxed and had dinner with friends...feel better... We are hard headed...aren't we?
 
@sunbunny
I am so glad to read that you are doing so well! Aside from overdoing it~ you are doing great! Before your hip pain I would have guessed after completing such a painting project you would have been sore anyways! Take care of yourself! I agree~ hire painters! :climb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom